Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iekansh

Oct 9, 2010
I just tried my hand at porting a theme or two.. Not successfully, anyone here got any idea about any of this? I need some help. I want to know about editing .apk, playing with .xml and .9 pngs. Anyone?

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
@Rdhalla @sun90 @chairmansaab @vegeta
if u really wants mess go to official Indian gs2 owners thread

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

dont you think you are spoiling our thread reputation?? damn!!! whatever we talk here is within us, why taking it outside??????

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I just tried my hand at porting a theme or two.. Not successfully, anyone here got any idea about any of this? I need some help. I want to know about editing .apk, playing with .xml and .9 pngs. Anyone?

nice!

replacing the images should be the 1st step(easy way to start with modding)
xml edits need apk manager to compile/decompile.

pm me ur fbook, lets discuss something

Reactions: Lost Monk

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur

For playing with .xml you need to know how an apk works
.9.png you need good photoshop skills

Won't get much help here about this(we don't really know much about themeing and chetan is not here now)

Google for it
Read,read,read
Headace
also:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=962136

ano.cresent

Jul 5, 2011
Bangalore
hello guys .. i'm back ... I got my S2's motherboard replaced due to that imei issue ...
now I am all ready to root and install CM9
but before that can anybody guide me to official KL1 firmware files(not the whole ROM, I have that)...

ano.cresent

Jul 5, 2011
Bangalore
First
Take EFS backup
Then you won't need to see samsung service center if imei problem happens again

yes sir... that is the first thing that I will do once I am rooted by using GSII_Repair ... let me know if you know any other tool..

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

It can be done from ics with an app

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

triangle away ??

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
yes sir... that is the first thing that I will do once I am rooted by using GSII_Repair ... let me know if you know any other tool..

Use this:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hellcat.droiddev.ktool

retake backup from this app and verify the backup after that

You will see some .tar and some .img files in your sd card
Keep a copy of that files in pc also

yes

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Yes I guess it clearing data will delete the message.

People use to tell use jug instead of triangle away as that app might brick phone.. True?

no not at all, i havent seen any case of brick :) for safety purpose we can check the counter number in download mode and the one shown in the app, if both of them match ,then there would be no prob.

Reactions: Harsha Raj

ano.cresent

Jul 5, 2011
Bangalore
yeah, you are right. it will clear your counter + yellow triangle if you have

I read somewhere on XDA that you need a specific bootloader to install CM9 .. is it so ???

if so please guide me to those links and also links for the latest nightly(or the one which is working fine as per you) of CM9.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I read somewhere on XDA that you need a specific bootloader to install CM9 .. is it so ???

if so please guide me to those links and also links for the latest nightly(or the one which is working fine as per you) of CM9.

also .. .will TB on CM9 allow to restore app & it's data ?

abhijeets06

Sep 21, 2011
Bangalore
Why Samsung India Why ????????????

Srilanka - Bangladesh - Nepal got ICS update
And now even Taiwan also got Official ICS update for SGS2 today
(source sammobile)

But not our Grate :mad::mad: Samsung India :mad::mad:
Why Samsung Why ????????????

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
Awesome

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

also .. .will TB on CM9 allow to restore app & it's data ?

Triangle away can be used and any ics rom

and you can restore app and data from tb but make sure you don't restore any samsung related app

Srilanka - Bangladesh - Nepal got ICS update
And now even Taiwan also got Official ICS update for SGS2 today
(source sammobile)

But not our Grate :mad::mad: Samsung India :mad::mad:
Why Samsung Why ????????????

Because samsung india wants you to buy galaxy note
Won't be released until galaxy note gets ics

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Awesome

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Triangle away can be used and any ics rom

and you can restore app and data from tb but make sure you don't restore any samsung related app

What he meant was, to flash CM9 you need specific bootloader, does he need to have it? I'm also confused because I flashed CM9 directly from KL1 which is GB bootloader and im not facing any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discussed with co-mod and we both feel we have giving you guys enough chances. Thread remains locked.
    Discussed with co-mod and we both feel we have giving you guys enough chances. Thread remains locked.
    Absolutely. We cannot constantly monitor or deal with the childishness that goes on in this thread. We gave you several opportunities. Thread closed.
    kachrukamble ; iekansh ; Harsha Raj ; manoj971 ; manojcitc ; bala_gamer ; sam razzy ; safepacket ;adaneam, bala_gamer, Mr.Raviteja, rajarshi10, surya_mca ; ano.cresent, darshanbangre, nelsonoski1972, rocky23, ronhoover88 ; tarunagg ; aashgaur ; spoiltz ; h3llboy911

Check PM

(didn't send to some people who use stock rom like ithehappy and sam)
    Hey guys...

Had pre-ordered at letsbuy.com earlier and paid in full a couple of days back. Just got an e-mail from them informing that my order has been shipped via Aramex, along with the tracking number... and so the countdown begins :D !!

I'm sure there are several members in the same boat as me, and other's who are waiting for the GS2 to show up in stores to pick it up. The thought behind this thread is to have a central repository for all the views & reviews about the phone and share any other info as well.

Looking forward to hearing from all owners about their experience and posting my own in a couple of days as well!

Cheers!