T-MOBILE Samsung Galaxy Note 3 BAD IMEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drag&fly

Nov 19, 2013
Had a guy attempt to burn me on a Note2.... well he did burn me but I got his LP# and PublicData.com gave me his home address and in turn I gave his car an overhaul. You just don't screw people over and if you do, be prepared for the Karma bus to be driven right up your ass side ways. You know the type.... $50,000 Hummer H1 with $10,000 wheels and tires and probably only bean bag furniture in his apartment.... That Hummer got turned into a "Bummer". I hate people that screw herd working honest individuals. Pisses me right off.

kisoon

May 15, 2012
how to buy a phone off craigslist

Its difficult to buy phone off craigslist these days. All the major network are beginning to share banned esn/imei numbers.

The scam usually goes like this: people buy phone up to 6 lines either for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, or Sprint for free. They then turn around and sell the phones on Craigslist. They either not go through with the 2 years comminment or in T-mobile's case just not finish paying the finance payments.

Here are the steps to protect yourself (at least for T-Mobile):

1) Agree on a price before meeting.
2) Tell the seller you want a payoff receipt form T-moible showing the phone being paid-off.
3) Meet the seller at a corporate T-Mobile store.

Check imei (goole and you will find a free site to check imei).

****The seller hasto be the original purchaser of the phone or management will not be able to access finance / account info.*****

Comfirm with manager that the informations on the receipt is correct and account is clear.

***Have manager call insurance to cancel policy.*** Then confirm with manager, making sure that the seller can not reactivate the policy.

Bring a bill of sale form for seller to fillout. Write a check make out the the seller. Have seller sign over the check. The check will be a formal receipt should there be an issue down the road.

And lastly when possible, have manager document the transaction on your account.

todayzshakespare

Aug 25, 2010
dude these crooks are everywhere, they don't F***** Care for anyone all they want their money for free.

i got ripped too with note3 and feels like there's no solution so im gonna post it on ebay/craiglist as a blacklisted imei phone. see if i can get some back, im sure there's alot of people out there who knows how to fix might they are able to buy at cheaper price. My lost is there gain :)
but i learn a very big and a good lesson that before you buy something from open place you make sure with stores/owners/customer service that that's legitmat

sorry for those ppl who loose their hard money just coz of some crooks.

treoreloaded

Sep 14, 2007
get it sim unlock from cellunlocker then sell it on ebay to european and asian countries. atleast recoup some of your loses. people on craigslist use this as a scam to get money back and reports it lost and stolen to claim replacement from insurance. happened to me before and never again. best way is to have the seller go to a tmobile store to make sure the phone is not subsidized.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Its difficult to buy phone off craigslist these days. All the major network are beginning to share banned esn/imei numbers.

The scam usually goes like this: people buy phone up to 6 lines either for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, or Sprint for free. They then turn around and sell the phones on Craigslist. They either not go through with the 2 years comminment or in T-mobile's case just not finish paying the finance payments.

Here are the steps to protect yourself (at least for T-Mobile):

2) Tell the seller you want a payoff receipt form T-moible showing the phone being paid-off.

****The seller hasto be the original purchaser of the phone or management will not be able to access finance / account info.*****

Comfirm with manager that the informations on the receipt is correct and account is clear.

***Have manager call insurance to cancel policy.*** Then confirm with manager, making sure that the seller can not reactivate the policy.

Bring a bill of sale form for seller to fillout. Write a check make out the the seller. Have seller sign over the check. The check will be a formal receipt should there be an issue down the road.

And lastly when possible, have manager document the transaction on your account.

even if you check the imei. it will come out good on checkmend but this crooks will wait for a week or two then will report it lost/stolen for insurance claim. this crooks dont care.

Reactions: louforgiveno

kgbeezr1

These are great recommendations. Of course finding a seller on Craigslist willing to do this is slim. I've sent out so many emails just asking if a phone was financed and I've never received even one reply. People can be pretty shady. I've sold plenty of phones on there, but I always include the original receipt and an offer to meet at a store, I don't see anyone else ever offering this.

Although, a week ago I bought a Note 2 (sealed box) as a second phone on Ebay from a 100% positive feedback seller claiming "IMEI will never be blocked" and yesterday it was blocked. The seller claims he will refund the money and i'm ecstatic at the prospect of getting a refund, but i'll reserve final judgement for when it actually happens. The bottom line is it's probably never worth the gamble to save only a few percent off retail.

kisoon

May 15, 2012
That's why you need to read and follow the steps carefully. If you have management at tmobile terminate the insurance on the phone, i am told the seller can not claim insurance afterward. Also you will have bill of sale, a cancal check, documentation on account, and original payoff receipt receipt from tmobile. If imei goes bad you can contact insurance and and have them over turn the bad imei. Lastly, if that doesnt solve the problem then sue the guy in small claims court. OR ELSE PAY RETAIL.

get it sim unlock from cellunlocker then sell it on ebay to european and asian countries. atleast recoup some of your loses. people on craigslist use this as a scam to get money back and reports it lost and stolen to claim replacement from insurance. happened to me before and never again. best way is to have the seller go to a tmobile store to make sure the phone is not subsidized.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

even if you check the imei. it will come out good on checkmend but this crooks will wait for a week or two then will report it lost/stolen for insurance claim. this crooks dont care.

Last edited:

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Hi, I recently bought a new samsung galaxy note 3 t-mobile on craigslist. everything worked perfectly fine and a few days later, my sim card didn't not work anymore, i couldn't make any calls or connect with my data plan. i asked t-mobile and basically the person who sold the phone to me called in t-mobile and reported it as stolen and not my phone is blocked from ever making calls and now it has a blocked imei.

I read on a lot of articles, is there a possible possible way to clean the imei or replace the imei or repair it? Please help. I'm really sad and I'm so lost. I want to be able to use my samsung galaxy note 3 t-mobile with my own simcard however, it's imei block. can someone be kind enough and helped me? I tried everything even the 1) Insert the desired SIM card you want to use unlocked into your device, and restart the phone.
2) Enter the code *#197328640# into the keypad and press send. 3) Go to Main Menu -> [1] UMTS -> [1] Debug Screen -> [8] Phone Control -> [6] Network Lock -> Options [3] Perso SHA256 OFF (after choosing this option, wait for at least 30 seconds)

overall nothing works? is there a place or show that can unblock my imei or someone repair it so i can use it on t-mobile. please help. thanks so much again.

Did you get a receipt? Why not try reporting it to the police for a fraud and selling stolen goods?

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.

cleyward

Jan 10, 2010
note 3

Like someone said, theres no legal way to unblock that phone but PM me for my solution to when I had the same problem as you. Yours actually should be easier to fix lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

i recently bought a note 3 from tmobile and it turned out to be bad imei can you help me

Maduro78

Nov 24, 2013
If the phone is in mint condition you can still fetch a good amount on eBay as a bad imei phone. I was actually surprised how much they sell for which led me to believe there's a lot of people that buy them do what they do and sell them as clean

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

You can actually sell the phone as clean if your willing to ship it overseas. Blocked phones over here can work over there no problem. That's your best best for recouping

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

gman411

Nov 4, 2009
Ca
No law against changing imei

IF ANYMORE TELL YOU IT IS ILLEGAL ASK THEM TO SHOW YOU THE FEDERAL STATUTE. THERE ISNT ONE. You can search for developers outside here because XDA is now under the control of the major carriers.

gman411

Nov 4, 2009
Ca
Interested email me the info

I am interested

I have a motherboard/ Imei from Att S4 factory carrier unlocked. Phone LCD and Camera were Smashed by an angry Woman. Imei is 100% clean. Thinking of posting on EBAY. You could always go that route and replace yours. They are always for sale on there. Had it on T- Mobile 70$ unlimited plan.

Dreamgun

Sep 27, 2013
Just saying if I bought a phone off Craigslist "which i'd never do" and it got blocked, I would take the first opportunity I had to unblock it.

Yeah I know I'd be such a bastard for being a victim and having my money stolen from me, then changing a number and making everything fine.

The one paying for these types of things should be the carriers not random people looking to get a phone and use their service. Find a new way to deal with it. Carries would most likely even benefit from accepting more customers.

Last edited:

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
IF ANYMORE TELL YOU IT IS ILLEGAL ASK THEM TO SHOW YOU THE FEDERAL STATUTE. THERE ISNT ONE. You can search for developers outside here because XDA is now under the control of the major carriers.

...show me where it says XDA is under control of the major carriers, then I'll believe that there's no federal statute on changing IMEIs. So you're telling me, if you kicked someone out your house (network) because they were being an idiot (non payment) that you SHOULD let them back in because they changed their shirt (imei)? You're nuts.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like someone said, theres no legal way to unblock that phone but PM me for my solution to when I had the same problem as you. Yours actually should be easier to fix lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
    Get your money back from the seller.

Other than using the phone on a different carrier than T-Mobile, there is no legal way to fix your problem.
    Just stumbled on this post while browsing and does it not strike anyone as strange that this guy joined xda just for the sole purpose of finding an imei fix? Not saying dude is a crook but I saw this a lot in the S3 Sprint forums over time. Oh and craigslist sucks.

Not really. I think it would be more suspicious if she joined asking how to do it, or buy software to do it, or offer money... There are many reasons people join here.

The majority of people join so they can ask questions and get help. I'm just saying I found the question legitimate. Not trying to say your paranoid or anything, and this question comes around every time there is a major new phone release. I'm sure if you lurked around the iPhone forums, same question would be around there.

There are a lot of ways imei can be changed, and are easily searchable with our good friend Google. Coming here though is IMO better because it has all been laid out. There truly is no legal way to do what you ask, but there are alternatives. Hope you find the best one.

I think the best one for you to get your moneys worth is to root device, buy chainfires region lock away, and get some straight talk or something. This same situation was what someone else here was in and this was what they did. Legal and safe. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Should have met dude @ tmobile store and make sure everything was legit before paying for the phone, i bought mine off craigslist this way and have no problems. This is how you can tell if your dealing with a shady person or not is when there not willing to meet you in store,huge red flag right there!

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
    Keep googling their number and searching craigslist for stuff they sell. They might pop up some time. Then I'd thump them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk