Nook GlowLight (NGL) bypass Oobe

Search This thread

mastermind4

Apr 29, 2010
At the "Hi, welcome to your NOOK GlowLight™" screen, hold down the home button and swipe your finger along the top of the screen from left-to-right. A "Factory" box will appear in the upper-left. Press it.

At the factory screen, hold down the home button and tap the lower-right corner of the screen. A "Skip Oobe" box will appear. Press it.

mickjack

Dec 24, 2013
Oxford
Been using this on some NST's, would this be possible on the new White Glow Light ? please.
Or of course another way ?

Thanks, Mick

N

NOOK!E

Been using this on some NST's, would this be possible on the new White Glow Light ? please.
Or of course another way ?

Thanks, Mick

This guide is for the new white Nook GlowLight.

The procedure for the new NGL is the same as the NST except that, because the NGL has no side buttons, instead of pressing the top right side button, you press the home (n) button.

ianchef

Jan 14, 2010
Milan
Sorry for necro, This seems to do nothing on my brand new glowlight plus.. I can't get past oobe, when i try to login or create account, i get "unable to connect to nook services". :( Any help?

ianchef

Jan 14, 2010
Milan
Based on your location, might it have something to do with a firewall preventing you from hitting B&N's servers?

Not in Europe, as afar as i know. But i found the problem, and the solution!
It seems they sold me an outdated nook, and B&N have cut support ( ?!?!?!??!?!??!??! ), however, here
https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/215/~/sideloading-software-update-to-your-nook I've downloaded and sideloaded at newer firmware which wroked and updated just fine.

dnt83

Dec 13, 2014
Hà Nội
Hello
I have nook glowlight 3 using firmware 50, I can't bypass OOBE. could you show me the way bypass?

Thank you!

miteff71

Jul 17, 2020
Plovdiv 🇧🇬
At the "Hi, welcome to your NOOK GlowLight™" screen, hold down the home button and swipe your finger along the top of the screen from left-to-right. A "Factory" box will appear in the upper-left. Press it.

At the factory screen, hold down the home button and tap the lower-right corner of the screen. A "Skip Oobe" box will appear. Press it.

Is the reverse operation possible - to be maintained Oobe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can't get past oobe, when I try to login or create account, I get "unable to connect to nook services".
    Based on your location, might it have something to do with a firewall preventing you from hitting B&N's servers?