CWM and TWRP Recovery For RAZR HD Developer Edition

Search This thread

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
If you plan on flashing any ROMs, or making a nandroid backup you need a custom recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

nweaver11

Nov 6, 2010
New York
So has anyone flashed this with the bootloader unlocked yet? Just wondering if anything about install is different. Can't imagine why it would, but you never know...

triskropf97

Dec 5, 2012
so i follow the instructions n wen it says to type in fastboot devices it isnt a proper command or something..

edit: tucs V3 worked for me

Last edited:

ikesik

Jan 13, 2011
You need to have the fastboot files in the same directory as the recovery image. If you are on windows that means the fastboot.exe and associated dll which are available from hashcode's site.

Edit: just saw you figured it out, disregard :p
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

tucstwo

Oct 6, 2011
Like mentioned in the OP. I made a 1 click for the HD that removes all the necessary files that would over write you custom recovery AND then flashes either CWM or TWRP for you. Just need windows and a phone. No fastboot, no nothing. Just plug in and click.

Here if you want it

Last edited:
Reactions: mike253

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tucstwo made a one click flash. Read below.

Like mentioned in the OP. I made a 1 click for the HD that removes all the necessary files that would over write you custom recovery AND then flashes either CWM or TWRP for you. Just need windows and a phone. No fastboot, no nothing. Just plug in and click.

Here if you want it

**All Credit to Hashcode**

TWRP will work on any XT926 with an unlocked bootloader.

Download the latest version of TWRP from here: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/

I believe someone has created a tool that will install this for you in a "one-click" fashion. I would recommend that to anyone not really familiar with fastboot or has lesser confidence in using this method.

Here are instructions: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/twrp-and-clocworkmod-cwm-recovery-for-motorola-droid-razr-hd-xt926/ (Ignore the TWRP download links from that article because they may be old.)

*Hashcode, XDA, nor I are responsible for what you choose to do with your device**
    No, these are only intended for XT926 Developer edition. Check the other development area. You guys have a recovery.

Edit: if you want to be 100% sure message @dhacker29 on twitter.

Sent via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Ok just to start the recoveries in this thread are for the developer edition only. The safestrap recovery for all the other versions is in the other development section.

To your questions there should be a reset combination for resetting the battery (like pulling it.) Also you should almost always be able to fastboot flash back to stock if something goes wrong.

You wont be sorry at all. Its a great phone.

I've been using the dev HD for two weeks now and the battery is right on par with my old RAZR maxx.