Beats Audio and xLoud mod

Search This thread

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
So im sorry but I did this. And to be honest it didn't sound better at all. In fact I think it was worse everyone keeps saying stuff like wow... what a difference. But I hear worse clarity, more bass but... im a musician and so sounds I hear more clearly maybe than most but Idk.... anyways like I said im not trying to be rude.
If you arent trying to be rude then why are you apologizing? Just state you opinion/experience and keep it moving, nobody will get offended cause you dont like how it sounds.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
I reflashed and didn't install it this time.in my opinion from what i noticed is its like flashing a pre-set and you can't change it so your stuck with it on "hip hop mode" for lack of a better term.I'd recommend downloading "volume +" u can make your volume go wayyyyyy up .just don't set it past 7 or you risk blowing your speakers .also it has option to manually changes mids,highs ,and lows.its awesome. Check it out

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

iarejohnsmith

Mar 10, 2012
so is this mod only for ROMs, or does it work on stock? I flashed a couple of times on stock, rooted, and the result was a phone that would randomly shut off and require a battery-pull to start back up. :(

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
I reflashed and didn't install it this time.in my opinion from what i noticed is its like flashing a pre-set and you can't change it so your stuck with it on "hip hop mode" for lack of a better term.I'd recommend downloading "volume +" u can make your volume go wayyyyyy up .just don't set it past 7 or you risk blowing your speakers .also it has option to manually changes mids,highs ,and lows.its awesome. Check it out

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
But you aren't stuck at all. The phone also has Media Audio effects you can play with, I use PowerAmp for my media player which also has an EQ and DSP....it's actually the best sounding player I've heard so far, loud and clean.

Hey how can i install xloud without the beats mod

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
I haven't seen xLoud by itself....for all GB roms at least.

I had to factory reset kept getting force quits + camera and gallery were freezing ..... now things are back to normal?????
Interesting

so is this mod only for ROMs, or does it work on stock? I flashed a couple of times on stock, rooted, and the result was a phone that would randomly shut off and require a battery-pull to start back up. :(
Stock is a ROM as well...it's claimed to be for all GB ROM's, stock or not. You could have been flashing the wrong file

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
has anybody tried the nest version of this the 3-17 zip?

I haven't, but will in a second.....stay tuned

DO NOT FLASH THE 3.17.12 RELEASE!!!

I flashed the 3.17 release and it broke PowerAmp ;(....the only other music app I have is Google Music and it still worked. Not sure if it effected the stock music app as I don't have it. Stick with the 3.2 release

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Last edited:

jshinn1

Nov 6, 2011
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6
I haven't, but will in a second.....stay tuned

DO NOT FLASH THE 3.17.12 RELEASE!!!

I flashed the 3.17 release and it broke PowerAmp ;(....the only other music app I have is Google Music and it still worked. Not sure if it effected the stock music app as I don't have it. Stick with the 3.2 release

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

I'm using the 3-14 zip and it works OK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a heads up to those who may not know, there is a Beats Audio/xLoud mod/port on the board and it works on the Atrix 2. Beats adds a deeper, cleaner bass and cleans up the mids/highs too. xLoud is a Sony Ericsson thing, it basically boosts the overall volume of ur audio. I just flashed this mod to my phone and holy ****, huge difference! I had to turn all my volumes down media/ringer/alarms. My good cans are packed (moving this weekend) so no testing with them yet but after hearing the difference I just heard with only the phone speaker I'm expecting to be very happy.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App