[ROM][ICS 4.0.3] [27.05.2012] HeroICS v3

Search This thread

Co2p

Jan 27, 2011
I turned my phone on, put it to charge and about 10minutes later it starts ringing. It says my number on the display. And when I pick up there are a series of loud beeps before it hangs-up.
Its just weird.

forever571

Nov 11, 2009
nice! but battery has drain

GOOD JOB!
yestoday i installed the v3, it looks very nice, but one night pass , battery run down! 6 hours ago, the battery has 56%. :mad:
bluetooth cannot pair:confused:

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
I have only one question..when I hold home key, there appears running apps but they are like black boxes...can it be fixed?? Very good and fast rom:)

Sent from my Hero using XDA

I believe it's GPU related and won't be fixed since Hero sports an old and slow GPU Adreno 130 which only supports OpenGL ES 1.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1ceb0x

Co2p

Jan 27, 2011
What do you mean by that?

And after you swipe the apps from the multitasking menu you can go to Settings-Applications-Running and see if it is still running :)!

Follow-up on my question:
Swiping does kill the main app and leaves the other processes (like notification etc.)

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
GOOD JOB!
yestoday i installed the v3, it looks very nice, but one night pass , battery run down! 6 hours ago, the battery has 56%. :mad:

bluetooth is a known bug, as per battery I don't know what to say. I don't have that kind of problem. maybe you have an app installed that is eating the whole battery. oh, or you've forgot to turn off the mobile internet connection (you can by-passed that since the icon in the status bar is not working. i'm pretty sure that is your problem).

@paulreminder, thank you for your help. indeed, it is a gpu related issue and it cannot be fixed unless some dev will hack the adreno 200 drivers to work on our 130 version.

BeatsByMessi

Dec 4, 2011
Dudley
I have only one question..when I hold home key, there appears running apps but they are like black boxes...can it be fixed?? Very good and fast rom:)

Its not a fix exactly but there is a file someone posted in a different thread that you can flash through recovery. Instead of having just black boxes it shows a picture of android eating an apple.

I'm using my phone atm so I'll have to link you to the file when I'm using my laptop (unless someone beats me to it)

GOOD JOB!

That's very strange. My battery was excellent when I used this rom

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1ceb0x

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
bluetooth is a known bug, as per battery I don't know what to say. I don't have that kind of problem. maybe you have an app installed that is eating the whole battery. oh, or you've forgot to turn off the mobile internet connection (you can by-passed that since the icon in the status bar is not working. i'm pretty sure that is your problem).

@paulreminder, thank you for your help. indeed, it is a gpu related issue and it cannot be fixed unless some dev will hack the adreno 200 drivers to work on our 130 version.

DSC02619.jpg

Yeah, multitasking management could be fancy like the CM9 "Cornerstone" project or the latest HTC One series' customized "Recent Apps" feature. But as a matter of fact it's also tightly associated with GPU rendering, which I personally believe is too heavy for Hero.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

GOOD JOB!

Could be more specific. CPU speed, data connection status, apps running in background during that period, even your battery condition matters.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Here you are dudes. Flash this from recovery :) It will show the Android eating an apple instead of black boxes in the Recent Apps menu.

@Thanks to Habarug for it and thanks to BeatsbyMessi because it has reminded me :)

Will add it into the next release (if it will be a new one).

Attachments

• Recent_apps_androideatingapple_signed.zip
    765.5 KB · Views: 35

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
Here you are dudes. Flash this from recovery :) It will show the Android eating an apple instead of black boxes in the Recent Apps menu.

@Thanks to Habarug for it and thanks to BeatsbyMessi because it has reminded me :)

Am flashing it now. :D Way hilarious!

Kayant

Jul 14, 2011
sorry if this is a bit off-topic i was worrying what would be the best base to use to port the cm9 that i recently built i want to take make my own personal rom for the first time :) I have got it to boot better by replacing the trebuchet launcher with stock launcher 2 and disabling hwui rendering by comparing the build.prop with your fantastic port :p

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
sorry if this is a bit off-topic i was worrying what would be the best base to use to port the cm9 that i recently built i want to take make my own personal rom for the first time :) I have got it to boot better by replacing the trebuchet launcher with stock launcher 2 and disabling hwui rendering by comparing the build.prop with your fantastic port :p

we don't have cm9 yet. i'm working on it right now and it will be posted in this thread if It will boot tonight :). you can then use that to make your personal rom (only for use - not for posting on xda)

Kayant

Jul 14, 2011
we don't have cm9 yet. i'm working on it right now and it will be posted in this thread if It will boot tonight :). you can then use that to make your personal rom (only for use - not for posting on xda)

Thanks..... Don't worry i wasn't going to i don't consider it to be a rom it is more searching, copying and pasting and using my brain to figure out stuff :p , there is no development in that.

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
@1ceb0x is it possible to do a little UI overhal for this ROM? As summer approaches I was wondering is there a way to tune the overall UI a little bit "lighter" rather than ICS's default black flavored background.

For instance, it would be cool if the whole system menu UI uses the same color solution as "People" app's. With white background and black/grey/ICS blue color for context, I thinks the screen should be more readable when outdoor.

2cgzkoj.jpg

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
@1ceb0x is it possible to do a little UI overhal for this ROM? As summer approaches I was wondering is there a way to tune the overall UI a little bit "lighter" rather than ICS's default black flavored background.

For instance, it would be cool if the whole system menu UI uses the same color solution as "People" app's. With white background and black/grey/ICS blue color for context, I thinks the screen should be more readable when outdoor.

2cgzkoj.jpg

It is possible with a mod I've found. But it is kinda only for CM9. I've implemented in an experimental build that I was working on and the SystemUI didn't want to change it's colors :). If I can make the CM9 port to boot to life tonight, I will implement the mod for sure, because I too love those colors in ics :D. The combination of blue and white is just fabulous!

Reactions: paulreminder

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
It is possible with a mod I've found. But it is kinda only for CM9. I've implemented in an experimental build that I was working on and the SystemUI didn't want to change it's colors :). If I can make the CM9 port to boot to life tonight, I will implement the mod for sure, because I too love those colors in ics :D. The combination of blue and white is just fabulous!

Thanks a million!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I'm reactivating this thread since I cannot talk with samm every now and then to update the OP from this thread here.

What works:
    It is stable for a daily driver but there are definitely things that doesn't work. For starters, the Hero is too small for ICS since we don't have any GPU posibility. Adreno 130 drivers are oh, too small and too bad for animations on ICS, they suck even in GB and Froyo. Still, the statusbar and fling are much smoother than other android releases because that's how ICS is built. It is more RAM friendly and it looks, well, sexy!

Will try and update this rom when it will be possible. We might jump on the bandwagon of 4.0.4 if I can make it to move faster than it moves right now (yes, I have an experimental build).

If one of you want to join me to develop this rom further, send a PM and I will send you some details about what is in the works, how far it is. I know there are few people that can work on builds here on Hero thread but if we work together, we can pull this out one more time.

FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
    - YOUR BRAIN
    - YOUR HOUSE
    - YOUR PHONE!

ON with the ROM. What has been changed:

Added:
    Code:
    - Google Music apk (yes, official google music app);
    - Explorer.apk
    - Latest and greatest LV Kernel 1.2+
    - Revert to Evtoolbox back from 4.0.3 builds
    - Set the cpu to scale at 352-672 from startup
    - Tweaked the build.prop a little (added some experimental lines)

Why this is v3?
    Because the memory management inside the kernel (remember, INSIDE THE KERNEL) is tweaked and fixed to nice values in order to allow our hero to better multitasking (you can find these values in my other rom called 1ceCream BEAST Flavor). No need for tweaks in init.d to do the job, no bull****.
    Just plain and simple!
    If you are texting someone, sending an email, playing a game, doing something, and you are locking the screen, after unlocking you will find that the application is ON the screen, and is not closed how it is in many other roms for hero. The multitasking with my values is so much better, you will definitely like it!

The rom moves fast, even if it is ICS, I have the animations on and no force GPU in Developer settings and it is still moving so much fast than the older builds.

Overall, I am happy with this release and I hope you will be too! Post me some of your opinion and tell me if it is fast or am I dreaming!

Some user's feedback:

wow 'HeroICS v3' is running on rocket power !!! what the hell

amazing job :D

Carrier Internet connection issue:
    - Create Manual APN for provider's internet connection.

DOWNLOAD HeroICS v3

From this tutorial it seems that it should take near the same amount of power and storage needed to compile ICS for JB :) .... I can compile for you guys if you ever need it. It takes about 4 hrs for me to compile ICS on my old Intel core 2 duo with 2 gb of ram loool :p
    kayant,

dont worry. we're (1ceb0x and i) on it. cm9 will be ported to hero gsm in no time. im running it already on my heroc and it runs pretty decently considering ics is a little bit of a hog.