QuadGearBox: Save battery maybe. (EcoMode)

Does the battery life increase in eco mode?

• Total voters
Search This thread

domenukk

Jan 11, 2010
I'm 99% sure I used volume down button. To be honest I can't remember but it's the same on all my android devices, so I did it instinctively.

Maybe it's the app Micro CPU monitor? It has an option to show all cores seperately and also starts on boot.

I've been able to produce a reboot myself: When switching from eco mode to quad-core with a tegra game playing in background.
So it's very likely that apps that access the processor can cause reboots.
BTW some fun facts taken from downloads of this App:

• The Phone is called P880 3x instead of 4x on the Play Store
  • Half of the phones seem to be in used in HongKong and Taiwan
  • 10 percent in Italy
  • 5 percent China, 5 percent Germany, 5 percent Russia, 5 percent Thailand
  • USA and Great Britain didn't even make the list.

Just my 2 cents.

TechGR

Jun 23, 2012
bucharest
Power + Vol Up is download mode
Power + Vol Down is recovery
Power + Vol Down while connected to pc is software update mode and it is for flashing firmware or updateing via pc suite

I had problems with my O4X for no reason last night, it froze in the camera app and after I pulled the battery it would get stuck with the logo or a lockscreen with black behind it. I fixed this from recovery with a factory reset. I was not using the app from this thread, nor other hardware control apps. Firmware V09b.

DS7005

Oct 12, 2011
Hi,

Power + Vol up and hold for 10 seconds and it will run a reset so I did not remove the battery

ds7005

Arne_B

Sep 26, 2012
Steenhuize
I tried this QuadGearBox options but whenever I try to check the Eco-mode box it immediately unchecks itself again... I seem to be unable to use this option?
I have the Euro Open V10F stock ROM.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
U have to click repaetly in it until it sticks have the same issue.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
But for me it force closes now since weeks already. Is not usable anymore.

harkonnen00

Dec 18, 2012
Hi all
I'm a newbie here trying to search for the autofocus issue while recording video. Is that what you call breathing focus? I have the v10b
Does anyone know in which version is that corrected?
Thanks

This EcoMode is so interesting for me--- why LG hide that EcoMode options??? i mean look at here in LG site http://www.lg.com/hr/mobilni-telefoni/lg-Optimus-4X-HD-P880 (just scrol down at the and of page) they show as EcoMode options in quick settings notification bar... but i can find nothing in my phone,,, so strange and funny :) maybe we get this eco mod with jb update??

Last edited:
Ok..update to JB comleted but there is still no options for EcoMode...why???:confused:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 364

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
i lost eco mode from 20B when i flashed this official upgrade, but i got powersaver, i think it's the same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,
    In my quest for root and an overall more usable phone I stumbled upon LGs QuadGearBox.
    I have read about it in an announcement however it hasn't been released officially yet.
    It has the option to set the tegra processor to eco mode. Feel free to try it out ;)
    You can choose any shortcut app and dig into settings where you will find QuadGearBox or just use my wrapper-app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domenukk

There is also a CPU meter hidden in an lg settings app but I have to sleep now... :D
    Hope this helps and brings this awesome phone with battery issues a step forward. It's as good as it will get without root... ;)

khVoK9qtuDi9wehtwADMnoHycskqtQ4a2W7SNlGa1MTdZkhByi3Sr7di5ixv3Cpjxr0

oPXrcIz_JbmspfkpWKR0GtgjL9SLg7P8gxy2FX341bWbEjaAZxkYH01IJC75cbcptlul
    I can not download from playstore giving error, can post the direct download link?

Inviato dal mio LG-P880 con Tapatalk 2

Just search for it.. it's there.

Tnx, i'll try :good::good:
    there's eco mode on my JB 20B, it was tehre in 20A aswell
    Enter command again in to the terminal and un-check box...