[ROM] Android 4.2.2 | JDQ39 | Stock | Unrooted

Search This thread

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
This is just a flashable stock unrooted ROM for anyone wanting a copy to flash via CWM as opposed to fastboot. It was literally the JDQ39 system image dumped into the dsixda kitchen and thrown straight back out with NO changes whatsoever - it's not even deodexed! Useful if you need to use an app which can still detect root even after using a root-hider app (e.g. to watch Sky Go in the UK)

It is the 100% untouched, unmolested system image

Enjoy...

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJnSU5IQVNiV3dPd3NUQw

Last edited:

Thibaultvw

Sep 2, 2012
Ghent
If you flash this, will you get OTA updates even when on a custom recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rest0ck

DontPushButtons

Apr 22, 2012
Pittsburg
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Far as I know, OTA is dependent on the recovery. So you would still need stock recovery to pull the OTA.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. I came from an HTC monstrosity, and we all know how easy those are to modify.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Thibaultvw

naveediftikhar

Account currently disabled
Jul 4, 2011
Usa
Google Pixel 6
Far as I know, OTA is dependent on the recovery. So you would still need stock recovery to pull the OTA.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. I came from an HTC monstrosity, and we all know how easy those are to modify.

Yes..you need stock recovery to get ota updates...!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: Thibaultvw

swirly05

Apr 14, 2009
Perdido Key FL
Thanks for this really! I ended up pushing root after installing, it was a must

I went unrooted first and forgot TB wouldn't work. :cool: Kinda feels good to be on stock, nothing like regular N4 :thumbup: thanks again!

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
yes that you can do..but forget about anythin OTA if u aint using the stock recovery!

Hmm. Though we would get "Failed" upon an ota via s3 I remember regardless of recovery it would indeed update as well as patch recovery. But I'm not saying this is the case on nexus devices as this indeed is my first.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

I went unrooted first and forgot TB wouldn't work. :cool: Kinda feels good to be on stock, nothing like regular N4 :thumbup: thanks again!

Hey swirly ..as you approach a possible flash coming from this flash able stock zip would you mind posting any positive results if any with your performance and battery? I have heard and at times on other devices found at times this does improve somewhat by the partitions being reset or to those lines etc. Thank you.

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012

You didn't keep a stock from first flash?. I always do. Good ole flashback unroot then delete twrp (depending if really needed as s3 wasn't) then protect root with root keeper then unroot take ota then load saved root. If this doesn't work on nexus 4 I'd love to know but worked on RAZR rezound and s3..if not I'll report in a created thread via next update. My reason is I like having that true first stock backup. Good for fresh installs of custom when reverting first. IMO lol

kyokeun1234

Sep 25, 2011
Niagara Falls ON Canada
Just a quick question. If you flash this and then flash stock recovery, can you basically unroot by doing that? It'll be much easier (at least in my opinion) of you could just flash the rom to unroot and go back to pure stock

gialakias

Mar 4, 2012
Athens
Google Pixel 4 XL
Well the truth is that if you have cwm 6+ the OTA installs with no problem and if you are root, it keeps it too! Just for your information the OTA needs system ,bootloader, radio, boot.img unmodified.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
TBH I made this to help people too lazy to flash the stock factory image from Google. I'd always recommend the factory image personally

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a flashable stock unrooted ROM for anyone wanting a copy to flash via CWM as opposed to fastboot. It was literally the JDQ39 system image dumped into the dsixda kitchen and thrown straight back out with NO changes whatsoever - it's not even deodexed! Useful if you need to use an app which can still detect root even after using a root-hider app (e.g. to watch Sky Go in the UK)

It is the 100% untouched, unmolested system image

Enjoy...

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJnSU5IQVNiV3dPd3NUQw

Yes..you need stock recovery to get ota updates...!