Bounty for S4 Active Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Same song different tune. Bounty for the Galaxy S4 Active i537 bootloader unlock method

Bootloader unlock must be repeatable by the average user it also must be stable
It can also be a work around to allow custom recoveries, roms, and kernels to be flashed be the basic user:

Pledges:
_MetalHead_ $50
yankeesfan714 $25
Marvelicious75 $15
msn.debord $20 (user backed out)
sc0tty8 $10
daugh016 $20
Rattles $15
stephensonbrady $10
kirkgrier $25
paleh0rse $10
amerikian $10
taaeng $10
skeppley $20
bubba9004 $10
Zmetta $50
daledenton $100
Deliximus $20
dave5777 $25
darktony85 $40.08(user backed out)
yoondroid $50(user backed out)
JEZZEJAMEZ $20
texassax $20
freddiemercury1 $20
mnasledov $100
my-blue-snog-box $10
Avail211 $50
greg2725d $20
huggstown $100
V1C7OR $20
googlegot $100 (user backed out)
EvilTelephone $10
nlsoldier $20
C/SmokD $50
hackstermind $50
muqali$50
tabish121 $40
DeathIYIetal $150

Total: $1155

(if you made a pledge but changed your mind or if I missed your pledge please PM me)

I was asked what the process would be once a exploit is found. Once it is found we will wait for the dev to specify how he wants the money sent. Usually it is just a donation to their paypal account. On rare occasions the dev will just say they want money donated to charity but that is rare and the dev should get paid for their hard work. I will follow up to make sure everyone pays.

Last edited:
J

jetlitheone

This is gonna be a hard one to achieve, not because it's going to be difficult but because the S4 Active is an AT&T exclusive and the international variant doesn't seem that popular.

Need an Active forum on here. No pun intended haha

yankeesfan714

Jan 6, 2013
Can we debloat with a locked bootloader on stock rooted rom?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda premium

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Can we debloat with a locked bootloader on stock rooted rom?

That is what I did... I took out the bloat apps... Honestly the bootloader for me is a "in the long run" thing. I am more than happy with the current state of my S4 Active, just wouldn't mind the early update and future mods that require a flash

Reactions: vais4me

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
That is what I did... I took out the bloat apps... Honestly the bootloader for me is a "in the long run" thing. I am more than happy with the current state of my S4 Active, just wouldn't mind the early update and future mods that require a flash

Me too. I've already debloated and used FolderMount to move my big games to the external SD card so the bootloader unlock can wait as long as it needs too. The stock ROM on here is blazing fast and has everything I need. I am a happy camper.

thatbigmoose

Jan 11, 2012
It'd be pretty cool if he just completely hacks it. =p

If this happened he'd most likely be able to walk away with the bounty for the S4 AT&T, S4 Verizon and S4 active, so he'd be roughly $1000 richer.

With that, I'll throw in $25 because I don't think a BL unlock will happen.

Might also want to stipulate in the OP whether or not the boot loader needs to be unlocked or if a workaround to run custom kernels and recoveries would be good enough.

yankeesfan714

Jan 6, 2013
If this happened he'd most likely be able to walk away with the bounty for the S4 AT&T, S4 Verizon and S4 active, so he'd be roughly $1000 richer.

Might also want to stipulate in the OP whether or not the boot loader needs to be unlocked or if a workaround to run custom kernels and recoveries would be good enough.

Workaround would be great.

Marvelicious75

May 23, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I'm willing to throw in $15 on this as well. Still don't own one, but with root opened up, I may go shopping tomorrow.

As before, I hope you don't mind sending out a PM to those who don't pay up promptly. I probably wouldn't have checked the forum for several days otherwise. The PM got Geohot his money much sooner and got me to this thread...

mathieulh

Jan 9, 2008
Paris
Isn't the S4 Active Bootloader still exploitable with the LOKI exploit from djrbliss? The I9505G bootloader is and is more recent. All you'd need is to change the offsets for the check_sigs function in loki_patch.c and you should be good to go.
Of course someone (I guess you know who I I am talking about) can always repack it with a fancy name and claim he's hacked the Active bootloader all on his own eh ?

Thermalwolf

Mar 13, 2011
Austintown, Ohio
Isn't the S4 Active Bootloader still exploitable with the LOKI exploit from djrbliss? The I9505G bootloader is and is more recent. All you'd need is to change the offsets for the check_sigs function in loki_patch.c and you should be good to go.
Of course someone (I guess you know who I I am talking about) can always repack it with a fancy name and claim he's hacked the Active bootloader all on his own eh ?

No Dan confirmed loki has been completely hard patched on the S4 Active.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta

I'm willing to throw in $15 on this as well. Still don't own one, but with root opened up, I may go shopping tomorrow.

As before, I hope you don't mind sending out a PM to those who don't pay up promptly. I probably wouldn't have checked the forum for several days otherwise. The PM got Geohot his money much sooner and got me to this thread...

Updated. Thanks.

@geohot if you thought getting root was quick money finding a way to unlock the bootloader (or a work around) will bring in donations for AT&T S4 users, AT&T S4 active users, Verizon S4 active users and probably a handful of international users (and maybe future note 3 users, s4 zoom, S4 mini). No one will be able to steal you joy because this has not be possible by ANY dev to date ;) Flex your muscles and blow our minds once again :good:

Last edited:
J

jetlitheone

The only way were gonna be able to unlock our boot loader is when theres a leak from att or Verizon with the keys or whatever. It'll happen sooner or later but not now and its not hackable. Its 2013 lol these companies are really genius.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Marvelicious75

May 23, 2012
OnePlus 8T
The only way were gonna be able to unlock our boot loader is when theres a leak from att or Verizon with the keys or whatever. It'll happen sooner or later but not now and its not hackable. Its 2013 lol these companies are really genius.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm no hacker and I don't really know anything about how secure the bootloader is, but I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard of something "not hackable" being hacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same song different tune. Bounty for the Galaxy S4 Active i537 bootloader unlock method

Bootloader unlock must be repeatable by the average user it also must be stable
    It can also be a work around to allow custom recoveries, roms, and kernels to be flashed be the basic user:

Pledges:
    _MetalHead_ $50
    yankeesfan714 $25
    Marvelicious75 $15
    msn.debord $20 (user backed out)
    sc0tty8 $10
    daugh016 $20
    Rattles $15
    stephensonbrady $10
    kirkgrier $25
    paleh0rse $10
    amerikian $10
    taaeng $10
    skeppley $20
    bubba9004 $10
    Zmetta $50
    daledenton $100
    Deliximus $20
    dave5777 $25
    darktony85 $40.08(user backed out)
    yoondroid $50(user backed out)
    JEZZEJAMEZ $20
    texassax $20
    freddiemercury1 $20
    mnasledov $100
    my-blue-snog-box $10
    Avail211 $50
    greg2725d $20
    huggstown $100
    V1C7OR $20
    googlegot $100 (user backed out)
    EvilTelephone $10
    nlsoldier $20
    C/SmokD $50
    hackstermind $50
    muqali$50
    tabish121 $40
    DeathIYIetal $150

Total: $1155

(if you made a pledge but changed your mind or if I missed your pledge please PM me)

I was asked what the process would be once a exploit is found. Once it is found we will wait for the dev to specify how he wants the money sent. Usually it is just a donation to their paypal account. On rare occasions the dev will just say they want money donated to charity but that is rare and the dev should get paid for their hard work. I will follow up to make sure everyone pays.
    Who ever does a clean bootloader unlock will get a crisp $100 bill from me.

Mark it, dude.
    I'm a new user who can't post in development yet, but I wanted to let everyone know this procedure worked for loading a custom ROM (NOT flashing / bootloader crask) and all hardware working AFAIK) for my S4 Active i537 with the MF3 Kernel using Safestrap:

Procedure for my Samsung S4 Active i537 MF3 - I537UCUAMF3 - US, AT&T:
    While most are concerned with the locked bootloader I am concerned about an Odin oneclick MF2 or MF3. I have been politely talking to people that can help us. I finally got an answer about some new Active stock roms. Names are blurred so as to not have people send hate mail ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537
    no he has been off the grid, my guess is he is waiting to hear back from the flash gordon guy. I am pretty sure it means nothing to us yet. Once we have a work around or bootloader unlock it will be helpful

p.s. you spelled my name wrong so I wasn't notified ;)

Open source kernel really means nothing to us.

It could be useful to find a root vuln but we already have one of those. Or a way to hijack the boot sequence really early and boot into CWM as if you were booting into system. A lot of DROID devices have a workaround like this and this is probably what will happen with the S4 and by extension us.