[Q] Trouble flashing Cromi-x JB 4.2.1

Search This thread

bbryantuf

Jun 2, 2014
Ok, i'm trying to install Cromi x JB 4.2.1 by flashing it from my SD card

I'm on bootloader 10.6.1.14.0

TWRP 2.6.1.0.

I flash the zip from the sd card like i've done many times with other ROMS. Everything looks fine. I go through the install steps for Cromi-x, everything appears to install correctly. I get a friendly message telling me that everything went great, to reboot my tablet, and to enjoy!

But TWRP tells me that no OS is installed. When I reboot, it goes to the ASUS splash screen and just sits.

What could I be doing wrong?

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Ok, i'm trying to install Cromi x JB 4.2.1 by flashing it from my SD card

I'm on bootloader 10.6.1.14.0

TWRP 2.6.1.0.

I flash the zip from the sd card like i've done many times with other ROMS. Everything looks fine. I go through the install steps for Cromi-x, everything appears to install correctly. I get a friendly message telling me that everything went great, to reboot my tablet, and to enjoy!

But TWRP tells me that no OS is installed. When I reboot, it goes to the ASUS splash screen and just sits.

What could I be doing wrong?

Did you mean 10.6.1.14.10? It happens to me once in a while with that issue...:( If you don't have anything to save and I guess that you don't. First, you could try to wipe your system, cache, and data from your twrp. Then go to mount button and manually mount your system, cache, and data then try to install your ROM again..:fingers-crossed: If it still doesn't mount your system, you have to go through the steps above with a complete shut down of your device and don't install anything if ask.. Then boot back into your twrp and manually mount all your partitions then install your ROM. Good luck...:fingers-crossed:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
That usually happens when /system can't be mounted correctly or the installer didn't actually finish (even though it reported it did).
Try rebooting and wipe /system and flash again as said.