Problem updating to 4.4.3

Search This thread

blambo

Jul 28, 2010
I am having a similar issue where the error that pops up for me says "/system/bin/app_process has unexpected contents". I tried uninstalling xposed and gravity box but that didn't help. Help?

Trying to use TWRP to do this thing is a huge pain.

Again. Forget about all the problems going around and around in circles chasing their virtual puppy-dog tails on this thread. Update to 4.4.3 with no loss of data, no uninstalling xposed modules, etc.etc.etc. Use Nexus Root Toolkit, it's just too easy, simply follow this very well done guide:

Update Nexus to 4.4.3 without uninstalling key programs and no data loss...

Just a note here for others: If you do not have root (i.e. locked bootloader,) you can still do it with the stock recovery and ADB. No data loss, and no uninstalls of anything. Just make sure to change your Nexus driver to "Android Composite ADB Interface" to complete the deed.

That's it and that's all. :cool:

Reactions: phaseL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I fought with the Nexus 7 {2013} 4.4.3 update for a good day and a half. Tablet rooted with xposed modules , etc. Same messages you got.

Found that this method works very easily and preserves all data. Takes a few minutes to accomplish, then just one minute to reroot. Try this, it works:

http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-t...ndroid-4-4-3-without-losing-any-data-0155334/
    I am on a stock rom, rooted with twrp. I downloaded the 4.4.3 update ota but when rebooting it went to twrp and I did not know how to proceed so I booted to system. The update did not apply and I am still on 4.4.2

Now I cannot download the update again as it says I have the latest version.

Please tell me how I can get 4.4.3

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I am having a similar issue where the error that pops up for me says "/system/bin/app_process has unexpected contents". I tried uninstalling xposed and gravity box but that didn't help. Help?

How did you uninstall xposed? If you did so the way you normally uninstall apps, you did it the wrong way. You should have uninstalled it from within xposed. I think you can still fix it by reinstalling xposed and doing it the right way.
    can anyone please confirm that this is a flashable .zip of a full stock Kit Kat 4.4.3. or can anyone point me to one. - thanks :cyclops:

I can, Tassadar is a well-known developer, I flashed it and it is working fine.

Trying to use TWRP to do this thing is a huge pain.

Again. Forget about all the problems going around and around in circles chasing their virtual puppy-dog tails on this thread. Update to 4.4.3 with no loss of data, no uninstalling xposed modules, etc.etc.etc. Use Nexus Root Toolkit, it's just too easy, simply follow this very well done guide:

Update Nexus to 4.4.3 without uninstalling key programs and no data loss...

Just a note here for others: If you do not have root (i.e. locked bootloader,) you can still do it with the stock recovery and ADB. No data loss, and no uninstalls of anything. Just make sure to change your Nexus driver to "Android Composite ADB Interface" to complete the deed.

That's it and that's all. :cool: