I need help with everything

Search This thread

PhilGizzle

Jul 27, 2014
Hi, I am completely lost on what to do, I have roamed the forums for quite some time, and actually managed to update my phone twice before.
I've just forgotten everything about it, and it's for some reason really hard to find anything that is actually dummy proof explained. If anyone could help me out I would be thankful.

PhilGizzle

Jul 27, 2014
Hi, I am completely lost on what to do, I have roamed the forums for quite some time, and actually managed to update my phone twice before.
I've just forgotten everything about it, and it's for some reason really hard to find anything that is actually dummy proof explained. If anyone could help me out I would be thankful.

Please help me, I am so lost, apparently I am supposed to use Odin and install or flash or whatever the **** a kernel, but I can't. Everwhere I look I find that I need a .tar file. Which doesn't exist in ANY of the things I have downloaded. I am going insane right now, I've had a useless phone for two days now. Please help me.

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Please help me, I am so lost, apparently I am supposed to use Odin and install or flash or whatever the **** a kernel, but I can't. Everwhere I look I find that I need a .tar file. Which doesn't exist in ANY of the things I have downloaded. I am going insane right now, I've had a useless phone for two days now. Please help me.

It would be easier to find the zImage of a kernel and installing it using heimdall(semaphore also contains the tar files). Search up semaphore kernel and download the respective version that is compatible with your android version choice. I know there are 's' versions but download the non 's' version for now. There are tar files there so you can flash with odin. but if you want to use heimdall, one of the zips(or tar files) contain the zImage file and extract it into the folder where you have extracted heimdall(well if you don't have heimdall, google it and download it.) If you don't know how to use heimdall, look at tutorials such as from cyanogenmod or on xda forums.

Hope this helps, gsstudios

Last edited:

PhilGizzle

Jul 27, 2014
It would be easier to find the zImage of a kernel and installing it using heimdall(semaphore also contains the tar files). Search up semaphore kernel and download the respective version that is compatible with your android version choice. I know there are 's' versions but download the non 's' version for now. There are tar files there so you can flash with odin. but if you want to use heimdall, one of the zips(or tar files) contain the zImage file and extract it into the folder where you have extracted heimdall(well if you don't have heimdall, google it and download it.) If you don't know how to use heimdall, look at tutorials such as from cyanogenmod or on xda forums.

Hope this helps, gsstudios

Thanks, this has helped me tons, thanks man.