Google Apps Lightweight for ARMv6

Search This thread

timonaplane

Oct 19, 2012
After unpacking it, all the files only take up about 50 MB. So it should have enough space.
But, the only thing I really care for is Google Play. I tried finding it in the files, but either it's not there or I just can't find it.
Is there a way to only get this or does it not work with the ROM?

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
After unpacking it, all the files only take up about 50 MB. So it should have enough space.
But, the only thing I really care for is Google Play. I tried finding it in the files, but either it's not there or I just can't find it.
Is there a way to only get this or does it not work with the ROM?
Well, you only have 20 MB left, and you mentioned that the gapps is 50 MB, so it won't fit and, as a result, it won't really flash (not entirely at least).

The actual app for Google Play is Phonesky.apk, but I'm not quite sure if it requires other files to run (such as a lib). You can just try to copy Phonesky.apk over to system/app and see how it goes. Don't forget, you'll have to change permissions... RW-R-R. And, you'll probably need a reboot + wipe cache / Dalvik.

Reactions: brownsmell

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
How do I only have 20 MB left, if the phone says I have 149 MB available?
Oh, sorry, my apologies. Mixed up what you had with what you've used - thought you used 149 MB.

Nevertheless, I doubt that your free space is reported correctly. Are you using Link2SD or something like that? I've always noticed that the free space reported through Android is not what you actually have on internal memory when using some kinda app-to-SD script or app.

Not sure how much you actually removed from Rashed's ROM, but on it's own it could take up almost all internal memory, so it's quite challenging to remove that much stuff from the ROM to give you that amount of free space.

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
It is 149mb free reported after installing the jellybean rom.
I deleted the ringtones except one, to make space for the 30gb light gapps from oct 18,
It flashes ok but the gapps incons are not there. I could try to run them from terminal if someone can tell me where they should be.

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
What's important is the amount of free space in the /system partition, specifically. You don't have 149MB of free space in the /system partition.

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
What's important is the amount of free space in the /system partition, specifically. You don't have 149MB of free space in the /system partition.
So /system is not simply a directory, it's a partition? Basic or not, I learned something new.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using xda app-developers app

Rashed97

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 28, 2012
It is 149mb free reported after installing the jellybean rom.
I deleted the ringtones except one, to make space for the 30gb light gapps from oct 18,
It flashes ok but the gapps incons are not there. I could try to run them from terminal if someone can tell me where they should be.

The .zip is 30 MB. The actual thing uncompressed is around 60 MB

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reactions: victortangocharlie

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
Yes, and then there is /data and /sdcard

It would be like referring to your C drive as /c
Now it seems so obvious after paying attention to the wipe / format options in recovery - duh.

Last basic question, as I don't want to stray away from the thread's subject, if someone's willing to answer - so how does one know what the available space is on each of these partitions?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Rashed97

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 28, 2012
Now it seems so obvious after paying attention to the wipe / format options in recovery - duh.

Last basic question, as I don't want to stray away from the thread's subject, if someone's willing to answer - so how does one know what the available space is on each of these partitions?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Depends on the device. The P500: system=190MB, data=190MB

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
If you don't want to mess with terminal commands, an easy way is to use link2sd. Menu -> Storage Info

cekuhnen

Jan 2, 2012
Detroit
I just did a fresh install with "cm-10-20120825-UNOFFICIAL-p509.zip" and "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" and they were there

but when I installed "cm-10-20120909-UNOFFICIAL-p509.zip" no gapps were able to be there after successfully installing them
using both "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" and "gapps-jb-light-20121018-signed.zip"

Claas

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
I just did a fresh install with "cm-10-20120825-UNOFFICIAL-p509.zip" and "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" and they were there

but when I installed "cm-10-20120909-UNOFFICIAL-p509.zip" no gapps were able to be there after successfully installing them
using both "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" and "gapps-jb-light-20121018-signed.zip"
The later ROM build is larger, so system space just isn't there when attempting to flash gapps. Gotta free-up system space before flashing gapps... try searching this thread, and the respective development and discussion threads to learn how to free space. Been answered multiple times.

cekuhnen

Jan 2, 2012
Detroit
The later ROM build is larger, so system space just isn't there when attempting to flash gapps. Gotta free-up system space before flashing gapps... try searching this thread, and the respective development and discussion threads to learn how to free space. Been answered multiple times.

so if I understand this right - I ask because the text is not very clear to me - I install the ROM and then move apps to the SD card to make room and then install the gapps?

Otherwise logically it does not make sense to me.

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
I install the ROM and then move apps to the SD card to make room and then install the gapps?
You could try moving them, but you could also delete unwanted apps, fonts, ringtones (including alarms and notifications)... get a smaller LatinIME.apk and Trebuchet - all explained and posted in the ROM discussion and development threads. You can also use some tools that're available from here and here.

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts