Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Otherwise it could have been a case of me asking the same question in the Android forum and some other jackass going, "Windows Mobile?? why would you use that, any Android rom would be better". Surely you can see my point?

Your point is moot, they're two completely separate operating systems... So to ask for an Android build that's "similar to DeepShining" is completely and utterly ludicrous.

The fact that you can't see that is a little disturbing. Please, quit derailing this thread with talk of Android...

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Why don't you c'mon? I asked here for a specific reason. If you guys are unable to see that, then clearly...no I should shut up before I say something inappropriate. Honestly, I asked here because I was looking for an Android rom that has the same quality as Deepshining as Deepshining really impressed me. I am not asking anybody to troubleshoot my Android device/rom or anything.

I am going to retaliate if someone gives me a really sh1tty answer. Just a plain old look at this or this rom would have been sufficient, but clearly MS fanboys lack tact. I also like Windows Mobile, but someone could have just answered straight. Someone that has used Deepshining and that has already tried one of the 2 (as you have pointed out) Android roms that could recommend one. Why give me lip about it?

I have made it very clear why I came to this forum to ask advice on a choice.

Otherwise it could have been a case of me asking the same question in the Android forum and some other jackass going, "Windows Mobile?? why would you use that, any Android rom would be better". Surely you can see my point?

No one except you is being ridiculous. We're not being fanboys, as you put it. There is nothing that compares to a Windows Mobile ROM. I enjoyed DeepShining as well, but you have to pick an Android ROM for yourself. You're trying to get someone to compare two completely different operating systems. It takes about 30 minutes to set up to flash your first NAND Android ROM on the TP2. After that, you should only spend about five minutes.

Go the the Rhodium Android Dev forum and pick one. Flash it. If you don't like it, flash the other one. If you don't like that, then either go back to WM, or get a new device. It's up to you, but carrying on like a child isn't going to help you.

kellyb@techeg.com

Sep 19, 2009
WM7 with mango/metro interface on HTC pro2

Hi,

1. can HTC pro2 currently running WM 6.5 pro with manila be upgraded to WM7 with tango? HTC pro2 has a 512MB ROM.

2. also, how can i take an exact image of the whole phone + data (sort of ghost image) so it can be restored to exact same state for backup and complaince reasons? what are the tools. please note exact image, not a simple backup.

thank you. Kelly.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Hi,

1. can HTC pro2 currently running WM 6.5 pro with manila be upgraded to WM7 with tango? HTC pro2 has a 512MB ROM.

2. also, how can i take an exact image of the whole phone + data (sort of ghost image) so it can be restored to exact same state for backup and complaince reasons? what are the tools. please note exact image, not a simple backup.

thank you. Kelly.

1. No. It's not possible due to CPU architecture restrictions.

2. Sprite Backup can take a full backup of the ROM. Do not use it to move from one ROM to another, as this will cause problems. It is only good for restoring to the exact same ROM.

hawke213x

Aug 15, 2009
Virginia
I see this one is rather older and hasn't had posts in a while, but the keyboard fixes link is broken and I definitely need to fix mine. My phone believe it is on the European keyboard...where would I find a fix for this? Reflashing did not fix it, just by the way.

flymacs

Dec 5, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
I see this one is rather older and hasn't had posts in a while, but the keyboard fixes link is broken and I definitely need to fix mine. My phone believe it is on the European keyboard...where would I find a fix for this? Reflashing did not fix it, just by the way.

The keyboard fix changes the key mapping from t-Mobile style Touch Pro 2 to AT&T's Tilt 2. Is that what you want to do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.