Stock Kernel.zip

Search This thread

sarfaraz1989

Jan 19, 2011
New Delhi
Can someone please upload a stock kernel zip update file ..I dont want to reflash my phone using kdz just because i tried out some OCed kernels ..Can one of you devs do this if it can be done ...

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
2.2 or 2.2.1?
I don't have the time but I can leave the instructions to someone which has:

1- Grab 2.2 or 2.2.1 boot.img (look in Prime ROM for 2.2.1 and Light ROM for 2.2)
2- Unpack boot.img (use dsixda's kitchen for example)
3- Extract the zImage (the file in the first folder with >2MB, it has another name but I don't recall)
4- Get the Amon_RA recovery port for P500, extract contents to some folder
5- Replace the zImage for the one you extracted in the unpacked boot.img (you have to rename it)
6- Zip it again (with no compression)
7- Sign the zip
8- Post link here

Last edited:
Reactions: naturist

sarfaraz1989

Jan 19, 2011
New Delhi
@noejn i just switched to your VOID rom from earlier MEgatron one..(btw both roms rock) and i installed that touchscreen-bug fixed kernel posted a few days back ..No there's no EDGE internt Access through phone.

.How do i go abt extracting the kernel From LG's source and making .zip update package for custom recovery????

sarfaraz1989

Jan 19, 2011
New Delhi
@noejn i just switched to your VOID rom from earlier MEgatron one..(btw both roms rock and i think both run on 2.2) and i installed that touchscreen-bug fixed kernel posted a few days back ..No there's no EDGE internt Access through phone.

.How do i go abt extracting the kernel From LG's source and making .zip update package for custom recovery????

arczangel

Dec 10, 2010
NYC
@noejn i just switched to your VOID rom from earlier MEgatron one..(btw both roms rock and i think both run on 2.2) and i installed that touchscreen-bug fixed kernel posted a few days back ..No there's no EDGE internt Access through phone.

Check your apn settings ...

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2.2 or 2.2.1?
    I don't have the time but I can leave the instructions to someone which has:

1- Grab 2.2 or 2.2.1 boot.img (look in Prime ROM for 2.2.1 and Light ROM for 2.2)
    2- Unpack boot.img (use dsixda's kitchen for example)
    3- Extract the zImage (the file in the first folder with >2MB, it has another name but I don't recall)
    4- Get the Amon_RA recovery port for P500, extract contents to some folder
    5- Replace the zImage for the one you extracted in the unpacked boot.img (you have to rename it)
    6- Zip it again (with no compression)
    7- Sign the zip
    8- Post link here