Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
HTC EVO 4G LTE codefireX

pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
  • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
  • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
  • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
  • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
  • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
  • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
  • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.
Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:
  • T-Mobile Theme Engine.
  • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
  • Quick Settings panel customizations.
  • Live network stats in your statusbar.
  • Button backlight customizations.
  • Hardware button customizations.
  • Volume button customizations.
  • Many more being added during the nightly builds.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Jewel Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:
  • The Android Open Source Project
  • LLVM CI
  • Linux Foundation
  • Code Aurora Forum
  • CyanogenMod Inc.
  • Chainfire
  • The entire 8960 CM team for making this device relevant still!!
  • Many more!

XDA:DevDB Information
HTC EVO 4G LTE codefireX, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
jrior001, synergye, bigrushdog, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach, ConnorBaker
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP + Win

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-02-01
Last Updated 2014-02-01

Last edited:

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Today's builds should have fixes for most of the app related issues that have been reported thus far. Only exception is the FC that was reported with email app. That should be fixed in tomorrows builds.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

BaumerS4

Oct 18, 2012
[ROM][AOSP][JEWEL][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] HTC EVO 4G LTE codefireX Nightlies, a ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

KK = Kit Kat

headpiece747

Jan 22, 2011
www.eclipticsight.com
Posted this over on CodeFireX forum but thought some people might be interested here too:
Thanks jrior001 for the great rom. I am on the lastest 4FEB build and it fixed a couple of the force close on programs. The only other app that is still force closing is Swype. I was wondering if you could put what updates you add to your changelog because I didn't update because I have a slow internet connection (100kbps down) so I only did update when I saw your post on XDA about the force closes and bugs being squashed. So far what is working is bluetooth, wifi, hardware button for camera and just the camera and pretty much everything else (can't try data because of no service). It is a blazing fast rom and enjoying it so far. Thanks for all the hard work. If anyone is looking for developer options like I was it is in the "dev tools" in the app drawer or you can go to settings/about phone and click on the "build number" a few times and it will show up under settings like old android builds. With the included gapps it only install about 21 apps so it is a slim rom and you can add whatever you like because I like to pick what is on my phone.

Gnexd

Sep 26, 2013
nightly

what is the recommended procedure for updating 4.4 nighties? can i just wipe caches and flash without losing apps?

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
what is the recommended procedure for updating 4.4 nighties? can i just wipe caches and flash without losing apps?

Pretty much...probably should flash the newest superSu while your at it.

You can always flash clean if you want or run into issues but I dirty flash 2-3 times a day at least

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Sad day in the CFX world. CFX as we know it now is dead. Our 2 main leaders have parted ways with a difference of opinion in the future direction of the project. Thanks to all who have participated in this.

Mods its time to close up shop here.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ultimatelegend1

Kilokk

Jan 15, 2011
San Antonio, Republic of Texas
Sad day in the CFX world. CFX as we know it now is dead. Our 2 main leaders have parted ways with a difference of opinion in the future direction of the project. Thanks to all who have participated in this.

Thanks for supporting this for us while it was active jrior001. :cool:

Reactions: ADM818

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC EVO 4G LTE codefireX

pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.
    Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:
    • T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    • Quick Settings panel customizations.
    • Live network stats in your statusbar.
    • Button backlight customizations.
    • Hardware button customizations.
    • Volume button customizations.
    • Many more being added during the nightly builds.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Jewel Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:
    • The Android Open Source Project
    • LLVM CI
    • Linux Foundation
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • CyanogenMod Inc.
    • Chainfire
    • The entire 8960 CM team for making this device relevant still!!
    • Many more!

XDA:DevDB Information
    HTC EVO 4G LTE codefireX, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
    jrior001, synergye, bigrushdog, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach, ConnorBaker
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP + Win

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-02-01
    Last Updated 2014-02-01
    Today's builds should have fixes for most of the app related issues that have been reported thus far. Only exception is the FC that was reported with email app. That should be fixed in tomorrows builds.

Nice been waiting for this one, great work j!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    nice rom. does this have permissions like 4.3 codefire

Not yet but its in the list, squashing bugs first.