Hardbricked

Search This thread

Wildfire64

Nov 7, 2010
Hi all,
I have a big problem :(
I think that my HTC Wildfire got hardbricked, My friend was trying to install custom rom but it went wrong :(
My wildfire doesnt turn on and my battery is working I tried my battery with a other wildfire so its not the battery..
Is there a way to unbrick my wildfire ??

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Hi all,
I have a big problem :(
I think that my HTC Wildfire got hardbricked, My friend was trying to install custom rom but it went wrong :(
My wildfire doesnt turn on and my battery is working I tried my battery with a other wildfire so its not the battery..
Is there a way to unbrick my wildfire ??

OK let's figure this out. Gonna need specific information from you.

Is the phone s-on or s-off? If s-off how was this done?

What procedure was used to flash the ROM?

What state is the phone in now? Won't turn on at all, or sits on the HTC screen, or only vibrates?

And has your friend done this before?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Wildfire64

Nov 7, 2010
OK let's figure this out. Gonna need specific information from you.

Is the phone s-on or s-off? If s-off how was this done?

What procedure was used to flash the ROM?

What state is the phone in now? Won't turn on at all, or sits on the HTC screen, or only vibrates?

And has your friend done this before?

I think the phone was s-on

the phone doesnt turn on , no vibrate , no led by charging just nothing.. :(

my friend has flashed many roms but this time it went wrong and he tryed to fix it but i think he hardbricked it now.. :(

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I think the phone was s-on

the phone doesnt turn on , no vibrate , no led by charging just nothing.. :(

my friend has flashed many roms but this time it went wrong and he tryed to fix it but i think he hardbricked it now.. :(
Hmmmm. If it was s-on then HTC safeguards would have prevented a hard brick. Is it possible the hardware has been damaged?

Stone. Cold

Jul 24, 2013
Birmingham
My advice is to flash an RUU and revert back to stock.

This is only because it's hard bricked, plus it happened to me before. I thought to give it a go, and it worked.
After that I just re root my phone, and install CWM recovery, and then flash a new ROM. It's simple

Just follow my leads and it'll work.

P.S Your hardware hasn't damaged at all. Why do users say these things?

1. Download an RUU from the buzz forums
2. Install and revert back to stock with RUU
3. After the process is done, enable adb in settings [Applications]
4. re root your device, and install CWM
5. Flash any custom ROM and follow the instructions 'fully'.

I had to rush this, I hope you understand what i'm saying.

Users if you think i'm wrong then correct me as you wish.
But this all managed to work for me, when my device was hard bricked xD

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
My advice is to flash an RUU and revert back to stock.

This is only because it's hard bricked, plus it happened to me before. I thought to give it a go, and it worked.
After that I just re root my phone, and install CWM recovery, and then flash a new ROM. It's simple

Just follow my leads and it'll work.

P.S Your hardware hasn't damaged at all. Why do users say these things?

1. Download an RUU from the buzz forums
2. Install and revert back to stock with RUU
3. After the process is done, enable adb in settings [Applications]
4. re root your device, and install CWM
5. Flash any custom ROM and follow the instructions 'fully'.

I had to rush this, I hope you understand what i'm saying.

Users if you think i'm wrong then correct me as you wish.
But this all managed to work for me, when my device was hard bricked xD

Hey @Stone Cold, the confusion people are having here is between hard bricked and soft bricked. A "hard brick" can only occur in 2 situations which are

1: the bootloader is corrupted/damaged/deleted and the device cannot boot. This can Only be fixed by using a JTAG. A ruu will not work as the ruu is flashed by the hboot(bootloader) and if it won't function then its dead.

2: that hardware has been damaged so much that the device cannot physically boot.
Depending on the damage this can sometimes be fixed.

All other forms of "bricking" are "soft bricks" or software bricks. These include bootlooping, trapped at the splash screen etc. These can be fixed as the bootloader and or custom recovery still function. If either of these still function you are not hard bricked. If a ruu worked then you were soft bricked.

Now this user states that his device was s-on so bootloader corruption is massively unlikely as nand protection is still active. This coupled with the owner stating that the device will not boot and shows no signs of life a hardware failure is the most likely option.

Stone. Cold

Jul 24, 2013
Birmingham
Hey @Stone Cold, the confusion people are having here is between hard bricked and soft bricked. A "hard brick" can only occur in 2 situations which are

1: the bootloader is corrupted/damaged/deleted and the device cannot boot. This can Only be fixed by using a JTAG. A ruu will not work as the ruu is flashed by the hboot(bootloader) and if it won't function then its dead.

2: that hardware has been damaged so much that the device cannot physically boot.

All other forms of "bricking" are "soft bricks" or software bricks. These include bootlooping, trapped at the splash screen etc. These can be fixed as the bootloader and or custom recovery still function. If either of these still function you are not hard bricked. If a ruu worked then you were soft bricked.

Now this user states that his device was s-on so bootloader corruption is massively unlikely as nand protection is still active. This coupled with the owner stating that the device will not boot and shows no signs of life a hardware failure is the most likely option.

Oh, so I was wrong. :(
Thought it was that way though, anyway thanks. This makes more sense now :)
Cheers

Reactions: heavy_metal_man

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Cheers

That's no problem pal :) it's good to keep these terms clear, so many people have misinterpreted them in the past. That being said thank you for reminding me of the black screen hboot issue. It's been ages since I've heard of that happening. Its good to keep notes :p

But back on topic, OP do you or your friend have a working fastboot path? If so try to boot into hboot with volume down and power, wait 30 seconds then push power. Then on the PC issue the command

Fastboot devices

If nothing happens its toast :/

Reactions: Stone. Cold

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers
    Cheers

That's no problem pal :) it's good to keep these terms clear, so many people have misinterpreted them in the past. That being said thank you for reminding me of the black screen hboot issue. It's been ages since I've heard of that happening. Its good to keep notes :p

But back on topic, OP do you or your friend have a working fastboot path? If so try to boot into hboot with volume down and power, wait 30 seconds then push power. Then on the PC issue the command

Fastboot devices

If nothing happens its toast :/