Message fail to send. Kk

Search This thread

pcwizkid1994

Nov 16, 2012
Milton
Every KK rom I flash will not let me send sms. I have tryed changing the sms size and I am on the beta twp recovery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Which hboot and radio are you on? Also, try the official 2.7.x.x it works for me on latest radio and eng hboot (use the latest shipped hboot of you don't plan on using eng commands)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: pcwizkid1994

pcwizkid1994

Nov 16, 2012
Milton
Which hboot and radio are you on? Also, try the official 2.7.x.x it works for me on latest radio and eng hboot (use the latest shipped hboot of you don't plan on using eng commands)

I am useing radio . 1.01.01.11122

KohanTech

Nov 18, 2012
I am on a higher radio version then that

I thought it was. I don't know... I have a newborn and unable to confront this problem the way I'd like. My current radio is from here. I was trying nusenseSIX from santod. His stuff is always solid :good:

Anyway I've tried flashing all radios. It seems the only way I got sms working again is to break my 4g. I used *228 option 1 and messed up my SIM. I got sms back but *228 botches sims. Got a replacement from Verizon and sms was broken again.

Edit: let me tell u how desperate I got. I decided to ruu about a month ago when my wife's iPhone 5 went belly up and I gave her my DNA and took my old fascinate out the drawer until I fixed her phone...

So I RUU'd 3.06... fixed her phone... Took my phone back and s-off'd with rumrunner. It worked great except I could not send sms. This was with carbon KK. Found out I could only send sms with stock oem based roms.

So I got desperate and RUU'd 1.15 updated via ota to 2.04 and moonshined to s-off. Still have the same problem... any takers?

Last edited:

pcwizkid1994

Nov 16, 2012
Milton

Attachments

• 1397738422313.jpg
    1397738422313.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 72

matthall9815

Apr 16, 2009
Salisbury, MD :( :(
OK, I've tried the 2.06 and 3.06 radios hboot 1.54, and both 2.6 and 2.7 twrp. I just got back from VZW with a new sim card that didn't fix it either. Not sure where to go from here. I still get the same error 65523 or what ever it was after the first message goes out all others fail. I've got another phone complete minus the screen maybe I'll switch the board later. Anyone else got any ideas? Also is it correct that 1.01.01.1112 radio shipped after 1.01.04.0308?
Thanks

iamjonmiller

Mar 10, 2014
Camarillo, CA
You are not alone

OK, I've tried the 2.06 and 3.06 radios hboot 1.54, and both 2.6 and 2.7 twrp. I just got back from VZW with a new sim card that didn't fix it either. Not sure where to go from here. I still get the same error 65523 or what ever it was after the first message goes out all others fail. I've got another phone complete minus the screen maybe I'll switch the board later. Anyone else got any ideas? Also is it correct that 1.01.01.1112 radio shipped after 1.01.04.0308?
Thanks

Just to let you know this has been a problem across many ROMs and devices on Verizon for weeks now. Nobody knows what exactly is causing it as it seems to pick users, devices and OS versions at random.

I personally have a scary hunch that Verizon is testing a blocking method for rooted users that flash newer OS versions than are available naturally. Kinda like an OS check that runs every SMS and results in a ban that requires a radio toggle to fix.

I am probably totally crazy with that theory, but it seems a bit sane. After all, this isn't a bug that plagues all users of custom ROMs or all users of any specific ROM or device, and none of the people that this is happening to are idiots who have made changes to their device. It just stops working one day. Kinda like Verizon flipped a switch on a new program and picked some guinea pigs.

One other thing; It seems that a lot of these problems are originating in East Coast states, specifically VA, MD and PA, with only a few recent occurrences in CA and several in my very own 540 area code. Where are you located?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just curious how many of you folks having these issues, use apps like Titanium to restore your messages?
    If you are, have you tried sending any prior to doing any restoring.
    In other words, flash stock Rom and recovery and do a factory reset.
    Flash a known working custom Rom, do not restore anything....and send and receive texts.
    Have any of you tried that? Are you restoring?
    Some apps set themselves as the default message app now after using them to restore messages, such as Titanium Backup.
    So then when you go to send it tries to use Titanium to send and of course fails.
    Just something I thought maybe some of you are unaware of.
    Maybe it helps, maybe not...I wish you luck.
    Glad I haven't experienced this at all.
    For the record, I never restore messages, ever.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Flash the most recent radio for kk roms to have sms work

Question, would editing the build prop to be like the stock Rom bypass this rumored custom Rom check?

Edit: I am in AZ where this issue hasn't risen yet, just providing insightful feedback