[Q] Viper venom apps still appear after installing new rom

Search This thread

caboose2253

Jul 8, 2014
Hello, This is my first post on here so i apologize if I make a mistake. I am also new to custom roms and rooting but im pretty good with electronics. I just s-offed and installed android revolution hd on my one m8, and I wanted to try several roms out to see which I liked best. I used TWRP recovery to factory reset the phone then installed viper venom rom. I didnt really care for venom so i factory reset the phone again and reinstalled android revolution and seen that apps like venom tweaks and venom superuser ect were still showing up in app list but all of them were broken, they would stop responding as soon as i try to open them, I also cannot uninstall them and they will not show up in installed app list. How can i go about getting rid of these??? Thanks for any help

wtfsykhang

May 13, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Hello, This is my first post on here so i apologize if I make a mistake. I am also new to custom roms and rooting but im pretty good with electronics. I just s-offed and installed android revolution hd on my one m8, and I wanted to try several roms out to see which I liked best. I used TWRP recovery to factory reset the phone then installed viper venom rom. I didnt really care for venom so i factory reset the phone again and reinstalled android revolution and seen that apps like venom tweaks and venom superuser ect were still showing up in app list but all of them were broken, they would stop responding as soon as i try to open them, I also cannot uninstall them and they will not show up in installed app list. How can i go about getting rid of these??? Thanks for any help

Try wiping your phone again and install arhd. If the venom apps are still there use a program like root browser to delete them by going into system/app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York

You need to WIPE /data/storage etc (not internal unless you wanna lose everything) then Factory reset before flashing a custom ROM otherwise it's not a clean install and therefore will have files left over from previous ROMs.