Need help Upgrading my Note 2 from Clean Rom - Can't Get Camera Working!

Search This thread

hcavlnch

Dec 3, 2010
Detroit, MI
Hey guys, so here's the whole long story. I've been using Clean Rom pretty much since I got my ATT Note 2. It worked great, but with my job, I need to wake up for text messages and phone calls in the middle of the night (preferably without waking up my wife). So I bought a Gear 2 Neo, then realized I need Android 4.3 or later. So I figured it's time to upgrade my phone.

Here's the problem, almost every Rom I try to put on it I have issues with. The most common issue is that the camera doesn't work on almost every touchwiz rom.

I tried Ditto Note 3 V5 - I love this rom, and would prefer to get it working, but for some reason the camera doesn't work and mobile data doesn't work - Any Ideas on how to get those working?

I tried installing this Rom http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/development/rom-att-i317-ucucne5-mj4-stock-odex-t2802189
and mobile data and everything else seems to work fine, except the camera. I posted it in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/help/camera-flashing-4-4-2-t2851875
, but the only suggestion I got didn't work (flashing I317_ODIN_UCUCNE5_BL_TZ)

I've also tried DS NE5 - ButtNaked - but it's the same - the Camera doesn't work.

Cyanogen Mod 11 seems to work great, even the camera works, but it isn't touchwiz and won't work with the Galaxy Gear and I really love having S-Voice.

hcavlnch

Dec 3, 2010
Detroit, MI
One other thing, I've noticed some mention the /Data/CFW Folder - that folder is empty, is that my problem? What does CFW stand for - Camera Firmware? - Is there a way I can flash the files for the camera firmware or does anyone have working files for their camera firmware that I can use?

terpin32

Jul 30, 2012
One other thing, I've noticed some mention the /Data/CFW Folder - that folder is empty, is that my problem? What does CFW stand for - Camera Firmware? - Is there a way I can flash the files for the camera firmware or does anyone have working files for their camera firmware that I can use?

The cam works for me on buttnaked and dn3 but i did the ota to 4.4.2 so im on the ne5 bootloader but idk y your having trouble with it try to look and see what bootloader your on