Do you use a screen protector for your note?

Search This thread

Mike Philippens

Jan 15, 2006
Gorinchem
www.fbi.gov
I never used a screenprotector on my HTC Desire for two years, but decided on buying one for my Note. I'm glad I did. Let the pictures tell the story (mine is on the left ;) ):

IMG-20120513-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20120513-WA0002.jpg

(the case is a CaseMate Tough)

It's a Steinheil Ultra Fine. As you can see in the pictures, it helps reduce reflections a lot. I find it very anoying that you can use the device like a shaving/makeup mirror. It's distracting.

Also, the Steinheil Ultra Fine is not affected by fingerprints at all. If you have very greasy fingers (let's say you wiped your sweaty forehead) you see it a bit, but that is easily wiped away with you finger. No problem at all.

I'm not paid by Steinheil, I'm just very satisfied with the screenprotector. In a way the Note is better with the screeny, because you slide more easily over the screen. Without it, you sometimes have a bit too much grip with your finger.

If you like the ultra-bright colour, don't use this protector, because it makes the screen a bit more matte. I don't mind, functionality and ease of use are key for me.

Last edited:

TopOfNewYork

Dec 20, 2009
New York
I had an hd2 i beat up
never used a screen protector no sctratches

same w note its gorilla glass its difficult 2 scratch
ur screen protector is ez 2 scratch
seeing a scratch our screen protector doesnt mean it stopped anything from scratching ur phone...its not diamond proof but u can grind ur keys into ur screen and it shouldnt scratch easily most may disagree me but the screen protector is redundant 2 me and a waste of money and fun bc of ita negative effect on the touch screen expirience. I dunno maybe the finger grease issue makes it a good idea...

I dont even use a case i go naked and theres nothing BUT concrete around me lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: NZDEV and tbong777

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
I never use them..screen still perfect..I either use my seido case with holster or yoobao slim.

Sent from my GT-N7000

eug3n91

Jul 10, 2011
Craiova
NOPE!

Hate screen protectors, hate the feeling, the distortion (except from the really expensive ones), hate everything about them.

Had my Note 8 months now in a slim back case, NO scratches, AT ALL, I did NOT expect that, especially since my Ace and S2 got scratched quite bad having been kept in previous similar conditions :D

All I did was try not to be a moron and slip it in my pocket with sandpaper or keys or stuff like that...

It also took one drop screen-down on the train, from the seat to the floor and it hasn't got a single thing on it. The fact that my screen is disgustingly greasy most of the time might've helped as well....:p

meomeo986

Aug 10, 2010
Better be save than sorry. Like most of you, I hate screen protector till my iPad2 screen got scratch, even when i protect it with smart cover. I believe it was becos of dust...

Bought 2x sgp ultra. Tried in vain to fit them on the phone but found it impossible to do so without getting dust trapped.

So I threw them both away, and looking back, I'm glad I did.

I just keep it in one pocket and don't put anything else in there with it.

That's what I got for my Note. Took me just 5 min (after create some kind of "fog" in the bathroom to get rid of dust in the air). Measure it first on the phone so you know how it should be on, pay attentions especially to it conners and around home button - speaker etc... and remember those positions. Then, tear the nylon on the backside of the protector just 1/3 way down, and align it exactly how you want it tobe on either top or bottom of the phone. When satisfied, just tear it off and apply the rest.

Now you should see some dust underneath, just dont panic. Use the stickers they provided, one on the protector near where the dust are, leave abit out so you can lift that part of the protector up, then use another sticker and stick it on the dust (either on the screen or the protector itself) to remove it, and lie it down again, see if it gone. You can then use a creditcard or similar to push bubble out of the way. Remember that bubble which got dust inside can not be push out, but using the method I mentioned about to remove it.

My screen now look perfect, seriously I put it next to my friend phone which doesnt protected, and there's no diff at all! If you want, I can post pics, but it gonna be weird as you guys gonna say there's no protector on it at all.

So, I know some of you hate it because of those annoying bubbles or ugly matte protectors, but just buy a good quality clear protector, and with a lillte patience you can protect your beloved phone, so why not?

tbong777

I have a screen protector currently, but I'm thinking of taking it off.

What do you guys think? Are you folks using a screen protector?

I don't use them and here's proof.....LOL I hate them and yeah Gorilla glass can scratch. But the tools in my garage aren't spotless either. Nasty Smudge scratches and a small scratch. I am sure there will be a few more before I am done with this Note.

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

voyager_s

Jan 3, 2011
Huawei P30
Xiaomi Poco F3
I used one on my nexus s for about 4 months I think. Anyway I took it off after those months and never went back.

Obviously you have to be careful at all times with any handset to keep it in good condition. Anyway I have never used a screen protector on any of my devices since over a year ago and so far so good. The screen is just better without one. Clearer and brighter with more pop in the colours. There's no comparison really and I saw that after using one on my nexus for a few months. If you first put it in you won't always notice at first, but after months or weeks of usage you will see the difference when you take it off.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

slee88

Oct 26, 2010
not using at all on my note... had it on previous phones though... i find gorilla glass itself is good enough for me

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

lexid01

Jan 7, 2012
south china
i never use the screen protection, but now i have some tiny scratches after using it for 8 month + any idea how i can get rid of those tiny scratches? polish?

KapWorldDevp2

May 13, 2012
Meerut
I use Screen protector for my Note if I pick out the protector then screen will get full of accidental scratches and finger prints on it and then screen will look so dirty.

So you are saying you never have dust or sand particles in your pockets as those bastards are the ones scratching the screens. Keys or coins won't do it as they're softer than your phone's screen.

Pocket lint does not seem to cause a problem. The pockets I put my phone into are either in cargo pants/shorts, with a velcroed or buttoned flap over the top, and pretty much reserved exclusively for the phone, or a zippered Gore-Tex jacket pocket.

As for "sand", WTF would I put that in my pockets? I don't live in a desert or work on the beach or a building site. I have been to a beach with the phone, but sand did not leap up and attack the phone or enter my pockets by magic.

20120422_095914_1349_LR.jpg

20120422_134439_1547_LR.jpg

20120424_153259_1651_LR.jpg

20120427_114154_1817_LR.jpg

20120424_152441_1632_LR.jpg

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
Had my baby for six months now and without any protection or scratches. Have dropped her several times on the floor screen down but not a single scratch! Awesome glass in the Note.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

spacetaxi

Nov 9, 2010
i never use the screen protection, but now i have some tiny scratches after using it for 8 month + any idea how i can get rid of those tiny scratches? polish?

I don't think that any scratches on the screen can be polished "away". About a year ago there were some tiny scratches on the screen of my Galaxy S. By putting on a screen protector they became completely invisible.

how you got so many icons on the screen?

I'm running ICS LPY ROM, rooted with the temp CWM method and with DPI set to 240 using ROM Toolbox Lite. That shrinks the icons, making room to add many more if required.

I have Apex Launcher, which allows the number of rows and columns of icons to be adjusted in order to make best use of the new, unleashed real estate.

This really lets the Note shine, and allows it to show its true potential. Here's how my the home screen of my previous phone (also running at 240 DPI) looks. Hardly room to swing a cat on that screen. :)...

Last edited:

lexid01

Jan 7, 2012
south china
thanks for the info, i even cant feel it with my finger but with the pen i can feel it just a bit... cheers lexid01 i will try it with some mobile-screen-polish soon and let you guys know...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I sure use one.
    Recently I had a clean slice on my screen and I was worried that the cut might be deep enough to have gone through the screen protector and scratched my screen. So I took the protector off and thankfully the screen protector was enough to stop the scratch.
    So it has it uses.

Putting a screen protector is a nightmare though because of dust particles, so whenever I want to put a screen protector on I view the screen under light at an angle to see if there is any dust particles on the screen. That way I can see even the "smallest" dust particle. So whenever I place a screen protector I take about 30 to 40 mins to put one on my Note. Also it's not like I change screen protector like a baby's dippers. The current one will be on there pretty much forever unless something like a scratch happens that will force me replace it. Otherwise it's pretty much a one time thing.

My screen protectors are very good quality ones.
    Zag is the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
    I had an hd2 i beat up
    never used a screen protector no sctratches

same w note its gorilla glass its difficult 2 scratch
    ur screen protector is ez 2 scratch
    seeing a scratch our screen protector doesnt mean it stopped anything from scratching ur phone...its not diamond proof but u can grind ur keys into ur screen and it shouldnt scratch easily most may disagree me but the screen protector is redundant 2 me and a waste of money and fun bc of ita negative effect on the touch screen expirience. I dunno maybe the finger grease issue makes it a good idea...

I dont even use a case i go naked and theres nothing BUT concrete around me lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
    I never used one on my DHD and I don't use one on my Note either.