Rom Manager Now Supports HD2

Search This thread

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
is anyone having a problem updating their recovery to 3.1.0.0?? Mine gives me constant errors when trying to upgrade, and its messed up my original recovery...

Tried uninstalling and re-installing, but nothing...
Well I finally got CWM 3.0.1.9 to flash using tje fastboot commands at like 2:30 this morning and was abale to load the Hypordroid-CM7-v2.0.1-GregariousGrehound (cLK version) to my HD2. I really like the Hyperdroid ROMs as I have run the GBX and the CM7 ROMs with MAGLDR and never really had a problem with either one, I just wanted my HD2 to be more like a native Android device and the benifits of ROM Manager. I also don't really like having to see MAGLDR boot up everytime I boot my HD2 up also I wanted to be able to charge my HD2 when it is off. :D

Anyway back on the thread topic. I too get nothing but an error message when trying to flash CWM via ROM Manager, wich sucks cause I can not use ROM Manager until it lets me flash CWM via ROM Manager. I only did a restore of my data and cache from my Nandroid backup too, I am hoping that is not my problem being that backup was made from a MAGLDR ROM versiom. I have not tried the above suggestion of using the "All Clockwork Mod Recoveries" option in ROM Manager yet but I will.

Also for some stange reason my WiFi tethering does not work now but it worked fine in the MAGLDR version of the Hyperdroid-CM7-v2.0.1-GregariousGreyhound ROM. My laptop sees the network and connects but I do not have internet access, wierd.

One last thing, I noticed this thread has been made a stickie. Thanks mods for noticing my suggestion in post #28 on page three of thos thread.

Edit: Ok I tried the suggestion about using the "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" option but it would not flash any of those either. So I did a full wipe of data, cache, and delvike cache then did a reinstall of the "Hypordroid-CM7-v2.0.1-GregariousGrehound" ROM and did not do a restore with my Nandroid backup. I then rerinstalled ROM Manager from the Android Market and tried to flash CWM via ROM Manager but still no joy still the error message. So I tried the"All ClockworkMod Recoveries" option and TAH DAH it let me flash CWM 3.0.2.5. So now I can enjoy all of ROM Managers goodness. :)

Also the reflashing of the ROM and not doing a restore from my Nandroid backup fixed my WiFi tethering too. So my advice if you want ROM Manager to work and not have other issues with your newly flashed ROM do not use a Nandroid backup that was made using a MAGLDR ROM when changing to cLK and a cLK ROM.

Last edited:

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
I have just tried backup from RM in Typhoons ROM and is working perfect.
The problem to your ROM is probably that you haven't linked recovery to cache.
You need to have linked cache to data and revovery to cache in order for this to work.

check this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1037072

Just tried added the script and it still only reboots into recovery (3.0.2.8). And yes I did a fresh install of my rom. I have no clue at this point.

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
I would suggest start reading from post 576
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=901305&page=58
you will find almost all the information you need there

Thanks everyone for your inputs on this, unfortunatlly it was a different problem that i seen in my initrd. I believe that my cache was not mounting correctlly and caused RM to boot to recovery and no backup. After fixing the mounts I was able to make a backup and flash another rom with ease. Now Frankinstine DROID S v1.4 CLK will support Rom Manager. Thanks Again.

zach.antre

Mar 29, 2010
Athens
Thanks everyone for your inputs on this, unfortunatlly it was a different problem that i seen in my initrd. I believe that my cache was not mounting correctlly and caused RM to boot to recovery and no backup. After fixing the mounts I was able to make a backup and flash another rom with ease. Now Frankinstine DROID S v1.4 CLK will support Rom Manager. Thanks Again.

I am glad you found the solution.
Always nice to see one more cLK build.

Note that you can have 1 build for both MAGLDR and cLK
In order to do that you will need to use:
  • The PPP files and the libhtc_ril_wrapper by cedesmith (where you don't need to edit initrd) - All files are included in Tytung CWM zip for cLK
  • change in MAGLDR CWM the line "boot yboot|ro 5M" to "boot rboot|ro 5M" (this way MAGLDR can use boot.img as well)

The MAGLDR users will just need to reflash CWM, flash your new S 1.4 and recover data...

BTW if you do this, you will be the 1st one, no other ROM Dev made this yet and because of that the only problem is that if someone wants to try another build he will have to reflash CWM with "yboot" partition.

Here you will find the newest compilied cLK v1.4 if you are not going to compile your own.

Reactions: T-Macgnolia

EyeTech

May 6, 2010
Manchester

How did you fix the mounts as I still have the same problem. Thanks.

Sent using my Galaxy Tab (Euro) from XDA Premium app.

tbor1277

Aug 27, 2010
Paranaque
This is how ROM Manager works, it is an automated and more user friendly way to do things in CWM. Actually a GUI for ROM Manager.
Give the command --> Auto-Reboot to CWM Recovery --> Automatic doing whatever chose in RM --> Auto-Reboot to Android.

For some people it may seems stupid but thats how it works.
The advantage of RM is that you are doing whatever you are able to do in CWM, within Android, and much more.

One more advantage is that if you have broken volume buttons (it happend to a friend) you can easily change ROM with RM... Amazing right?

I Hope I have answered your questioning!

BROKEN VOLUME BUTTON=WIN w/ RM!

Anyways, i have a question about premium. I only see Hyperdroid and this chan rom thing. Are premium people seeing any other rom available for download?

zach.antre

Mar 29, 2010
Athens
BROKEN VOLUME BUTTON=WIN w/ RM!

Anyways, i have a question about premium. I only see Hyperdroid and this chan rom thing. Are premium people seeing any other rom available for download?
No, premium users see the same ROMs, but they can also see the nightly builds.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Cold-Tea

well.. it's nice to have Rom Manager that supports HTC HD2 but there a lot of problems (for me)..

first of all - i NEVER got to enter CWR from that option "Reboot into recovery".. it always just passes through like a normal power-on and loads Android..

second.. i could NEVER backup a rom.. every time i try it asks for a name of the backup file and the screen goes black.. but for only 4-5 seconds and then reboot! :(

what's up with that..

i'm using boyppc versions of android..

ps: while i was typing this post, i tried to reboot into recovery once again.. u can imagine my surprise when i saw after the reboot that there WAS NO ROM MANAGER ICON IN THE MENU, but it's in installed aplications..

zach.antre

Mar 29, 2010
Athens
well.. it's nice to have Rom Manager that supports HTC HD2 but there a lot of problems (for me)..

first of all - i NEVER got to enter CWR from that option "Reboot into recovery".. it always just passes through like a normal power-on and loads Android..

second.. i could NEVER backup a rom.. every time i try it asks for a name of the backup file and the screen goes black.. but for only 4-5 seconds and then reboot! :(

what's up with that..

i'm using boyppc versions of android..

ps: while i was typing this post, i tried to reboot into recovery once again.. u can imagine my surprise when i saw after the reboot that there WAS NO ROM MANAGER ICON IN THE MENU, but it's in installed aplications..

As you may not know, ROM Manager is only supported by cLK for the time being.
As far as I know, BOYPPC builds are only MAGLDR. So... In order to use ROM Manager you must have cLK bootloader instead of MAGLDR.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Update on downloadable ROMs via ROM Manager.

I opened ROM Manager today to update my Superuser and when I opened the Download ROM option guess what I saw is now available to download via ROM manager Wait are you ready?????

TyphooN CyanogenMod 3.2.7 and 3.2.6 or now available

Thought everyone else might like to know this information. ;)

DJ-Mills

Apr 19, 2010
I opened ROM Manager today to update my Superuser and when I opened the Download ROM option guess what I saw is now available to download via ROM manager Wait are you ready?????

TyphooN CyanogenMod 3.2.7 and 3.2.6 or now available

Thought everyone else might like to know this information. ;)

hmm interesting if i download and install this rom via rom manager after device reboots and installs rom the device wont boot into the rom it just hangs at the android logo.

However if i install the zip manually from CWM at boot it works fine....

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
hmm interesting if i download and install this rom via rom manager after device reboots and installs rom the device wont boot into the rom it just hangs at the android logo.

However if i install the zip manually from CWM at boot it works fine....

I had the ezact same problem the other day with my wife's Motorola CiQ when I tried to instal a ROM via ROM Manager. I did not want to boot when I installed it with ROM Manager, but like you said when I did it manually by going to CWM and installed the ROM it was fine.

manu69x

Apr 28, 2010
TyphooN CyanogenMod 3.3.0

Just updated to TyphooN CyanogenMod 3.3.0
and all work like a charm

slimsmedley

Apr 4, 2010
Same problem with galaxy s and v9 of Darkys rom, works through cwm but not through rom manager

Sorry - replying to t-macgnolia's post above

Last edited:

KhanSW

Apr 28, 2011
Valdosta
Is it just me or is there no premium Roms showing up or is it just there are none available? I've noticed on other devices, such as the droid x there are premium roms available.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe you have to use cLK with ROM Manager cause in the information on the ROM Manager when you find it in the Android market says for this.

ROM Manager currently only works with cLK bootloader.
    I have clk running on my rom but when whenI go to do a backup from app it only reboots into recovery. I have no clue what i have to change to get that working. If I knew where rom manager gets the info from,I could change to get it working correctly. So for I changed some things in the build.prop but thats all I tried.

This is how ROM Manager works, it is an automated and more user friendly way to do things in CWM. Actually a GUI for ROM Manager.
    Give the command --> Auto-Reboot to CWM Recovery --> Automatic doing whatever chose in RM --> Auto-Reboot to Android.

For some people it may seems stupid but thats how it works.
    The advantage of RM is that you are doing whatever you are able to do in CWM, within Android, and much more.

One more advantage is that if you have broken volume buttons (it happend to a friend) you can easily change ROM with RM... Amazing right?

I Hope I have answered your questioning!
    Rom manager now has a clockwork mod recovery for the HD2.. is it safe to flash roms now with magldr installed?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App
    hi,
    Do you know when it will start working with magldr?
    I updated it and bought the premium version, because I was trying to update the boot loader.
    I clicked on flash clockworkmod recovery and it updated to 3.0.2.5.
    But when I tried to load a d recovery,I just got an error :(
    So I presume it has installed clk?
    Don't know how I'm going to get my ad recovery back.i guess I'll have to read up on that.
    I did check online for some instructions on ROM manager, but no joy.

Flashed from my fingers to your face

I don't know about it flashing cLK to your HD2 bit if you want to flash cLK PM me and I can help you with it. Cause cLK is not as easycas MAGLDR.
    Would this work with Tytung ICS 2.8 + MAGLDR?
    Thnx

No, the ROM Manager will recognize it as Nexus One. But you can edit the build.prop file.
    And MAGLDR doesn't support ROM Manager.