[ROM] Archos ICS - Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3) - ROOT & BUSYBOX , Only for SDE

Search This thread

psiman24

Mar 13, 2012
Kent
Thanks for the ROM, I always use your ROMs as they are reliable but with this one I am getting a problem with the 3G Dongle not connecting and have to reboot every time I want to use it >< .

Is it just me or are others having this problem too?

Thanks.

Psi.

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Thanks for the ROM, I always use your ROMs as they are reliable but with this one I am getting a problem with the 3G Dongle not connecting and have to reboot every time I want to use it >< .

Is it just me or are others having this problem too?

Thanks.

Psi.

do u have this problem with the official firmware?

Denkel

Feb 16, 2012
Installed & working perfectly... using it as daily rom, not even one freeze!!

Thank You!!

sleepingman

Mar 12, 2012
surdo_petru,

is normal to keep getting firmware updates notifications from archos after installing your 4.0.5?

im getting those(besides that everything is working and normal :D )

cumps

psiman24

Mar 13, 2012
Kent
surdo_petru,

is normal to keep getting firmware updates notifications from archos after installing your 4.0.5?

im getting those(besides that everything is working and normal :D )

cumps

You shouldn't as its the latest firmware already.
Are you running SDE or stock as this only updates SDE and you need to boot to SDE not stock to access it. Best way to check would be to check if Super User is installed and check if its rooted (stock won't be but SDE will).

Psi.

sleepingman

Mar 12, 2012
psi,thanks for your reply.

yes im using sde version and i have root,everything is normal and working except that notification

theguy

Dec 11, 2006
I've just recieved my 3g stick and I'm having no issues with this rom and enabling 3g.

jcvr

Aug 20, 2008
Hello surdu. Great job. Many thanks. Are you going to release deodex version? Once again thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Reactions: surdu_petru

rioni

Mar 24, 2012
cheers, i have an issue with rooted firmware hdmi dosent work with original 4.0.5 works great.

my device

archos 101 g9 turbo 16gb

idimintu

Nov 23, 2010
Not sure if its me but updated from your 4.0.4 deodexed fw to 4.0.5 rooted and can only mount SD card with a reboot. If I unmount and then reinsert the card it does not give the option to mount unless I reboot. I have tested 2 cards which both work fine in my SGS.

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using XDA Premium HD app

theguy

Dec 11, 2006
I can use the stick but I need to reboot the tablet to enable it.
If yours works then it must be something app related thanks for the reply :) now to trawl thrugh my apps :(

Psi.

I've not tested this extensively but make sure the 3g is enabled prior to turning off the tablet. Then turn the tablet on and you should be able to enable/disable the 3g without any issues. When you want to turn the tablet off or restart make sure its turned on.

As I've said I've not tested extensively but this should work.

anshar666

Jan 6, 2011
I get the update notice too? I'm on 4.0.4 rooted can I just apply the update over that? will I loose root?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

I am pleased to present the latest Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5 (4.0.3) , now with Su, Superuser & Busybox installed !

In this rom original files have not been modified. Were added only Su & Superuser for Root access and Busybox for other stuff !

These are the files you need to install root version :

- archos.ext4.update in archive ICS_405.zip => https://hotfile.com/dl/150045208/fe18703/ICS_405.zip.html

- zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in archive drive_405.zip => http://www.4shared.com/zip/FSL2xCXY/file.htmlhttp://www.crocko.com/946E5915D1214957BD66756BAEE56623/drive_405.zip

Installation :

- copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage ( /data/media ; /mnt/storage )
    - reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Mernu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop
    - ok ! and wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android update system for a while .....be patient !

This Root version works on all tablets gen9, is stable and can be used as a daily ROM !

( For not to expect too much between the two download ....now you have the option to download drive_405.zip )

If you have problems installing this root version , then you can thank him ( @Shano56 ) and please visit => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542058

regards,
    surdu_petru
    ICS 4.0.5 Root & Busybox & Deodexed !

*********in update ***********

...........Here it is DEODEXED & ROOTED Version Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3) => https://hotfile.com/dl/150151224/fa67e26/ICS_ROOTDEODEX.zip.html

For install you can put archos.ext4 into Internal Storage ( /data/media/| /mnt/storage/ ) !

Since version 4.0.5 initramfs accept following types : archos.ext4.update | archos.ext4 | archos.squashfs ! Have a nice week-end !

...............sorry for the delay.
    Please Surdu remember to put the zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in a mirror.

hotfile only can download a file every 30 min...

Thanks in advance

YES Of course I'll do ! Good luck man !
    Please Surdu remember to put the zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in a mirror.

hotfile only can download a file every 30 min...

Thanks in advance
    In the midst of trying to install this firmware, I did something stupid, and may have bricked my tablet.

I did a "full reinitialization" (not through SDE) within the stock firmware after installing the custom ROM, rebooted without letting it finished, and thinking nothing was wrong, I removed the Android kernel. Now it won't go past the Archos logo, and I can't seem to get into recovery mode.

Is there any way to fix it, or am I boned?

Hi!

You can try so : press power for 10 sec. until the green led light goes out ....now : connect your device with USB cable into desktop/laptop and while you press volume down , press also power and wait for expected to enter into recovery (SDE) ....here you can do Format System->Reformat Device -> I understand -> ok! and copy original ICS 4.0.5 .aos file in the new driver that will appear! Good luck!