[FIX] Screen Lift & Washed Out Screen

Search This thread

rockvoid

Feb 3, 2011
The Fix for "Washed out Screen after Watching Full Screen Videos" works but the fonts are still not as crisp as on ipad 3.

They look gray on android instead of deep black (like on ios).

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I don't notice this screen washout problem you guys have. I'd like to see screen shots too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

go to an apple store and compare the nexus 7 to an ipad 3.
you will see a big difference when reading texts with small fonts.

rockvoid

Feb 3, 2011
left: NEXUS 7 - right: Nook Color

attachment.php

The Nexus is calibrated very very bad! Please ASUS and Google fix it!
It´s a shame for a google lead-device!

Attachments

• IMG_20120723_083130.jpg
    IMG_20120723_083130.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 8,436

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From my Nexus 7 RMA units, I still found these issues, so with the help of the XDA community I took matters into my own hands.

Screen Lift & LCD Ripples

1. Power off your Nexus 7
    2. Open the back cover (I used a credit card)
    3. Since the screen lift issue is on the left hand side, remove all the screws (5 silver 1 black on the bottom left if you can [I couldn't]) on the left hand side
    4. Using a blow dryer, warm up the entire left back hand side while gently applying pressure for about 2-3 minutes.
    5. Flip your Nexus 7 so it is facing you (camera side up) and once again apply pressure from the top to bottom.
    6. Re-screw
    7. Put back cover on

***NOTE*** By fixing the screen separation it appears you also prevent LCD screen rippling on the left hand side, as well as screen creaking Coolio! :high five:

Credit goes out to Thoram for finding this

Washed out Screen after Watching Full Screen Videos [NEED ROOT]

1. Download Script Manager from the Play Store
    2. Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd6ucv4spwn5u1n/SmartDimmer-OFF.sh and save to SD card
    3. Allow Script Manager SU privileges
    4. Go to where you saved the ".sh" script and highlight "Su" and "Boot" then click "Save" and "Exit"
    5. Restart your device

***NOTE*** Upon boot up you should see that "Smanager ads have been granted SU privileges...." That's how you know your script has been applied on boot up.

Credit goes out to Metallice for finding this
    Just a note for the screen wash out, if you apply this fix you will notice decreased battery life while watching videos. Just figured I mention.