Galaxy Tab HDMI Dock - $35 Shipped @ Amazon

Search This thread

TECK

Axivo Developer
Jul 6, 2011
Montreal
www.axivo.com
Anyone used this HDMI dock? I bought the regular dock for $20 and refund it right away. It was going to damage my tablet due to poor contact and also the sound jack reduced the volume by over 50% while killing completely the bass.

I hope this new model does not have the same issues.

Edit: I see someone else mentioned the bad design issue.

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
I just picked this dock up for $15 from amazon.com (US) love the way it sits on my desk now.. just gotta wait and see if the hdmi out via the dock will get fixed in CM7..

watermeade

Jan 14, 2009
Galaxy Tab Desktop Dock

Just picked up a bargain in PC World (Currys) in Sheffield UK,looking through a bargain bin and came across a dock,asked how much and got told £1.97p so I rushed to the till before they changed their minds... Its cost me more (£3.99) to buy the HDMI cable !!! was told the reason was that they didnt do Galaxy Tabs anymore..

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I have 2 Sprint SPH-100's that I bought used off XDA Marketplace. I can't seem to find any concrete evidence that they would work with HDMI using the supplied Samsung adapter.

Will the SPH-100 work with HDMI out?

One of the tablets is for my son and I thought it would be really slick to get him some emulators and Wiimote setup on this to connect to his TV in his room.

Actually I just found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ECC1TP0BBEGSTA-Galaxy-Tab-Cable/dp/B004DFADZK/ref=pd_sim_e_2

It is Samsung-Composite cable (he has an older tube TV) and I bet it is lacking an HDMI port. Wonder if this would work because this would be perfect... might be worth taking the chance.

[UPDATE]
HDMI Dock $12 Amazon

[UPDATE 2]
After doing some research it appears the P100 supports both HDMI out and Composite. After reading some reviews I decided to purchase these P1000 composite cables per other Tab owners because it is compatible with the P100 and also offers USB charging at the same time. If this successfully works it'll be great!

On the other hand, I see that the Tab has issues with the WiiMotes but shouldn't have any problem with my SixAxis Controller. The PS3 controller will also offer greater amount of gameplay... so it works out in the end.

Composite (Red, White, Yellow) + USB Charging Amazon

Last edited:

edwardplus

Apr 26, 2011
Hong Kong
Why I don't want this kind of thing is I don't know whether the screen is or isn't being zipped.
I suspect the quality is not actually full HD:(