[Q] Flash player 10.1 on Toshiba Folio 100

Search This thread

garados2002

Dec 27, 2010
Toshiba Folio 100 Firmware Upgrade to 2.2.5.0053

Hi,

Read more at talktech88.blogspot.com/2010/12/toshiba-folio-100-firmware-upgrade-to.html

Toshiba recently release a firmware upgrade that fixes several items. I've successfully installed Adobe Flash 10.1

garados2002

Dec 27, 2010
Toshiba Folio 100 Firmware Upgrade to 2.2.5.0053

hmmmmmmmmm.........

that update did not include flash as i recall the update distributed?

Unfortunately the firmware patch did not include Adobe Flash player 10.1 (gotta install this manually -...- and it works great :D!!) in it's release, it improves only on the device responsiveness, pinch-and-zoom and some lag fixes, however it still flashes on while it's naturally on suspend-mode and somtimes go into deep-sleep, which requires rebooting. Overall the fix does make it a smoother device, expecting more fix in next release :p

domicutie

Dec 29, 2010
I have installed flash player 10.1.95.1, follow by Opera Mobile and Firefox into the Toshiba folio 100. But I still can't play flash video in any browsers in the Toshiba folio 100. (e.g. youtube).

Do I need to configure anything so the browser can play flash? Please help!

Thanks a lot.

domicutie

Dec 29, 2010
you need to use the right release of flash for tegra2 and internal/default browser. se early in this thread for the apk with flash.

Thanks! Finally I can view flash successfully thru the default browser. But other browser like Opera and Firefox still can't support flash. :(
May I know what should i configure to make other browsers as well also can view the flash?

Last edited:

gaetanolip

Jan 23, 2007
hi,

does the device support streaming flash videos ( directly into the internal browser, not with dedicated youtube app) in 1080p?
if yes, are they smooth or do they stutter?
have you any video-link demonstrating that?

thanks

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I think we all have that problem? not?

i use the default browser for flash content, and it works, where it works..
Opera i think is another one where its not working, which is a OperaMobile problem?

but the flash beta we got anyways is not perfect, and is still unstable with certain websites.. so thats probably fixed when the new tab's comes out.

maciejtarko

Jan 12, 2011
Hi,

Read more at talktech88.blogspot.com/2010/12/toshiba-folio-100-firmware-upgrade-to.html

Toshiba recently release a firmware upgrade that fixes several items. I've successfully installed Adobe Flash 10.1
the folio firmware upgrade did not include adobe flash 10.1, could you please instruct me how did you install it and from where did you get it. I am completely new to this thing. I know it is apk file but where should I put it and how to install?
thanks for help in advance,
Maciej

mddsd

Jan 28, 2008
Gothenburg
the folio firmware upgrade did not include adobe flash 10.1, could you please instruct me how did you install it and from where did you get it. I am completely new to this thing. I know it is apk file but where should I put it and how to install?
thanks for help in advance,
Maciej

You will find the FlashPlayer.apk in this thread.
Remember that this version of the Flash Player is beta.

If you are using the FolioMod V1.3 then the Flash Player is already installed.

Reactions: maciejtarko

mddsd

Jan 28, 2008
Gothenburg
I just saw that Adobe released a new version of Flash Player for my HTC Desire.
In the release notes Adobe mentions that this version IS NOT for Tegra devices...
According to the notes an updated version of Flash Player for Tegra will be available soon.

Reactions: maciejtarko

maciejtarko

Jan 12, 2011
You will find the FlashPlayer.apk in this thread.
Remember that this version of the Flash Player is beta.

If you are using the FolioMod V1.3 then the Flash Player is already installed.
thanks. At the moment I would prefer not to run foliomod and just use the flash from the thread but could you just tell if I should copy this apk file to main directory of the folio and then what?

julio77

Mar 12, 2007
Paris
copy the apk somewhere in your Folio
launch Toshiba File Manager
navigate to apk location
clic on the apk and follow instructions to install it

that all

Last edited:

bastospn

Nov 27, 2010
If you just wan't install flash go ahead and do it, you won't need to flash it with a new firmware. But having the FolioMod is like having a new tablet!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash APK from folio 100!!

here you go guys was able to get this with androzip this is the flash apk that was on the service station this morning, Hope it works for you all please leave feedback :eek:
    latest official Flashplayer for Tegra2 devices

Dated: 20101210
    version: v10.1.120.10

download here

its a little newer than the one witrh foliomod 1.3d, december release to be exact.
    i did it exactly as you just said and explained in your guidelines.... that is the reason i am troubling you... :(

if it still fails, do get some assistance from a person that can work with you on this one. because it is really like guideline explaines, so if you main problem is copying a update.zip file, maybe something with the name goes wrong or you got some "space" added to the name or so on..
    its really not too hard.. focus on the file and the root of sdcard where you put it. and check sdcard is FAT32 not NTFS or other formatted (like in camera)
    i can even understand that it is only me who's getting this problem so it is surely not from your files or procedure.... but i don't know why still i'm not able to get it. FAT32, spelling checks, checking the sdcard first on the device and then re-booting it in recovery mode... every possible detail i could read i've followed it very closely but still my bad luck

rgds
    ravi
    can you actually read the sdcard when system is normally booted? that might indicate whether the sdcard works or not?
    i assume you still got stock toshiba fw, so you should be able to see sdcard and contents with the filemanager from toshiba.
    Do I need to configure anything so the browser can play flash? Please help!
    you need to use the right release of flash for tegra2 and internal/default browser. se early in this thread for the apk with flash.