What rom should I flash to get extra Languages?

Search This thread

Zehmistah

Oct 25, 2012
Mississauga
I've got the Canadian Virgin Mobile Moto G, and I recently unlocked the carrier. I am going to unlock to bootloader to flash a rom with more languages, specifically Portuguese.. What rom should I use, I'm looking for the original Moto G software.

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
I've got the Canadian Virgin Mobile Moto G, and I recently unlocked the carrier. I am going to unlock to bootloader to flash a rom with more languages, specifically Portuguese.. What rom should I use, I'm looking for the original Moto G software.

I'm running CM11 and a quick look the phone tells me that it have Portuguese for brazil and portugal, alternatively try any latin american stock rom: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

Reactions: Zehmistah

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
Okay so I unlocked my bootloader for my Moto G, and when It rebooted it said android was updating apps and then all the processes stopped working. It booted into the android startup but I couldn't get any processes running so it wouldnt work. I tried to reboot and now android doesn't even boot up. Should I flash a custom recovery right now and then wipe??? I haven't done anything to the phone other than carrier unlock and bootloader unlock. please help

Should I try this? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219 , or is it too risky right now? I'm planning to restore it to another stock firmware anyways.

First, don't panic.

Second, explain how do you unlock the bootloader, did you use this?

Third, what does the bootloader screen (Power+VolDown) says in the second to last line before the first break (LOCKED/UNLOCKED).

Fourth, if it says UNLOCKED, try to flash the ROM using this, otherwise try to unlock the bootloader again with the link i posted in the second point.

And don't worry as long as you can enter fastboot mode (bootloader) you can fix everything, and nothing of the things you are doing affects fastboot mode.

Last edited:

Zehmistah

Oct 25, 2012
Mississauga
First, don't panic.

Second, explain how do you unlock the bootloader, did you use this?

Third, what does the bootloader screen (Power+VolDown) says in the second to last line before the first break (LOCKED/UNLOCKED).

Fourth, if it says UNLOCKED, try to flash the ROM using this, otherwise try to unlock the bootloader again with the link i posted in the second point.

And don't worry as long as you can enter fastboot mode (bootloader) you can fix everything, and nothing of the things you are doing affects fastboot mode.

I used that webstie to unlock the bootloader, and when I went to fastboot it did say UNLOCKED status code: 3.

I left it plugged into my PC last night because It wouldn't turn off, and I think it wasn't charging because now it's off and won't turn on. I'm going to plug it into a wall charger and wait a few to check if it's on.

After that, I'll try the method you said.

EDIT: Seems like charging doesn't work either, weird... because it said it was connecting to my PC last night in Fastboot

Last edited:

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
I used that webstie to unlock the bootloader, and when I went to fastboot it did say UNLOCKED status code: 3.

I left it plugged into my PC last night because It wouldn't turn off, and I think it wasn't charging because now it's off and won't turn on. I'm going to plug it into a wall charger and wait a few to check if it's on.

EDIT: Seems like charging doesn't work either, weird... because it said it was connecting to my PC last night in Fastboot

That's weird, doing the steps in that page don't make changes big enough in the phone to make something like that happen.
What does it says in the line below UNLOCKED, USB CONNECTED or CONNECT USB DATA CABLE while you had it connected to your pc/wall?
Why don't you try to use another cable?

Zehmistah

Oct 25, 2012
Mississauga
That's weird, doing the steps in that page don't make changes big enough in the phone to make something like that happen.
What does it says in the line below UNLOCKED, USB CONNECTED or CONNECT USB DATA CABLE while you had it connected to your pc/wall?

I don't remember what it said.
I've tried a few different wall chargers and cables. They seem to charge my other phones but not this one. I'm going to wait an hour and then maybe put it in the freezer for a few minutes

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
I've tried a few different wall chargers and cables. They seem to charge my other phones but not this one. I'm going to wait an hour and then maybe put it in the freezer for a few minutes

That's a... unorthodox approach, but reading around it just might work.
I can only recommend you to put it in a sealed container and having a rice bag at hand afterwards, just in case.

Now if you can get it to fastboot mode, try to restore a backup (if you did one) or flash a ROM, im assuming that if you can connect a cable and send commands to fastboot it is charging the phone. BTW at this point if you can send commands and are tired trying to fix it, you can execute
Code:
fastboot oem lock
and you can claim the warranty, that behaviour is not normal, maybe something in the hardware side broke but until we test it more we can't be sure.

Now while we wait in for the phone to become a popsicle, can you detail how you unlocked it?

Zehmistah

Oct 25, 2012
Mississauga
I can only recommend you to put it in a sealed container and having a rice bag at hand afterwards, just in case.

Now if you can get it to fastboot mode, try to restore a backup (if you did one) or flash a ROM, im assuming that if you can connect a cable and send commands to fastboot it is charging the phone. BTW at this point if you can send commands and are tired trying to fix it, you can execute
Code:
fastboot oem lock
and you can claim the warranty, that behaviour is not normal, maybe something in the hardware side broke but until we test it more we can't be sure.

Now while we wait in for the phone to become a popsicle, can you detail how you unlocked it?

Ok, so I bought the phone and got it carrier unlocked, then yesterday I decided to flash a new rom to get the languages so I went to https://motorola-global-portal.cust...e/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a/action/auth. Unlocked the bootloader and when the phone was about to restart from cmd it said "FAILED" but rebooted anyways. It went into fastboot again and ti said it was Unlocked, when I selected Normal Reboot, it started up with the bootloader logo and continued on normally. It was then that it displayed the android startup page (Where you select language, sign into google, connect to wifi etc.) like I haven't used the phone before. Shortly after a popup came and said " Android is updating # of apps out of 137", once that was over every single process on the phone crashed.

Now I'm where I am now.

One more thing, I booted it into recovery before I unlocked the bootloader, accidently. Do you think it maybe could've wiped the original OS on the device?

Last edited:

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
Ok, so I bought the phone and got it carrier unlocked, then yesterday I decided to flash a new rom to get the languages so I went to https://motorola-global-portal.cust...e/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a/action/auth. Unlocked the bootloader and when the phone was about to restart from cmd it said "FAILED" but rebooted anyways. It went into fastboot again and ti said it was Unlocked, when I selected Normal Reboot, it started up with the bootloader logo and continued on normally. It was then that it displayed the android startup page (Where you select language, sign into google, connect to wifi etc.) like I haven't used the phone before. Shortly after a popup came and said " Android is updating # of apps out of 137", once that was over every single process on the phone crashed.

Now I'm where I am now.

One more thing, I booted it into recovery before I unlocked the bootloader, accidently. Do you think it maybe could've wiped the original OS on the device?

As far as i know, you can't wipe the system with a stock recovery and with a "blank" OS your phone still connects to PC.

i forgotted this existed, at this point you can't lose anything in trying it. i dont recomend the bootloader bricker part for your case.

Zehmistah

Oct 25, 2012
Mississauga
As far as i know, you can't wipe the system with a stock recovery and with a "blank" OS your phone still connects to PC.

i forgotted this existed, at this point you can't lose anything in trying it. i dont recomend the bootloader bricker part for your case.

The phone isnt't being detected when I plug it in.
I've read that leaving the phone 24 hours untouched could also help the battery. I'm going to try that\

EDIT: GOT IT TO TURN ON!!!

Last edited:

Zehmistah

Oct 25, 2012
Mississauga
Ok, so I got it working. The thread you told me first helped!! It works fine now with the Brazilian software. Thank you very much, you're a life saver.

Now... I've got another moto G to do the same to

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
Ok, so I got it working. The thread you told me first helped!! It works fine now with the Brazilian software. Thank you very much, you're a life saver.

Now... I've got another moto G to do the same to

You had me worried there, i though it was a goner. in the end everything turned out okay.
Happy to be of service.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm running CM11 and a quick look the phone tells me that it have Portuguese for brazil and portugal, alternatively try any latin american stock rom: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14
    Oh man, thank you for the link, I just might use that. Just a refresher, to flash It I would first unlock the bootloader, flash a new recovery, wipe, and then flash the new rom?

yep, but you don't need to flash a custom recovery for a Stock ROM.

Code:
    fastboot oem lock

Now I'm where I am now.