Converting factory images to recovery-flashable zips

Search This thread

Bronto9

Jul 9, 2012
Milano
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,
I want to try L developer preview with multirom, but I need to convert the factory image to a normal zip which can be flashed trough recovery.
Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to do that?

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I thought that someone mentioned yesterday in one of the 1,000s of I/O threads, that MultiRom wouldn't be supported yet bc it is kernel based or someting like that. Not sure what the kernel is on the L, but you may want to ask the MultiRom devs if this is even possible at this point before you flash and get into toruble. Saves you some headache, hopefully.

Edit: @rootSU @simms22
We seem to be all on the same page here. lol. Good work guys. :highfive:

Reactions: danarama

popoalex

Nov 29, 2015
As a linux user I would use smg2img to convert the system image to raw then I would mount that as ext4 and extract the folders and put them in an existing flashable zip.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I also want to know about this. Can you give some guides? Also I want to know is it possible to flash my custom building from aosp?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a linux user I would use smg2img to convert the system image to raw then I would mount that as ext4 and extract the folders and put them in an existing flashable zip.

Hi,
    I want to try L developer preview with multirom, but I need to convert the factory image to a normal zip which can be flashed trough recovery.
    Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to do that?

you would need to build/compile it like everyone else does.
    I thought that someone mentioned yesterday in one of the 1,000s of I/O threads, that MultiRom wouldn't be supported yet bc it is kernel based or someting like that. Not sure what the kernel is on the L, but you may want to ask the MultiRom devs if this is even possible at this point before you flash and get into toruble. Saves you some headache, hopefully.

Edit: @rootSU @simms22
    We seem to be all on the same page here. lol. Good work guys. :highfive:

And then we end up with around 3 "ROM" threads of the same thing in Development section lol