[Q] 1.2 with autonooter?

Search This thread

tinpanalley

Aug 20, 2008
Quebec City
Forgive the terminology if it's wrong, but I currently have 1.0 autonooter and pressing home ('n') lets me go from the regular nook color to my Zeam launcher. Is there something like this yet for the new 1.2 NookColor update? I see lots of threads talking about CM7 but nothing for this kind of setup. Has a new autonooter simply not been developed yet?

greenmky

Aug 4, 2010
Midland, MI
It's been 1 day since the 1.2 update came out. Have some patience.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1051235

So far there is a modified stock ROM with non-market APK installing possible and root access, but there's a lot of other work to be done still.

I'm not an android developer but I gleaned that much from simply reading in the 1.2 threads.

It took a couple of weeks for the autonooter to be really perfected, and before that there was nooter (which I used).

Last edited:

tinpanalley

Aug 20, 2008
Quebec City
Honestly, sometimes a firmware update on any device hardly causes any kind of delay and just as many times a new root method has to be developed altogether so given that these things vary from device to device and from update to update I don't think I really deserved the "have some patience" comment. I think it was a fair question. Sometimes people get this sense of entitlement around here just because they happen to know more about things than some of us. Anyway, thanks for answering.

dohturdima

Jan 6, 2011
Honestly, sometimes a firmware update on any device hardly causes any kind of delay and just as many times a new root method has to be developed altogether so given that these things vary from device to device and from update to update I don't think I really deserved the "have some patience" comment. I think it was a fair question. Sometimes people get this sense of entitlement around here just because they happen to know more about things than some of us. Anyway, thanks for answering.

I'm also waiting for the new 1.2 to be (auto-) nootered, so was hoping for some sort of an update in terms of how the nooter-development is going for the new update. I agree that it is a fair question - sometimes jailbreak/root appears within hours of an update, sometimes it takes days but there is always some sort of info. Granted, our nook color is not an iPhone or a droid/evo and has nookie froyo, CM7 and even HC but I want to stick with rooted stock because it fits my needs.

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
Um...don't understand why you guys wouldn't just go over to the development section and check for yourselves for an update. Maybe that's part of the reason for the terseness in the reply.

I also think it was a little impatient when you couple the timing with not only the lack of an effort to see the myriad posts regarding the topic with the fact that this isn't just a "firmware upgrade", it's a whole new OS version (2.1->2.2).

To each his own though, just understand why your question could have engendered such a response.

In the meantime, there is no autonooter for 1.2 yet, although a mostly functional manual nooter has been developed. The market seems to be causing major issues and I would strongly advise waiting until the dust settles.

dohturdima

Jan 6, 2011
In the meantime, there is no autonooter for 1.2 yet, although a mostly functional manual nooter has been developed. The market seems to be causing major issues and I would strongly advise waiting until the dust settles.

Dev section is full of other threads on other subjects making the search more difficult. Thanks for the update.