LT30p firmware on LT30at keeping LTE support

Search This thread

LastQuark

Feb 16, 2011
You flash the generic. 303 with flashtools(exclude baseband) , root that with bin4ry's tools, then flash cwm for locked bootloaders, then flash the rooted 3.195 through CWM with cwm. Zip and boot loop fix zip then you go back to flashtools and flash the 3.195 stock kernel. The phone will work but mobile data won't that's when you set the apn as Spectre51said in the op.

When you flashed with CWM, will you not lose LTE?

What is the purpose of flashing 3.195 with flashtools again after that?

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California

When you flash the 3.195 rooted zip(rom) with cwm you are changing the rom, baseband(lte radio) stays intact, you flash stock 3.195 stock kernel with flashtools so it(rom) will function properly (I read that this must be done so there will be no issues)

Spectre51

When you flash the 3.195 rooted zip(rom) with cwm you are changing the rom, baseband(lte radio) stays intact, you flash stock 3.195 stock kernel with flashtools so it(rom) will function properly (I read that this must be done so there will be no issues)

Don't think you need to flash the 303ftf first. Should be able to go from a stock at&t firmware, root, install cwm and then flash the pre rooted 195 in cwm unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion

Last edited:

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
Just following orders

Don't think you need to flash the 303ftf first. Should be able to go from a stock at&t firmware, root, install cwm and then flash the pre rooted 195 in cwm.

I was just following the instructions that were posted for locked bootloaders in the thread

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-09-16-35-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-09-16-35-14.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 206

Spectre51

Which rooted ROM do you suggest for the TL? Keep in mind, I've only rooted it thus far and installed CWM

I would start with GregBradley's stock rooted .195. I've tested it out and works great. It's just a prerooted stock rom. Once installed setup your AT&T APN and install supersu or superuser from Google Play. Che k his thread in the development section for details on what to do.

Reactions: hkjr

hkjr

Jul 25, 2008
NJ
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
I would start with GregBradley's stock rooted .195. I've tested it out and works great. It's just a prerooted stock rom. Once installed setup your AT&T APN and install supersu or superuser from Google Play. Che k his thread in the development section for details on what to do.

That's one that I looking at. I'm in the process of resurrecting my Atrix and once that's up and running again, would like to focus all my attention on the TL, contribute here, test, etc etc. Thanks again.:good:

s_goff

Sep 22, 2011
Pardon my density, but what is the advantage of flashing an alternate stock rom as described in this thread? I know that getting rid of the AT&T bloatware is a good thing, but that can be accomplished by simply rooting the phone and removing the offending apps by the already discussed methods. I guess that running a non-AT&T stock rom would also remove the AT&T branding built into the original rom, but that's a purely cosmetic thing, no? Are there any other pluses that I'm not aware of?

Spectre51

Pardon my density, but what is the advantage of flashing an alternate stock rom as described in this thread? I know that getting rid of the AT&T bloatware is a good thing, but that can be accomplished by simply rooting the phone and removing the offending apps by the already discussed methods. I guess that running a non-AT&T stock rom would also remove the AT&T branding built into the original rom, but that's a purely cosmetic thing, no? Are there any other pluses that I'm not aware of?

Built-in tethering then works. Plus you get a more updated OS since branded firmwares are usually far behind unbranded generic ones.

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
Try this one

That's one that I looking at. I'm in the process of resurrecting my Atrix and once that's up and running again, would like to focus all my attention on the TL, contribute here, test, etc etc. Thanks again.:good:

XperimenT by TIMN8R
He tweaked the build prop already added bravia engine 2 and also added cwm and boot fix zip in the rom so you don't have to separately flash those. And the icing on the cake "you don't have to set apn's he said he found an apn conf. Xml file that has apn's from all over the world and the beauty of that is that it has both the 4G(h+) and the LTE apn's. I'm enjoying it very much :cool:

Last edited:

hkjr

Jul 25, 2008
NJ
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
XperimenT by TIMN8R
He tweaked the build prop already added bravia engine 2 and also added cwm and boot fix zip in the rom so you don't have to separately flash those. And the icing on the cake "you don't have to set apn's he said he found an apn conf. Xml file that has apn's from all over the world and the beauty of that is that it has both the 4G(h+) and the LTE apn's. I'm enjoying it very much :cool:

Confirming that my TL is now running XperimenT. Process was simple considering I did a few things differently.

Just one question as I'm working on two devices - the APN settings - it's blank - not a big deal since I could just enter the info however, I tried to reset to default, nothing populated. Once I restore my apps and set up the device to my liking, I'll report back - thanks again!

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
Maybe

Confirming that my TL is now running XperimenT. Process was simple considering I did a few things differently.

Just one question as I'm working on two devices - the APN settings - it's blank - not a big deal since I could just enter the info however, I tried to reset to default, nothing populated. Once I restore my apps and set up the device to my liking, I'll report back - thanks again!

Maybe the few steps you took different maybe prevented it to be auto detected or maybe because of your area, not sure but ill pm you the h+ apn

hkjr

Jul 25, 2008
NJ
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
Probably would want the LTE apn instead if he has AT&T and still has the LTE baseband. If you look in the Xperia ion wiki I have the apn saved there.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL

Got the LTE apn; dumb rookie mistake, had the "dead" sim in the new phone and it wouldnt populate the apn list. as soon as i realized it, i switched sim's and there it was. enjoying the semi freedom of the TL now!!

Last edited:

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
And you know this man...

Pretty sure using an H+ apn doesn't disable the LTE radio.

Of course the LTE radio isn't disabled isn't that why it's the baseband lol. But by switching to the h+ apn in spotty coverage (since lte is still in its infancy) it prevents the radio from searching for coverage and thus battery drain. Here's an example from another post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-12-00-12-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-12-00-12-08.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 134

s_goff

Sep 22, 2011
I installed the XperimenT ROM, and I am pretty happy with it so far (if for nothing else than removing the AT&T boot screen, which I don't find very attractive at all).

Since I had already rooted via Bin4ry's method, all I had to do to get it up and running was to install the CWM for locked bootloaders, and then flash the most recent XperimenT ROM from CWM after wiping cache and reset to factory. The baseband selection is automatic, per the notes for that ROM, and LTE seems to be working fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay people now that I have been able to create a stock AT&T LT30at ftf file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByrrmqPijqISREZpSE16bWdKV1E I went ahead with testing if I could flash a generic LT30p firmware on my LT30at EXCLUDING the baseband so I could keep LTE.

I used the LT30p firmware version 7.0.A.3.195 generic and flashed it through flashtools wiping everything but excluding the baseband. By doing this I was able to keep LTE support and have a generic unbranded firmware. I then restored all my apps using the included backup & restore app ( I had manually installed it on the LT30at firmware previously)

ScreenShot2013-01-15at102811PM_zps98810f85.png

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used. Also tethering works without issue. I did have to setup the AT&T LTE apn which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27979729&postcount=4
    That site is wrong. The LTE equipped TL is not available unlocked anywhere "yet". Sony is talking about releasing and unlocked unbranded TL in the US but.its just talk right now.

Thanks for all the effort your putting in for the community here. I'd like to get all the AT&T software on the phone and this sounds like they way to do it. How do you exclude the baseband when your flashing?

Thanks

In flashtools just before you start the flash there is a check box on the right that says exclude baseband. Just check that.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ P

Yes