• 5GB to 10GB

Votes: 38 9.8%
  • 10GB and to infiniti and beyond ;)

Votes: 70 18.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kmx

Dec 21, 2007
So the past 30 days I have been really enjoying my unlimited data plan. I finally hit over 75GB of data usage and the journey has been awesome for me. It's so much fun having an Unlimited Everything T-Mobile Data Plan with blazing fast 4G LTE Speeds and never using WIFI :victory: By the end of 2014 I want to try to hit over 100GB of data usage in 1 month ;) I know it's alot of data but I know there are other data hungry Nexus 5 users out there.
Then I was wondering how much data everybody else has used so far.:confused:
My top 5 apps that are data hogs are YouTube, Tethering, Speedtest, Soundcloud, and Dropbox.

So my fellow Nexus 5 users, how much data do you use on a monthly basis? And also what top 3 to 5 apps do you use the most data on? :cool:
75_GB_Data_Usage.png

Edit: Thanks for the feedback you guys. Nice to see some of you really getting your money's worth for the data you are paying for. Hopefully one day cell phone providers will go back to just leaving data unlimited that way we don't have to think about going over limits as overage charges or getting throttled is no fun. For those not using data to save money on your cell phone plan I applaud your ability to control your data usage on a regular basis.
As for me and others in here who use a lot of data I hope you guys are enjoying your unlimited data plans. Feels great not having to use wifi anymore especially with blazing fast LTE data speeds.

These are the top LTE speeds I have been able to get in Los Angeles so far so that is part of the reason why I use so much data. And yes I do a lot of speedtest on a regular basis as it turns me on in a technological way to see it perform so well. :victory:

2014_02_05_03_32_00.png

Last edited:

ichundu

Dec 2, 2013
My data plan is only 3 GB per month :rolleyes: and I've only used 2 GB during January. I'm on Wi-Fi half of the time and the rest is 3g. I don't think i can reach your numbers even if i combine all of my decides :p (work PC, home PC and phone)

Most of the bandwidth is consumed by play store, YouTube, Skype, Facebook, chrome and also a little bit of tethering.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
I probably use 250 MB a day because I did download some of my apps on the go and listened to pandora for several hours at the end of the day. Now that I have unlimited on MetroPCS I will probably be using alot more. I intend to backup my phone OTA and upload my titantium backups.

When I was on Sprint I usually used 3 to 6 GB though in my last few months it was only about 1 GB a month, partly because the bad battery kept me off the phone.

Z3US911

Jan 10, 2011
Delhi
damn! nice!
i would not mind using unlimited data but can only use upto 1GB tops.!(Telecom services sux here in India)

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
Less than a gig. 3 places where I am the most, work, home, and gym, all have wifi.

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
I used more in the last two weeks but I got rid of home internet and just use my phone for Facebook and everything now.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391520529858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391520529858.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,889

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Forgot to say that I just got this phone so a lot of it was setting my apps up a couple times learning how to use this device (and loosing it when rooting).

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So today I finally used over 40GB of data all on my Unlimited Everything T-Mobile Data Plan with blazing fast 4G LTE Speeds and never using WIFI :victory:
I admit half of my data was used through tethering, and the rest was mainly Youtube, Soundcloud, Dropbox, and conducting Speedtests.

So my fellow Nexus 5 users, how much data do you use on a monthly basis? And also what top 3 to 5 apps do you use the most data on? :cool:
2014_02_04_06_42_21.png
[/url]

Why? Ever hear of Wi-Fi

pwrmedia

Aug 5, 2009
Columbus
I'm coming up on my first full month w/ T-Mo, and currently sitting @ about 6GB.

When I was w/ VZW, I was capped @ 2GB.

Now that I'm on the unlimited plan w/ T-Mo, I plan on taking full advantage of it!!

As far as data-intensive apps, I wouldn't say I have a top 3. My usage primarily goes towards app/rom downloads, movies, and occasional Play Store app reinstalls if I FUBAR a backup or restore. :cool:

Reactions: kmx

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
wow i just check on sprint website how much my average date usage is and i cant beleive it!! i never have been over 1GB! lol i have sprint so i have unlimited data.. whem im at work im on wifi and when im home im on wifi also so thats gotta be why its so low..

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
I average about 50 gbs a month on Sprint with my most ever in a month being around 75 gbs. Its mostly torrents, tethering and ROM downloads.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Reactions: kmx

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
We have 3 lines with tmo. On average I use 500MB, wife uses 750MB, and father in law uses 300MB per month.

Nexus5

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I started my cycle on January 23 (which has only been a couple weeks). I have used about 1.8 GB so far. I have never gotten as high as some of you guys even when I was on Verizon with an unlimited plan. I dont know how anyone uses 40 GB of data. I mainly use data for streaming Google Music to and from work. I dont use data at home because of WiFi.

pgptheoriginal

Mar 16, 2011
Stockholm
Since my data plan is limited to 3GB per month (which it is more than average here in Italy), I often use about 2-2.5GB.
I usually browse the internet, download (small) apps and read news with Google Currents (which uses a lot of data). I do some tethering, too. No YouTube, no music streaming.

Luckily I have a 100mbps fiber connection at home so there's no need to use my 3G plan there ;)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

albert_htc

Apr 5, 2010
I use around 300mb per month 3G
At home on fibre average around 390GB per month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) KitKat 4.4.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How many speed tests do you do a day to get to 3 GB of usage?
    Well that seems stupid
    Yup, and your post just oozes of intelligence.
    So the past 30 days I have been really enjoying my unlimited data plan. I finally hit over 75GB of data usage and the journey has been awesome for me. It's so much fun having an Unlimited Everything T-Mobile Data Plan with blazing fast 4G LTE Speeds and never using WIFI :victory: By the end of 2014 I want to try to hit over 100GB of data usage in 1 month ;) I know it's alot of data but I know there are other data hungry Nexus 5 users out there.
    My top 5 apps that are data hogs are YouTube, Tethering, Speedtest, Soundcloud, and Dropbox.

75_GB_Data_Usage.png

Edit: Thanks for the feedback you guys. Nice to see some of you really getting your money's worth for the data you are paying for. Hopefully one day cell phone providers will go back to just leaving data unlimited that way we don't have to think about going over limits as overage charges or getting throttled is no fun. For those not using data to save money on your cell phone plan I applaud your ability to control your data usage on a regular basis.
    As for me and others in here who use a lot of data I hope you guys are enjoying your unlimited data plans. Feels great not having to use wifi anymore especially with blazing fast LTE data speeds.

These are the top LTE speeds I have been able to get in Los Angeles so far so that is part of the reason why I use so much data. And yes I do a lot of speedtest on a regular basis as it turns me on in a technological way to see it perform so well. :victory:

2014_02_05_03_32_00.png
    I was using ~2GB/mo with VZW, have only had Tmo for a couple weeks and have so far used about 4GB.

I still don't abuse it on purpose, and still use WiFi when available. Abusing the network in the name of fun is kind of stupid, and it just going to get them to start imposing restrictions.

My data is almost all streaming music from slacker/google.
    last five days

:laugh: