newbieee

Search This thread

ci9her

Mar 17, 2014
hey im new here....can anyone tell me which linux is best for android development and how to configure it........

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
hey im new here....can anyone tell me which linux is best for android development and how to configure it........

Hi there. Depends on how familiar you are with Linux. If you are just beginning, then I suggest Ubuntu as it is the most popular distro and the one that most of the How-To Build Guides are written for. If you plan on developing anything newer than GB, then it's recommended to install the 64 bit version. You CAN build some ICS and JB versions on 32, but more of a pain than it's worth since the compiler is written in 64 bit.

There are tons of guides for beginners here - including Stickies at the top of this particular forum. If you search, you'll even find semi-automated scripts and such to set up the build environment for you.

Reactions: ci9her

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi there. Depends on how familiar you are with Linux. If you are just beginning, then I suggest Ubuntu as it is the most popular distro and the one that most of the How-To Build Guides are written for. If you plan on developing anything newer than GB, then it's recommended to install the 64 bit version. You CAN build some ICS and JB versions on 32, but more of a pain than it's worth since the compiler is written in 64 bit.

There are tons of guides for beginners here - including Stickies at the top of this particular forum. If you search, you'll even find semi-automated scripts and such to set up the build environment for you.