dell streak performace fix!!!!!Update

Search This thread

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
I still do not see any description as to what this "fix" does and what files it manipulates.

freco

May 17, 2007
Athens
I flashed it today and no problem with wifi. So definitely needs this moded kernel.
So just copy files does not work flawlessly.

Sent from my Dell Streak (the beast).

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
The performance fix is not the same as the perfmod that is included in the Streakdroid ROMs. The Streakdroid ROMs perfmod uses the internal SD card in a different way. See this page on streakdroid.com. There is a highlighted section about the perfmod and it's use of data2ext. The performance fix does not use this.

From the OP in the performance fix thread:

This update installs custom kernel, custom build.prop and performance tweaking post_boot.sh script.
It will not erase your system, userdata or anything else. It just replaces some files.

It installs

• a different kernel (2.632.9-DJ_Steve_-BFSBFQ-OC-Vol.)
  • a different boot img
  • makes changes to build.prop
  • Other changes
You can extract the zip file and look at everything included if you want to know exactly what it does, but it's (from my understanding) a collection of various speedup tips/hacks into a package that can be easily installed. If you want/need more details you should ask in the original thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    many people ound wifi was not working after flashing smokku,s custom kernel.
    i found right way to tweak and upgrade ur dell streak performance by not installing kernel.

STEPS.
    1.extract update in a folder.
    2.root ur streak.
    3.download root manager.
    4.mount internal storage as R/W.
    5.copy and replace all the files in system folder of performance fix file to internal storage of dell streak>system.
    6.reboot ur system.
    7.i done like this and getting 29 on neocore and 1368 on quadrant.35.66 on linpack

Which rom does this work with? Im currently on steves 1.4.6.