Replacing HTC One S Battery

Search This thread

RepusJonathan

Jan 4, 2012
Hello I wondering if after say 6 months - 1 year of use if we could replace the battery of the HTC One S somehow because my limited knowledge tells me the battery capacity will be much lower after 6 month - 1 year of use.
Thanks!

leohdz148

Feb 29, 2012
Houston
Hello I wondering if after say 6 months - 1 year of use if we could replace the battery of the HTC One S somehow because my limited knowledge tells me the battery capacity will be much lower after 6 month - 1 year of use.
Thanks!

I highly doubt you can replace it yourself, the back is one whole peice, I'm gonna say that your gonna have to take it to a retail store so they can replace it for you bcuz I kinda asked the same question at the store and they said to just bring in the phone and we'll replace it for you but im not too sure about that, if you don't mind taking apart your phone to replace a battery you could buy a battery from amazon or eBay and just look up how to tear down the one s but the decision is all yours, its your device.....hopefully this kinda helped you :)

Sent from HTC one s

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
DONT DO IT URSELF LOL! why would u give him that idea

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

leohdz148

Feb 29, 2012
Houston
Lol my bad, maybe he wants to do it him self which I really wouldnt recommend at this point but each user makes his own decision, everyone is different....he may want to do it himself (i wouldn't recommend). Im just putting ideas out there you know whatever he chooses to do is his decision but he should think about the consequences should he choose to do it himself, but hey everyone is different so....think about it b4 you make a decision.... :)

Sent from HTC one s

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
Umm, why not? I've opened my phone several times. The battery looks pretty easy to replace.

Dont quote me on this but I've read while it's not hard to take the back out, the battery appeared to be soldered or some other way permanently attached. Not the battery itself but the wires coming from it. I heard the wires aren't just a clip connection to the board but soldered or some other way

Sent from my HTC One S on Axiom S

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
Lols he's making out that because hes opened the back means it'll be so easy to replace battery leave him to it and in a few months we won't see hik on xda because he does not have a one s anymore lol

Z3ra7uL

Jul 11, 2010
Sofia
Lols he's making out that because hes opened the back means it'll be so easy to replace battery leave him to it and in a few months we won't see hik on xda because he does not have a one s anymore lol

Allow me to disagree. It appears to be a very straight forward task. You have to:
1. Remove the two plastic covers
2. Unscrew 4 screws
3. Unplug the old battery and plug in the new one
4. Screw the 4 screws, mentioned in step 2
5. Place back the plastic covers

If that sounds dangerous to you, maybe you are probably right not to do it yourself.

P.S. I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for other people's skills or lack of skills and the potential damage they may cause to their devices :D:D:D

lykos

Aug 23, 2011
OnePlus 8

LOL. You're assuming that I don't have the technical skill to take apart a phone because you lack the ability. The One S isn't my first rodeo; the process is straight forward and even a halfwit monkey could do it. If you lack the technical skills of a halfwit monkey than excuse me for my disrespect and I admire your willingness to blend into a social setting with your illness. :good:

Dont quote me on this but I've read while it's not hard to take the back out, the battery appeared to be soldered or some other way permanently attached. Not the battery itself but the wires coming from it. I heard the wires aren't just a clip connection to the board but soldered or some other way

My battery, nor the wires, were soldered. I was/am thinking about transferring to black casing.

EDIT: Z3ra7uL; You got to the video first :] Plus thanks to you.

lykos

Aug 23, 2011
OnePlus 8
Is there an sd slot in there? I would really like to put my 32 gig sd card in this phone. Sadly 16 is not enough.

Nope, we're lucky enough to get flash memory.

Dr. Rick: not yet. The UK body is not compatible with the US S. It has a different bottom. I'm waiting for the black and red US S before continuing my experiment.

I am looking to see if the One J's battery is compatible with our phone. I'll Frankenstein a larger battery. As it stands I've bought a few extra one s batteries and to keep charged just in case of emergencies. The battery is really easy to replace.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Nope, we're lucky enough to get flash memory.

Dr. Rick: not yet. The UK body is not compatible with the US S. It has a different bottom. I'm waiting for the black and red US S before continuing my experiment.

I am looking to see if the One J's battery is compatible with our phone. I'll Frankenstein a larger battery. As it stands I've bought a few extra one s batteries and to keep charged just in case of emergencies. The battery is really easy to replace.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

I thought someone said there was a cut down sd card in there...once he takes off the back, what's the black thing in the upper right of the back of the phone?

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
LOL. You're assuming that I don't have the technical skill to take apart a phone because you lack the ability. The One S isn't my first rodeo; the process is straight forward and even a halfwit monkey could do it. If you lack the technical skills of a halfwit monkey than excuse me for my disrespect and I admire your willingness to blend into a social setting with your illness. :good:

My battery, nor the wires, were soldered. I was/am thinking about transferring to black casing.

So the battery wires were just a clip like connection then?

You guys seem to have this pretty well covered but just thought I'd include my experience as well. A few days ago I replaced the damaged housing on my International One S because somebody was interested in buying it but then wasn't interested in my asking price because the warranty was now void..
Anyway, it was super easy. Only difference is that, while the one in the video's lower cover just pops off, mine is double-sided stickied in an elaborate pattern and was rather difficult to remove. The sticky stretches out and needs to be put back into place. It was even more difficult to get it back on properly.. but I finally got it.
But yes, The battery is easy to get at, but I don't remember seeing a connector for it (but I wasn't really looking for it specifically.. just checking things out). So I wonder if the EU version is soldered and the US version is connector?

frdd

Jan 1, 2012
Only difference is that, while the one in the video's lower cover just pops off, mine is double-sided stickied in an elaborate pattern and was rather difficult to remove. The sticky stretches out and needs to be put back into place. It was even more difficult to get it back on properly.. but I finally got it.
Do you mean the used some double sided tape?

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Basically you just need to pop off the top cover, then the bottom with a case opener, remove a few screws, then CAREFULLY dislodge the case from the rest of the device, be very careful here because if you use too much force the metal will bend! Then you can just use tweezers to pull the battery connector off and you can remove the battery.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/21/htc-one-s-teardown/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC One S Screen Repair Directions | DirectFix
    Check this video of One S disasembly out, it may be helpful. Removing the back cover doesn't seem hard at all and the battery is is not soldered, as you can see in the video (somewhere around 3:40 they remove the battery connector).

Allow me to disagree. It appears to be a very straight forward task. You have to:
    1. Remove the two plastic covers
    2. Unscrew 4 screws
    3. Unplug the old battery and plug in the new one
    4. Screw the 4 screws, mentioned in step 2
    5. Place back the plastic covers

If that sounds dangerous to you, maybe you are probably right not to do it yourself.

P.S. I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for other people's skills or lack of skills and the potential damage they may cause to their devices :D:D:D

So the battery wires were just a clip like connection then?

Yup check the video posted in this thread by z3ra7ul, post #7 its a real nice teardown vid
    picture of one s battery

took pics of front and back of the One S battery. (US TMO version)

hopefully this helps someone out..?