Slow 3G Speed? Try this

Search This thread

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Yep, I flash this little file every time I put a new rom on now. I can tell the difference if I don't.

omgitzsars

Sep 27, 2009
Indiana
Thought I'd share my results. Make sure to make a nandroid backup everyone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354925384366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354925384366.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 557

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
I'm just looking around coming from Verizon gs3 to see what's going on over here. I feel for you guys I used to have sprint

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354951301624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354951301624.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 491

omgitzsars

Sep 27, 2009
Indiana
Not to be rude or anything, but Sprint needs to roll out lte faster with those speeds. :-/

Sent from my Rooted Gameboy

Eh... the before aren't too bad, really. I ran the test on a Friday at 7. That's pretty much peak usage time. And my exact location is scheduled to have LTE / Network Vision by the end of January at the latest!

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Thanks for reminding us ex-epic folk about this tweak! Just flashed and looks like it's working its magic. First 3 lines are after flashing. Lol at the Wi-Fi one.

sent from my paranoid GS3 using xda-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355007664418.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355007664418.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 473

sabunimwil

Apr 21, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I'm just fine with my 30 mpbs down with LTE and unlimited data on Sprint.
thisnicca.png

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

No doubt. I'm in a little town north of Baltimore, MD out in the middle of nowhere and I have pretty good service. Calls never drop, 3g is consistent, and I just yesterday discovered that we have lte. I've been with Sprint since 2000. Started with Nextel and then wanted smart phones. I pay a lot less than friends on Verizon and t-mo and they get little to no signal in this lost little burg. My S3? I get 3 bars most time with more minutes than I could possibly use and unlimited everything else.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some people just aren't happy with anything they have. My neighbor has t-mo and *****es all the time, neighbor on the other side *****es about Verizon, my sons ***** about Sprint (I pay all the bills so I don't know why they complain). No service is perfect and complaining on a forum where your provider will never see it doesn't make sense to me.
I agree with y.g. I'm happy with the speeds I'm pulling in.

sent from a dark alley while doing unspeakable things to my Paranoid Android Galaxy S3.

USMC Combat Veteran: Operations Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Semper Fi!

coreyog

Nov 27, 2010
Oklahoma City
I'm doing a back up right now and about to try it.

Sadly this cut my speeds down to 1/3 of what they were. I am about 100 miles from home, tomorrow I'll try it there before restoring my backup. I have wifi until then anyway.

Running CM 10 Nightly 12/8/12

Last edited:

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
thisnicca.png

That's good. I'm also on unlimited lte data. I took over liability of someones account that still had unlimited data. Sprint is horrible where I live and also very spotty. I get a better discount with verizon through my job so it ends up being about $12 more a month than sprint and I'm glad to pay it for the service I get. I get LTE in about 95% of the places I go to and their 3g is always about 1.5 Mbps my friends with sprint say that lte is still coming up in LA and they can pick it up at random places but they say its only about 8-12mbps which is still good but that's also on a fairly empty network

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355043142922.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355043142922.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 376

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
That's good. I'm also on unlimited lte data. I took over liability of someones account that still had unlimited data. Sprint is horrible where I live and also very spotty. I get a better discount with verizon through my job so it ends up being about $12 more a month than sprint and I'm glad to pay it for the service I get. I get LTE in about 95% of the places I go to and their 3g is always about 1.5 Mbps my friends with sprint say that lte is still coming up in LA and they can pick it up at random places but they say its only about 8-12mbps which is still good but that's also on a fairly empty network

LA has been clocked up to 37mbps. And nice discount. I get 25% discount. Paying $180 for 4 lines unlimited everything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: FLBoy1991

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Coming from the Epic 4G I remembered a little script Marcusant wrote awhile back that promised increased 3G speeds. I had forgotten about it, but always had it on my Epic, and didn't think much of it, or even knew if it really worked.

So I noticed my 3G speeds since getting my S3 have seemed slower, so I remembered that thread. Installed it and you can see my results in the picture. 1st three test without, last one with. I was pleasantly surprised. I have done several other tests since this screenshot with similar results. YMMV.

Please make sure to Thank Marcusant.

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1346680
    File: http://dev-host.org/3nzgolp0e54a/DataSpeedTest.zip

Edit: Pic only had one result after patch. Added link to actual file, it is on the 2nd page of the thread.
    thisnicca.png

No doubt. I'm in a little town north of Baltimore, MD out in the middle of nowhere and I have pretty good service. Calls never drop, 3g is consistent, and I just yesterday discovered that we have lte. I've been with Sprint since 2000. Started with Nextel and then wanted smart phones. I pay a lot less than friends on Verizon and t-mo and they get little to no signal in this lost little burg. My S3? I get 3 bars most time with more minutes than I could possibly use and unlimited everything else.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some people just aren't happy with anything they have. My neighbor has t-mo and *****es all the time, neighbor on the other side *****es about Verizon, my sons ***** about Sprint (I pay all the bills so I don't know why they complain). No service is perfect and complaining on a forum where your provider will never see it doesn't make sense to me.
    I agree with y.g. I'm happy with the speeds I'm pulling in.

sent from a dark alley while doing unspeakable things to my Paranoid Android Galaxy S3.

USMC Combat Veteran: Operations Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Semper Fi!
    http://db.tt/AtbrwEM1 try this one

Just another download link.. Above listed people get all the credit.

sent using tapatalky from my device naw chores.
    Like I said I don't remember it giving me much of a boost on my Epic, but I'm glad I found it again :)

Agree. will be flashing it to the S3 here in a bit. Too lazy to boot into recovery now and do it LOL
    I definitely got a decent speed increase after flashing the data file.. Double the speed
    I got the sg3 on black Friday, coming for the Evo with working 4g Wimax, this is painful. Thanks