Looking for S4 Mini third party extended batteries.

Search This thread

Midgeslayer

Jan 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi

I would be very interested to know of any third-party extended batteries for the S4 mini and people's experiences of the same. I am looking to upgrade from my S2, but am waiting until there are bigger batteries available for the S4 Mini. As yet I have not seen any such batteries on ebay or the web in general.

Regards
Midgeslayer

Last edited:
Reactions: SolanoCM

axelpix

Sep 12, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S7
Looks like the first replacement batteries are showing up for our S4 mini. 2500mAh does not sound bad.

But does anybody know how the battery is important for NFC to work properly? There must be a reason for Samsung to write "Near Field Communication" on the original battery.

Edit:
Hm, seems like the antenna for NFC is located inside the battery. So no NFC with 3rd party replacements that do not integrate an NFC antenna.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vierko

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
In my experience, third batteries are false advertising.
I will get back with a site that measures all batteries how mah they claim and how mah they really offer.

dborghouts

Aug 9, 2013
I've ordered a 2800mAh (for use with oem battery cover) from eBay. I'll post specs and finding once I've got it...

Sent from my GT-I9192 using xda app-developers app

iMax87

Aug 16, 2013
It's with NFC chip?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

dborghouts

Aug 9, 2013
Nope, I didn't bother lookin for a battery with nrc since it won't work with my i9192 anyway

jawe83

Apr 27, 2011
I've ordered a 2800mAh (for use with oem battery cover) from eBay. I'll post specs and finding once I've got it...

I don't really think that you will get anything from this battery... Looking at it logically - how a battery with the same dimensions as orignal 1900mAh one can have 900mAh more? If it was possible then I thing that Samsung would do it in first place.

Just look at Galaxy S III, Samsung made a bigger battery, but it's bigger in dimensions also.

dborghouts

Aug 9, 2013
I agree, chances it it won't make any difference but for the lousy €5 I might as well try....

jawe83

Apr 27, 2011
Are these high capacity batteries able to harm the device somehow.

Depends on the quality of build... You probably heard of those cheap chinese wall chargers for iPhone, one of them even killed a person!

I other cases there is no risk, it would be just a battery with a bigger capacity.

marto7777

Sep 3, 2013
Is that a lot or not. I mean what was your usage. If you played battery hungry games it is nice. My I9195 is on battery for 2 days and 3 hours normal use ( nothing too draining ) and I still hace 34 %.

dborghouts

Aug 9, 2013
I hadn't used it very intensively. Just browsing, email, facebook and such. Just after I posted though percentage dropped to 34 within an hour. Also experienced a lot of lags and freezes yesterday. Not sure whether its the battery but that's the only thing I changed. I'm back to the OEM battery now to see if the lags are gone now. Usually I end up with 20 to 25% after a full days normal use, which isn't that bad so if the new battery doesn't turn out to be a success, no harm done really.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

utorn

Oct 5, 2013
I use a morphie extended battery case and it's cool. I don't have to take out the original battery that came with my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New battery is in. Result after first full charge...13hrs and 55% left

Hi

I would be very interested to know of any third-party extended batteries for the S4 mini and people's experiences of the same. I am looking to upgrade from my S2, but am waiting until there are bigger batteries available for the S4 Mini. As yet I have not seen any such batteries on ebay or the web in general.

Regards
    Midgeslayer
    Looks like the first replacement batteries are showing up for our S4 mini. 2500mAh does not sound bad.

But does anybody know how the battery is important for NFC to work properly? There must be a reason for Samsung to write "Near Field Communication" on the original battery.

Edit:
    Hm, seems like the antenna for NFC is located inside the battery. So no NFC with 3rd party replacements that do not integrate an NFC antenna.
    Hey man.

I'm heading back to university in a few weeks and can's stand my mini's horrible battery life :p
    Currently deciding between the zerolemon and mbuynow. It's been a few months and wanted to know what your experience is like at the moment with your 6500 mbuynow battery?

Reason I ask is of the price, which I'm a little skeptical about although £10 is a bargain and if the quality is fine may as well get it ;) (and avoid paying over 40$ once a zerolemon get's to my location)

Thanks!
    For £10 you can't go wrong, even after all this time with it. I'm not completely convinced that it is 6500 as it says it is but my old S4 battery would literally last maybe 4 hours of heavy use (it had been dropped in the loo, might have something to do with how atrociously poor the battery life was), this, however, still to this day easily gets me through the day with heavy usage with a fair amount to spare. Unfortunately I feel that the build quality of the bigger back pack isn't all that great though and seems a bit brittle, as mine has now cracked after a few hard drops and won't stay on all the time, so will need a replacement, but still, for £10 I'm really not complaining at all.
    I have bought 2 with wall charger. and write review that it was working as my 2 year batteries, than they sent me new 2 batteries with charger to change my review. so now I have 4 batteres with 2 charger and I'm using 1 battery 1 day and so on, after 1 year all batteries are inflated but still are working 3-4 hours screen on time. original batteries never inflated even after 3 years use.

You should stop using them right now they are damaged and a fire & safety hazard!