File manager for TF700

Search This thread

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
I've been using eStrongs file manager for a while on several devices. I like how you can access networked PCs and copy/move files. I've had good luck using that app with my new TF700 except for one feature. It doesn't see the microSD card. It does see the internal storage and calls it the ad card. Another of my devices has "ext_sd" as a file, which is the microSD, but the new Asus does not show it.

Is there a file manager that will let me access network drives and both the internal and microSD storage locations of the TF700?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
EStrongs does see the internal SD, just look under your favorites. They're also working on a complete new UI, which is much better on the tablet...

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
That makes it a little better. Is that the only way to see it? Is there a way to create a shortcut to that file location?

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
I have found that if I long press on the removable folder it gives me an option to create a shortcut. Makes it a little easier to get to.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
Try File Manager HD

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
I've been using eStrongs file manager for a while on several devices. I like how you can access networked PCs and copy/move files. I've had good luck using that app with my new TF700 except for one feature. It doesn't see the microSD card. It does see the internal storage and calls it the ad card. Another of my devices has "ext_sd" as a file, which is the microSD, but the new Asus does not show it.

Is there a file manager that will let me access network drives and both the internal and microSD storage locations of the TF700?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app

FX Explorer
for the win , made by XDA's tliebeck :good:

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
How do you guys find the WiFi transfer speeds within your home network with FX Explorer?

I use ES File Explorer and it's very slow (even with my other devices). I'm transfering mp3s from my desktop and it takes FOREVER. Since a Windows laptop transfers much, much faster in the same scenario I guess it's a problem with ES File Explorer or Android.

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
File Explorer FX absolutely is the best File Manager. It has an excellent UI and with the add ons, you can access the root (which is free) and your network and cloud (for less than a coffee). For those have not tried it before, give it a try.

I am having issues copying files into my removable SD card. I keep getting the same error, regardless of where I'm copying from. uploadfromtaptalk1359335629013.jpg

You can't know your limits until you exceed them.

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I use Total Commander and started to use SOlid Explorer recently. I might gice FX a whirl as well -- no use in missing out on a seemingly good app. ;)

Sent from a comfortable chair from the outer ring of Purgatory. The red guy asked me to say 'hi'.

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
How do you guys find the WiFi transfer speeds within your home network with FX Explorer?

I use ES File Explorer and it's very slow (even with my other devices). I'm transfering mp3s from my desktop and it takes FOREVER. Since a Windows laptop transfers much, much faster in the same scenario I guess it's a problem with ES File Explorer or Android.

i have only ever been able to hit 1.6-1.8MB/s (with any app) , ... anywhere around 2MB/s is considered acceptable and normal for 54G ...
if only Asus had given us N , and 2GB ram , and 1Terrabyte storage , and , and ... haha $2000 ...

what speed do you download on your laptop and what connection ? ie- 54g / 150n / 300n

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I am having issues copying files into my removable SD card. I keep getting the same error, regardless of where I'm copying from.View attachment 1682387

maybe check permissions and owners ... you can use same app with root module installed to change ... use the same as the storage that works...

alMMqHW.jpg

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
i have only ever been able to hit 1.6-1.8MB/s (with any app) , ... anywhere around 2MB/s is considered acceptable and normal for 54G ...
if only Asus had given us N , and 2GB ram , and 1Terrabyte storage , and , and ... haha $2000 ...

what speed do you download on your laptop and what connection ? ie- 54g / 150n / 300n

I can't tell what the actual speed it but there is below 1MB/s for sure. That's 1 foot away from my router (Asus RT-N66U). That speed is just unacceptable.
I'd have to check but I'm guessing it's 3-4MB/s on the laptop, a laptop that doesn't support wireless N.

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
I'm quite pleased with FX file explorer. Thanks for the recommendations!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    x-plore

x-plore 2 panels, with different cloud storage support, works well as a system app, small size, images and archives support, free.
    what other criteria are you looking for?