Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
Wait, there's FM now and a working front camera now? :p

I wish Cyanogen would hurry up with the Stagefright fix. For those who don't know, Stagefright (Froyo's media decoder) sucks horribly at AAC+ streams/files because it can't understand all of the data, so audio sounds like a 32kbps MP3. He had mentioned on his Twitter to someone that he was going to work an option into CM Settings to turn stagefright on and off (turning it off breaks m.youtube.com and lowers some benchmarks).

And yes, 4G, FM, HDMI, and front camera would be nice too. :D

Front facing camera works man, where have you been. You can remove the darkness by going into settings. Also the new release will not help cm6 in any shape or form whatsoever. You're right FM radio doesn't work either, didn't know anybody actually used that feature :)

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the 7/28 include the newer kernel based on netarchy's?

I'm still having the issue with my fps dipping below the 40's after an hour or 2 of use =/

I did cache and dalvik wipe coming from RC1.
    Those of you getting slugish results need to update their ADW settings (the defaults suck)

1) Screen Preferences - Desktop scrolling speed - set to something low-ish like 150-200, default settings are just plain moronic here. Desktop overshoot should be fine at 30 or 40.
    2) Drawer Settings - Horizontal Drawer definite on (this is far superior to the scrolling drawer if you have more than a few apps, and feels much smoother).
    3) Drawer Settings - Zoom effect speed - 400 is a decent setting, default was way too high.
    4) Drawer Settings - Columns/Rows - 4x4 is a nice setting for portrait, if you don't like a crammed screen.
    5) System Preferences - Wallpaper Hack - check this. If you have issues, change wallpapers to something of a sane size.
    6) System Preferences - Use Screen Cache - check this.
    7) System Preferences - Scrollable Widget support - you should start with this unchecked. Only check it if you have issues with some widgets. In my experience it didn't make a huge difference in performance or smoothness.

(info from Here)
    Yes for sure this latest build doesn't like setcpu at all. I ran ver 1.6 and 2.0 and both would cause the phone to reboot at anything over base. The higher the setting the shorter time before a reboot. Also noticed performance was way better without setcpu installed. I know guys won't want to hear it but better leave your overclock off for this one. I'm still managing a quadrant score of 1500+ and MPFLOPS of 45.