JWR66Y update for the Nexus 10?

Search This thread

AleCai

Aug 7, 2013
Just checked but still no updates for my N10, build JWR66V..I heard it's only a little security fix but I'm not sure about that :)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 usando Tapatalk 4

rootusr

Dec 5, 2010
nothing so far in my Nexus 10 or Nexus 4, but sounds like is real.. mostly bug fixes I guess.

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
Got it right now but installation failed because I had CWM touch recovery installed...

Now I can't get the update again...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 10 usando Tapatalk 2

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
I got it just now. Wouldn't update because I'd changed Velvet.apk now I can't get it again.

EDIT:

Ah, nice it was in cache like someone mentioned above. It is indeed JWR66Y

EDIT 2:

Copied it to the internal, flashed in TWRP. It said patching, removed root, but failed on flashing recovery.

I'll upload the file in a moment.

Last edited:

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
OK. If you guys get the update again, please look in your /cache folder and give us the filename before you try to install it. Once we have the filename, we can provide the link to the file on Google's server. That way, if you can't get it again, it won't matter because you can just download the file directly. Thanks!

Last edited:

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
Check above :)

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I couldn't sideload it using the stock recovery :/ It failed on "setperms"

I'll have to grab factory image and unpack it into a CWM zip at some point.

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
If anybody could make a zip for CWM thatd be awesome :good:

mine also fails at permissions - check this thread out seems to be figured out -http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745781&page=53

a line needs to be changed to #set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh"); because of the way the daemon is in supersu if somebody could whip up a manta zip like the ones they have were set

Last edited:

midnite_blue

Jul 13, 2013
Seattle
OK. If you guys get the update again, please look in your /cache folder and give us the filename before you try to install...

I have JWR66Y downloaded from Google and haven't installed it yet on my unrooted N10. Do you need to be rooted to see the files in the /cache directory?

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Here's where the action is on this topic:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2413535&page=15

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
So I ended up making my own zip for CWM, changed the line I mentioned above and removed the asserts. Worked fine here but flash at your own risk. Flashed supersu 1.51 after flashing the update and answered No to fixing the recovery.

**Only use if you are on Google's stock JWR66V odex hasn't been tested with other "stock" roms

Attachments

• 847b52d071443031e1addb3a54c4df75d29037ae.signed-mantaray-JWR66Y-from-JWR66V.847b52d0.zip
    2 MB · Views: 571
Last edited:

Jackietreehorn

Nov 4, 2008
So I ended up making my own zip for CWM, changed the line I mentioned above and removed the asserts. Worked fine here but flash at your own risk. Flashed supersu 1.51 after flashing the update and answered No to fixing the recovery.

So, it appears that it's a small security update, it'll remove root, and I can expect to have problems with it with TWRP. Nice. Got it early this afternoon, will have to mess with getting it working later.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
So, it appears that it's a small security update, it'll remove root, and I can expect to have problems with it with TWRP. Nice. Got it early this afternoon, will have to mess with getting it working later.

Dude, every OTA ever in history removes root and reflashes stock recovery. This isn't news. Just flash and then re-root. It's a Nexus. You can do that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

cosimoss

Dec 25, 2010
London
The 1.8MB OTA has arrived in UK:

7g30.jpg

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012

Will it work with twrp as well?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

**Only use if you are on Google's stock JWR66V odex hasn't been tested with other "stock" roms
    OK. If you guys get the update again, please look in your /cache folder and give us the filename before you try to install it. Once we have the filename, we can provide the link to the file on Google's server. That way, if you can't get it again, it won't matter because you can just download the file directly. Thanks!

Dude, every OTA ever in history removes root and reflashes stock recovery. This isn't news. Just flash and then re-root. It's a Nexus. You can do that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
    Will it work with twrp as well?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

It worked for me in twrp. No problems.
    For anyone still paying attention to this thread; I've conclusively found the source of my extreme memory leak; Chrome. I've disabled Chrome, installed AOSP Browser and not needed to reboot my N10 since. 97 hours uptime and only just slightly less than half RAM unused! I hated that browser before and now there's no going back!

Tablet has been much smoother, much more responsive and far less glitchy since I got rid of Chrome!