[Q] Exchange Email Duplicate Active Notifications

Search This thread

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
Problem: I have two exchange email accounts that I cannot swipe away from active notifications. I can swipe them away but they reappear shortly after. This does not occur with my gmail notifications.

I think I know what the problem is tied to but I cannot find a workaround or solution. I am using the exchange security bypass email apk. Its basically the stock email apk but with hacks so you don't have to set up security. I have had this problem 4.2.2 running the same apk. with eclipse rom based on 4.2.2. and now with eclipse based on 4.4.2. I am no longer using the email i used earlier from an xda thread because nitro put in his own email apk with security hack built in.

I have searched a lot and haven't found anything. I know that 4.4 had problems with exchange giving multiple notifications on nexus devices and others but I don't get multiple notifications on my notification bar, only on the active display.

Currently i have to unlock the phone and remove the email notification from my noti bar for it to stop showing up repeatedly in active notifications. I'm hoping there is a simple solution that i have just not found or a thread i couldn't find. I assure you that i searched for a long while on google and xda and other forums looking for answers and didn't find anything.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Vzw dev unlocked rooted eclipse 3.2.1 (most current version) stock kernel.

scorneil

Mar 3, 2011
Toronto
www.twitter.com
Problem: I have two exchange email accounts that I cannot swipe away from active notifications. I can swipe them away but they reappear shortly after. This does not occur with my gmail notifications.

I think I know what the problem is tied to but I cannot find a workaround or solution. I am using the exchange security bypass email apk. Its basically the stock email apk but with hacks so you don't have to set up security. I have had this problem 4.2.2 running the same apk. with eclipse rom based on 4.2.2. and now with eclipse based on 4.4.2. I am no longer using the email i used earlier from an xda thread because nitro put in his own email apk with security hack built in.

I have searched a lot and haven't found anything. I know that 4.4 had problems with exchange giving multiple notifications on nexus devices and others but I don't get multiple notifications on my notification bar, only on the active display.

Currently i have to unlock the phone and remove the email notification from my noti bar for it to stop showing up repeatedly in active notifications. I'm hoping there is a simple solution that i have just not found or a thread i couldn't find. I assure you that i searched for a long while on google and xda and other forums looking for answers and didn't find anything.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Vzw dev unlocked rooted eclipse 3.2.1 (most current version) stock kernel.

I can't help but have noticed the same.

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
Well at least I know its not just me Now. I haven't found anyone else talking about it and its such a pita to deal with that I thought it might just be something weird with my set up

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

mantis406

Apr 17, 2008
Milwaukee
Glad to hear I'm not alone here either. I'm using the stock email app (no security hack) and the notifications come back after dismissing. I thought there were a couple times that they went away after dismissing a few times, but I haven't been able to reproduce that in any consistent fashion.

Love to hear if anybody has a fix for this though.

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
Glad to hear I'm not alone here either. I'm using the stock email app (no security hack) and the notifications come back after dismissing. I thought there were a couple times that they went away after dismissing a few times, but I haven't been able to reproduce that in any consistent fashion.

Love to hear if anybody has a fix for this though.

I have never actually dismissed it that many times because I get pissed but I did read reports of stock email app on nexus giving multiple notifications for an email in the bar even after they swiped away the notification. Maybe they fixed that issue for them but it didn't fix active notification issues. If more people report it with the stock email app then maybe I'll try to talk to moto about the issue. It just doesn't seem like it is possible that its that wide spread and not really anyone has complained yet.

Last edited:

mantis406

Apr 17, 2008
Milwaukee
Here's a potential resolution/workaround. I just came across AcDisplay (also available in the Play store), which adds some great features to the Active Display and seems to fully dismiss the Exchange notifications. I just started using it today based on a recommendation from a friend that also has an X and so far so good.