Original Note and Galaxy gear

Search This thread

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
The Galaxy gear is being blown out and can now be had for under a $100. Our notes are not officially supported but has anyone successfully paired these two?

I haven't considered a smart watch up until now...but at this price, I would bite just to fool around with it if I knew there was some custom rom that could make it work.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
The Galaxy gear is being blown out and can now be had for under a $100. Our notes are not officially supported but has anyone successfully paired these two?

I haven't considered a smart watch up until now...but at this price, I would bite just to fool around with it if I knew there was some custom rom that could make it work.

Yes I have paired the two. Not everything will fully work though. If the i717 had a 4.3 touchwiz rom, everything would work. Unfortunately the i717 only has a 4.1.2 touchwiz rom. I've tried pairing with 4.1.2 and can only get the phone, and media player working. No weather, no s-voice, or notifications. If you pick a 4.3 or higher rom you can follow this thread about pairing with the nexus 5. It will walk you thru the process of installing all the apps properly to get notifications working. You can also install a custom rom onto the gear. As long as your comfortable with tethering data over bluetooth to your watch, It's highly recomended! It's like having a fully functioning android phone in your watch!!!

Reactions: crutzulee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes I have paired the two. Not everything will fully work though. If the i717 had a 4.3 touchwiz rom, everything would work. Unfortunately the i717 only has a 4.1.2 touchwiz rom. I've tried pairing with 4.1.2 and can only get the phone, and media player working. No weather, no s-voice, or notifications. If you pick a 4.3 or higher rom you can follow this thread about pairing with the nexus 5. It will walk you thru the process of installing all the apps properly to get notifications working. You can also install a custom rom onto the gear. As long as your comfortable with tethering data over bluetooth to your watch, It's highly recomended! It's like having a fully functioning android phone in your watch!!!