[FIX] CSC File for Knox 0x0 4.4.2 (Fix for factory reset or buggy phone)

Search This thread
UPDATE: MOP Just updated to support, so you could probably reflash the ROM in step 3 below, and that should fix this issue. You can also just push the CSC.tar to the phone and use MOP to fix if you ever do a factory reset, as 60MB is a lot less than 2GB

Long Story Short: If you were DLG Rooted (Knox 0x0) and upgraded to 4.4.2 with Mobile Odin Pro (Everroot) and flashing the Bootloader in Odin, before reboot, and your phone is acting strange or you wiped/factory reset your phone and lost stability, flash the CSC.tar file in Odin, and it should fix it for you. [Can also be flashed before you wipe/factory reset, and may fix your problem, eliminating the need to wipe, as it did for me]

Proof Below [Screen shot and photo of Knox status]

Following this thread I was able to go from a De La Vega Knox 4.3 Knox 0x0 to 4.4.2 with root, and Knox still at 0x0 [See images below].However, I was having issues with some things, so against the recommendations in that thread, I wiped the cache. Well this ballsed up the phone quite well. Keyboard didn't work, action memo stopped, and just wasn't happy. Next, against better advice (BIG RED WARNING IN APP) I tried to reflash the stock ROM with Mobile Odin Pro....

Bootlooped my phone, Called in a warranty replacement, that came in today. I then did the following:

1) De La Vega Root Method
2) Copy new Stock Rom to Root of Phone
3) Flash with Mobile Odin Pro (Keeping Root), and set to reboot in to Download Mode
4) In Odin (Desktop Version) Flash the File in post 3 of the thread I mentioned at the start
5) Reboot phone
6) Flash the CSC.tar [Link] in Odin (Desktop Version) <-- I had to do this step, as while keyboard was working, the phone just felt buggy. Settings crashed and was just unhappy

25j9kp4.jpg
http://tinypic.com/r/2vbmwed/8<---Bigger pic

2dwc4u8.jpg
http://tinypic.com/r/2dwc4u8/8

Mediafire link to CSC.tar

Credit:
designgears for RDLV
joetzzz for the 4.4.2 Bootloader
Dreamgun for starting the other thread
krishsastry for the first readable translation from the german website posted by Dreamgum
Chainfire for SU and MOP
And anyone else I missed (Did a bunch of research on how to extract the cache and convert to tar Odin flashable)

Last edited:

drExel

Feb 4, 2007
Bronx, Ny
3) Flash with Mobile Odin Pro (Keeping Root), and set to reboot in to Download Mode
4) In Odin (Desktop Version) Flash the File in post 3 of the thread I mentioned at the start
5) Reboot phone
6) Flash the CSC.tar [Link] in Odin (Desktop Version) <-- I had to do this step, as while keyboard was working, the phone just felt buggy. Settings crashed and was just unhappy

nygman, thank you for taking this plunge as I was thinking of doing the same for the sake of Science!
I am going to try this tonight; some questions for clarity on your process, if you please:

Step #2 - Are you referring to this file: N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5 [Size: 2.07 GB (2,230,825,042 bytes)] ?

Step #3 - Are you using the same MOP settings as referenced in the original German thread?
EverRoot
Inject SuperSU
Inject MobileOdin
Wipe Dalvik Cache

Step #5 - When you reboot the phone - do you IMMEDIATELY go into DOWNLOAD mode to initiate step #6 or should I boot the phone normally see how things are and determine if my flash results in sluggish/buggy/fc's as you were experiencing before proceeding to final step?

Regards,

Last edited:
nygman, thank you for taking this plunge as I was thinking of doing the same for the sake of Science!
I am going to try this tonight; some questions for clarity on your process, if you please:

Step #2 - Are you referring to this file: N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5 [Size: 2.07 GB (2,230,825,042 bytes)] ?

That's the one

Step #3 - Are you using the same MOP settings as referenced in the original German thread?
EverRoot
Inject SuperSU
Inject MobileOdin
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Yes

Step #5 - When you reboot the phone - do you IMMEDIATELY go into DOWNLOAD mode to initiate step #6 or should I boot the phone normally see how things are and determine if my flash results in sluggish/buggy/fc's as you were experiencing before proceeding to final step?

I would wait and see how it is. Let it reboot, try the keyboard, create and save a new action memo, and go to settings, input, and see if you can change the handwriting language. When I completed step 5, I had issues with action memo and settings, not keyboard. If it works, I would leave it, but both times I have done this, the phone felt buggy after, only to become unusable after a factory reset. The CSC file should fix this. It did for me, so I posted it, Hoping to help others fix theirs should the same issue or others arises.

One last thing I forgot to note, this is for the T-Mobile SM-N900T.

Last edited:
Reactions: drExel

drExel

Feb 4, 2007
Bronx, Ny
Success is a Wonderful Story

I followed this guide directly.

After the initial boot at Step #5, tested keyboard and it seemed okay.
But attempting to access Action Memo caused a FC. As well as attempting to access Language in Settings.
After flashing the provided .CSC - no issues.

I am now at 4.4.2 w/root! :D

Knox Kernel Lock and Warranty Status remained: 0x0

Note: System Status reflected as "Custom" -- I know this can be reset to "Official" -- I think using Wanam?

Thank you again!

Regards,

Reactions: nygmam

But attempting to access Action Memo caused a FC. As well as attempting to access Language in Settings.

Note: System Status reflected as "Custom" -- I know this can be reset to "Official" -- I think using Wanam?

Thank you again!

Regards,

Great news, glad it helped hopefully it helps others. Enjoy your new KitKat rooted Knox 0x0 status!

Thanks. I just got the MOP update and it now supports 4.4 on this phone so you could probably just reflash the full ROM again in MOP as above and fix issues. However, I still think this is a good post, as now I have this CSC.tar file on my phone, so if I factory reset, I can flash this file on the phone and revive the phone easily. Plus it is smaller than the 2GB ROM, which fees up space. I will update post 1 later today to reflect this option.

Reactions: Alex9090

j.r1105

Jan 20, 2011
Texas
Thanks NYGMAM for this info, I was able to successfully update, root and now I'm on stock T-Mobile N900T 4.4.2, fully rooted and the Knox warranty is still on 0X0 and the Device Status is still on Official mode.
Phone is working fine so far and I didn't have to use the CSC. tar file.
Great info. ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-22-14-26-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-22-14-26-30.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Screenshot_2014-03-22-14-28-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-22-14-28-26.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

sfwasabi

Jan 20, 2008
I confirm, my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T is rooted to Android 4.4.2 KitKat without tripping Knox. Knox is at 0x0.

I successfully did it following only this thread without having to read the German website.

These instructions require your phone to ALREADY be rooted. It allows you to KEEP the Root access you already have and upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat without losing your Root access. Your phone must be rooted FIRST!

REQUIREMENTS:
1- Purchase and install Mobile Odin Pro from the Google Play Store.
2- Download Odin that has the BL (bootloader) button from http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2551152&d=1391196733
3-
A) IF YOU HAVE A US T-MOBILE Galaxy Note 3 N900T, THEN download the Bootloader (N900TUVUCNB4_BL.rar) referenced in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50963302

OR

B) If you DO NOT have a US T-MOBILE Galaxy Note 3 N900T, then the Bootloader above will not work for you. You must build your own using the German instructions at http://www.mobtivity.com/de/news/galaxy-note-3-update-auf-android-kitkat-mit-root-und-knox-0x0.html You can go to http://translate.google.com and copy that link into the input box and press the button to have Google translate the website for you.

4- Download N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5 Size: 2.07 GB (2,230,825,042 bytes)]
5- Download CSC.tar referenced at the top of this thread.

N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5 will be copied to your phone and used by Mobile Odin. All other files will be used by Desktop Odin on your computer.

OVERVIEW:
When you upgrade to the stock KitKat ROM without following the instructions in a guide like this, you will lose Root.

This guide allows you instead to hijack the phone before it finishes booting to install a custom BootLoader which put Root back into the phone before the phone finishes the first boot.

The settings you put into Mobile Odin will perform 2 functions. 1. It flashes the 4.4.3 Kit Kat ROM onto the phone and 2. IT SETS THE PHONE TO REBOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE (<-IMPORTANT!!!) and NOT to reboot normally.

Once KitKat is flashed, Mobile Odin reboots the phone into DOWNLOAD MODE, THEN you can use Desktop Odin, CHECK AutoReboot AND Phone BootLoader Update, to insert a custom bootloader which will allow you to keep root.

Once the bootloader is flashed, the phone will boot up normally. I immediately shut the phone down, put it into download mode, and flashed the CSC.tar file into the CSC button on Desktop Odin with the only option checked is AutoReboot.

STEPS:

1) Safety: Remove your SDCard, backup your phone, etc.

2) De La Vega Root Method (<- Skip if your phone has already been rooted)

Since my phone had already been rooted with the Root De La Vega method and was running Jellybean, I skipped Step 1.

3) Copy new Stock Rom to Root of Phone (N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5 [Size: 2.07 GB (2,230,825,042 bytes)])

Your phone needs to be rooted before you can copy the ROM to your phone. My phone would not allow me to copy the file to the root directory (/), so I copied it to the sdcard directory (/sdcard)

4) Flash with Mobile Odin Pro (Keeping Root), and set to reboot in to Download Mode

Start Mobile Odin Pro:
i) Scroll to Open File... and click it.
ii) Find the N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5 file from whatever directory you copied it to on your phone.
iii) Scroll to EVERROOT and ensure the following are checked
a. Enable EverRoot
b. Inject Superuser
c. Inject Mobile ODIN
iv) Scroll to WIPE
a. Ensure "Wipe Dalvik cache" is checked
v) Scroll to After wipe... and click it.
vi) Select Download mode and click the back button.
viii) Leave all other settings as they are.
iv) Scroll up to where it says "Wipe Start the wipe procedure" and click it.

This will flash KitKat onto the phone and reboot the phone into Download mode. Once the phone is in Download mode...

5) In Odin (Desktop Version) Flash the File in post 3 of the thread I mentioned at the start
i. Open ODIN on your computer.
ii. Verify your phone is connected to your computer and recognized by Odin with a COM Port number under ID:COM and ADDED! message in the messages window.
iii. Check Auto Reboot
iii. Click the BL button and select the bootloader from wherever you saved it on your computer.
a) If you are using the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 N900T, use the N900TUVUCNB4_BL.rar bootloader referenced above.
b) If you are not, use the bootloader you created following the German instructions.
iv. Check Phone Bootloader Update.
v. Verify everything looks like http://www.mobtivity.com/images/news/Tutorials/Note3-Knox0/Odin.jpg and click Start button.

6) Phone will reboot. Then turn it off and set it to download mode ( Press Power, Home and Volume Down buttons at the same time).

7) Once the phone is in download mode...
i. Open ODIN on your computer.
ii. Verify your phone is connected to your computer and recognized by Odin with a COM Port number under ID:COM and ADDED! message in the messages window.
iii. Check Auto Reboot
iv. Click the CSC button and select the CSC.tar file from wherever you saved it on your computer.
v. Verify that only Auto Reboot is checked, and all buttons are blank except for the CSC.tar file beside the CSC button, then click Start.

After CSC is flashed, phone will reboot into KitKat with Root! Give the phone a little time for everything to load. Checkroot gave me a heart attack by stating I didn't have root access, but it was only because the phone hadn't fully booted up yet!

cnn888

Dec 13, 2008
i wonder if this will work on galaxy s5 (exynos edition). i really want to root my phone but dont want to trip the knox... please help
thanks.

hamsup1o

Mar 12, 2005
Getting a bunch of FCs after updating to NE6. Can I try flashing this CSC or is this specific to NB4? TIA

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jacodaburr

Oct 8, 2012
Seattle
Getting a bunch of FCs after updating to NE6. Can I try flashing this CSC or is this specific to NB4? TIA

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely certain what the CSC file is for, but seeing as how I went straight MI7 to NE6 I made a CSC for NE6 especially since my phone was saying the CSC version was NB4 (so yes, NB4 will work, but it will not be the version of the NE6 ROM). My phone is working well, no FCs my Direct Input works, Samsung Keyboard works, haven't had any issue with an app yet, only lag I've experience was when I was restore my backup texts, but that's 12k+ so yeah. Anyways, this CSC is taken directly from the stock ROM N900TUVUDNE6_N900TTMBDNE6_N900TUVUDNE6

CSC 4.4.2 NE6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: MOP Just updated to support, so you could probably reflash the ROM in step 3 below, and that should fix this issue. You can also just push the CSC.tar to the phone and use MOP to fix if you ever do a factory reset, as 60MB is a lot less than 2GB

Long Story Short: If you were DLG Rooted (Knox 0x0) and upgraded to 4.4.2 with Mobile Odin Pro (Everroot) and flashing the Bootloader in Odin, before reboot, and your phone is acting strange or you wiped/factory reset your phone and lost stability, flash the CSC.tar file in Odin, and it should fix it for you. [Can also be flashed before you wipe/factory reset, and may fix your problem, eliminating the need to wipe, as it did for me]

Proof Below [Screen shot and photo of Knox status]

Following this thread I was able to go from a De La Vega Knox 4.3 Knox 0x0 to 4.4.2 with root, and Knox still at 0x0 [See images below].However, I was having issues with some things, so against the recommendations in that thread, I wiped the cache. Well this ballsed up the phone quite well. Keyboard didn't work, action memo stopped, and just wasn't happy. Next, against better advice (BIG RED WARNING IN APP) I tried to reflash the stock ROM with Mobile Odin Pro....

Bootlooped my phone, Called in a warranty replacement, that came in today. I then did the following:

5) Reboot phone

25j9kp4.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/r/2vbmwed/8<---Bigger pic

2dwc4u8.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/r/2dwc4u8/8

Mediafire link to CSC.tar

Credit:
    designgears for RDLV
    joetzzz for the 4.4.2 Bootloader
    Dreamgun for starting the other thread
    krishsastry for the first readable translation from the german website posted by Dreamgum
    Chainfire for SU and MOP
    And anyone else I missed (Did a bunch of research on how to extract the cache and convert to tar Odin flashable)

That's the one

EverRoot
    Inject SuperSU
    Inject MobileOdin
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Yes

I would wait and see how it is. Let it reboot, try the keyboard, create and save a new action memo, and go to settings, input, and see if you can change the handwriting language. When I completed step 5, I had issues with action memo and settings, not keyboard. If it works, I would leave it, but both times I have done this, the phone felt buggy after, only to become unusable after a factory reset. The CSC file should fix this. It did for me, so I posted it, Hoping to help others fix theirs should the same issue or others arises.

One last thing I forgot to note, this is for the T-Mobile SM-N900T.
    Success is a Wonderful Story

Thank you again!

Regards,

Thanks. I just got the MOP update and it now supports 4.4 on this phone so you could probably just reflash the full ROM again in MOP as above and fix issues. However, I still think this is a good post, as now I have this CSC.tar file on my phone, so if I factory reset, I can flash this file on the phone and revive the phone easily. Plus it is smaller than the 2GB ROM, which fees up space. I will update post 1 later today to reflect this option.