Mesh back cover

Search This thread

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Yup. I ordered the android green one today now that I've seen it. Might get the aqua one too if it comes down from $6

Sent from my Att Atrix 4g unlocked.

G-Man.

Nov 15, 2010
Laramie, WY
Just used my ebay bucks to purchase this - had two days left to spend them lol. Thanks OP for the info! Looking forward to getting this - too bad it comes from hong kong.... shipping takes forever!

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Search ebay for atrix mesh and you will see a bunch of color choices

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Will probably pick one up. The cool thing about ordering from Hong Kong is usually it takes so long you forgot you ordered it...and when the package arrives, its like christmas :cool:

dragunbayne

Jul 3, 2008
Probably hasn't been long enough for anyone to get these, but they look great. They look to be a good alternative to the ruggedized back cover from Moto. It looks to me like this might work with the docks if the the sleeve is taken out, kind of like with the Moto covers. Anyone care to confirm or speculate with me?

Edit: Also look at this link, 3 of them in 3 different colors for $3.92: LOOK!

Last edited:
Reactions: metk@ and fincan

madquack

May 12, 2010
Awesome, I just ordered 3 of these, I have been looking for something simple like this for months! Excellent post OP. I owe you a case of beer if you're old enough. Way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
That link didn't work for me. Might want a few more for that price.

fincan

Dec 9, 2007
around VA
I received mine today, although cannot take pictures since I need something other than my Atrix to do that. But, it fits in car dock with the small plate on the dock removed. It is a tight fit but it fits and the clamp closes, unlike the Incipio case. Just because of that this instantly became my favorite case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered one of these and I love it. Perfect fit and super light. Just wanted to share. Best $2 I've spent in a while

cgi.ebay.com/HARD-MESH-CASE-COVER-MOTOROLA-ATRIX-4G-MB860-BLACK-/250856567531?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a683772eb

Hey Guys n Gals,

So I ordered the same kind of mesh back case but from another Ebay seller. This one offers 5 colors for $5.40 free shipping. I thought, hey for a couple of bucks more, I get another 2 colors :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12075796177...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2442wt_1037

So 2 1/2 weeks later, they arrived at my front door, and I couldn't be any happier :D They all look very nice, all feels great and the designs are very well done. Colors are very vivid and don't look faded or cheap either. Everybody who saw them praise the good looks it gave to the phone. It also protects the phone just like other partial case do.

Another good thing with these cases is that it is slimmer than the Incipio Feather case. I felt the difference when I first held the phone with the new mesh case, and I feel awkward, like when I first held the phone 'naked', which means these cases are quite slimmer/thinner than the Feather.

Material wise, it is a smooth, clean, durable plastic material. It is quite flexible, but bending it too much will snap it no doubt. They molded these cases perfectly, and despite the flexibility, they snap in place perfectly.

My only real setback to them is that it does not have any grip to it. What I mean is that there is no rubbery grip feeling to the cases, like my old Incipio Feather case. Technically, these cases are not even made of or coated in rubber, they are just very smooth plastic cases with very little hint of rubber on it. So with them on, the phone is actually even more slippery than without any case on. I had to change the way I hold the phone to ensure I don't let it slip. However, once you get used to it, it just feels normal. I am thinking of getting some clear rubber coating paint, n spray some onto the back of the cases just to give them some grip. Just a spray or two.

Oh, and another thing that is not considered a setback, but just a flaw in design, is their back speaker cutout. As you will see in the pictures I'll be posting, you can see that the speaker cutout is much smaller/slimmer compared to the Feather, which follows the standard size cutout. So a very slim section of the back speaker is partially blocked by the case, which does not affect sound quality whatsoever. The reason for this is that the bottom lip of these mesh cases do not go as high as the Feather's, which covers about half of the bottom of the phone. These mesh cases have identical top and bottom design, which means there is no protection for the bottom of the phone, except at the corners.

Finally, here are many, many High-Res pics of the cases I got. I have 5 colors: White, Black, Red, Blue, and Yellow. Do note that the red is Deep dark red in color and not orange like, although some pictures seem to have a hue of orange, that is just because of the white balance. Also note that both blue and red are somewhat shiny in appearance, whereas black, white and yellow are just matte.

Packaging
    DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

My Phone
    DSCN3541.jpg

Phone with Incipio Feather Case
    DSCN3549.jpg

DSCN3551.jpg

DSCN3552.jpg

DSCN3553.jpg

Group Shots
    DSCN3554.jpg

DSCN3555.jpg

DSCN3585.jpg

Side by Side Comparisons

DSCN3556.jpg

DSCN3557.jpg

DSCN3558.jpg

DSCN3559.jpg

(notice the difference in the speaker cutout size)
    DSCN3560.jpg

DSCN3562.jpg

(notice how the bottom lip of the Incipio Feather is much higher compared to the mesh case, which is just flat)
    DSCN3563.jpg

Individual shots

DSCN3561.jpg

DSCN3575.jpg

DSCN3576.jpg

DSCN3564.jpg

DSCN3572.jpg

DSCN3573.jpg

DSCN3574.jpg

DSCN3570.jpg

DSCN3566.jpg

DSCN3567.jpg

DSCN3568.jpg

DSCN3569.jpg

DSCN3578.jpg

DSCN3580.jpg

DSCN3581.jpg

DSCN3582.jpg

DSCN3583.jpg

DSCN3584.jpg

Hopefully these pictures and my little review comes in handy for all of you. If they are, please click on the thanks button as well :)
    Probably hasn't been long enough for anyone to get these, but they look great. They look to be a good alternative to the ruggedized back cover from Moto. It looks to me like this might work with the docks if the the sleeve is taken out, kind of like with the Moto covers. Anyone care to confirm or speculate with me?

Edit: Also look at this link, 3 of them in 3 different colors for $3.92: LOOK!
    i bought the same exact one a couple days ago! waiting for it. pretty excited. looks like the feather case but 3194193121x cheaper
    Id like to see pics of this in white.

It replaces the insert with one with a wider groove for the phone to sit in. When you just remove the insert to use a case the dock not only looks ugly; you give up the support provided (that keeps the phone propped up) and put a lot of stress on the ports on the phone.

Sent from my Atrix

here it is, you can see it doesn't entirely protect the phone, but it looks sleek and i love the level of two tone it brings.

also with the cheapness of one of these you can just order another battery door for if you mess yours up.