Sim card unlock Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305

Search This thread

LucasBass

Mar 11, 2013
London
Hi, I have a Samsung galaxy S3 GT-i9305 which is locked on EE, United Kingdom. Can someone help me to unlock it for free. I don't want to pay for something that can be done for free. I am on rooted stock Jelly bean 4.1.2. Another thing voodoo galaxy S3 Sim unlock and all free unlocking app on Google play doesn't work and also these instructions doesn't work cause the last option is not available.

Put a different SIM to your own into the handset and then turn off the handset and switch it back on with that SIM inside.
Go to the dial pad on your phone and then type in *#197328640#.
Head over to the Main Menu of the device > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > and wait for around 30 seconds.
You should then head to Menu and choose Back, where you will come across the Network Lock. Choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
Enter *#197328640#.

Can someone help me please?

EDIT 12/27/2013 (Working for 4.3 and up too) See Feedback
Follow these instructions to unlock your phone. It worked for me.

Edit 19/02/16 I just tried this trick on a friend's I9305 right now, and it worked fine. Don't know why you guys are getting problems downgrading, I was able to downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.1.1 without a hitch.

First you need to downgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1.
Download the 4.1.1 firmware from the link below or find another one on sammobile
It is the stock 4.1.1 for S3 GT-i9305 (LTE) United kingdom (EE)

I got the firmware from http://sammobile.com/
http://terafile.co/e729d5704241/I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_EVR.zip
there's also another link at the bottom of this guide

Boot into download mode, flash the downloaded firmware through ODIN or Mobile odin if Odin fails.
Here is instructions on how to flash the firmware with Odin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

Then use these instruction to unlock your phone.

Put a different SIM into the handset.
Turn off the handset and switch it back on with that SIM inside.
Head over to the Main Menu of the device > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > and wait for around 30 seconds.
You should then head to Menu and choose Back, where you will come across the Network Lock. Choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
Enter *#197328640#.

That's it your phone is now unlocked. You can use any sim card.
You can update, Root, flash custom and stock rom and everything you want. It will stay unlocked
This is the method I used to unlock my phone. I downgraded from 4.1.2 (the latest at that time) to 4.1.1.
Feedback is always appreciated. Do comment whether it worked or not for you. There's an amazing community here ready to help.

Here's another repository for I9305 firmware. downloaded the UK (EE) one and the trick worked fine on 19/02/16
http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/inde...-iii-lte-firmwares&catid=55:samsung&Itemid=82

Last edited:

LucasBass

Mar 11, 2013
London
Can' I upgrade

Thanks, I have successfully downgraded to 4.1.1. and have also successfully unlocked my phone using the instructions above. Now I want to upgrade it, If i upgrade it will it lock my phone again?? If yes, Does someone have a solution to upgrade without locking my phone again?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lop3

lite426

Jul 31, 2012
London
Hi lucas, I'm in the same scenario. Can you tell me which rom you flashed/link to where you got it? So I can unlock mine too.

And if I want to upgrade back to the latest unbranded UK stock rom for the i9305 where would I find that?

abbaskip

Oct 6, 2010
Re: unlocking samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9305

Just downgrade to any branded firmware, unlock, then head over to the xda developer forum to upgrade to the unbranded ROM of your choice

tigercorp

Jun 18, 2010
Dunedin
Thanks, I have downgraded successfully to 4.1.1. and have also successfully unlocked my phone. Now I want to upgrade it, If i upgrade it will it lock my phone again?? If yes, Does someone have a solution to upgrade without locking my phone again?

Can you please confirm exactly which firmware you used and what method you used to downgrade? My phone's a UK T-Mobile locked I9305 on stock 4.1.2 and it gets stuck in a boot loop no matter which 4.1.1 firmware I try.

The one I'd expect to work is I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_EVR found here - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I9305&pcode=EVR#firmware - but its definitely a no go. I also tried a couple of other random 4.1.1 ROMs from sammobile but got the same result. But when I flash a stock 4.1.2 from sammobile its always successful.

The background so far
- from stock 4.1.2 I applied the CF-Auto-Root, installed Mobile Odin Pro and tried to flash I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5 but got the boot loop.
- tried flashing from desktop Odin but while it says "successful" it still caught in the boot loop.
- downloaded and flashed the stock 4.1.2 ROM using desktop Odin which works fine (every time)
- tried downloading and flashing two other 4.1.1 ROMS for different countries using desktop Odin but get stuck in the boot loop
- flashed the stock 4.1.2 then the 'old' CF-Root so I could get CWM Recovery and tried applying 4.1.1 from within CWM. Here the error message "e:signature not verified" can be seen when it tries to update.

If anyone's got any ideas from here, I'd appreciate them...

slip666knot

Oct 9, 2007
When you flash the firmware 4.1.1 remove the battery, enter stock recovery and then wipe data and cache... The phone should boot!

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Can you please confirm exactly which firmware you used and what method you used to downgrade? My phone's a UK T-Mobile locked I9305 on stock 4.1.2 and it gets stuck in a boot loop no matter which 4.1.1 firmware I try.

The one I'd expect to work is I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_EVR found here - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I9305&pcode=EVR#firmware - but its definitely a no go. I also tried a couple of other random 4.1.1 ROMs from sammobile but got the same result. But when I flash a stock 4.1.2 from sammobile its always successful.

The background so far
- from stock 4.1.2 I applied the CF-Auto-Root, installed Mobile Odin Pro and tried to flash I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5 but got the boot loop.
- tried flashing from desktop Odin but while it says "successful" it still caught in the boot loop.
- downloaded and flashed the stock 4.1.2 ROM using desktop Odin which works fine (every time)
- tried downloading and flashing two other 4.1.1 ROMS for different countries using desktop Odin but get stuck in the boot loop
- flashed the stock 4.1.2 then the 'old' CF-Root so I could get CWM Recovery and tried applying 4.1.1 from within CWM. Here the error message "e:signature not verified" can be seen when it tries to update.

If anyone's got any ideas from here, I'd appreciate them...

You've missed most important thing. FACTORY RESET fhs....

Reactions: ksrlokesh89

tigercorp

Jun 18, 2010
Dunedin
When you flash the firmware 4.1.1 remove the battery, enter stock recovery and then wipe data and cache... The phone should boot!

Thanks for that. I was doing a factory reset from recovery every time before flashing 4.1.1 but what has worked is doing it immediately AFTER as well.

So my exact working steps were:
- factory reset from recovery, flash from desktop Odin, remove battery while rebooting after flashing, another factory reset from recovery.

FWIW - using CWM just wasn't working for me at all. Was getting "E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad) Installation aborted" which google-fu suggests is a bad download, but the same download worked fine for the Odin flash.

ksrlokesh89

Apr 15, 2013
no dont update

Thanks, I have downgraded successfully to 4.1.1. and have also successfully unlocked my phone. Now I want to upgrade it, If i upgrade it will it lock my phone again?? If yes, Does someone have a solution to upgrade without locking my phone again?

hi friend i have unlocked UK 3 netwrk 4.0.4 S3 mobile when i updated to 4.1.2 it become locked again and i cant unlock it also so please dont update ur mobile till u get Unlock trick for the new version.
and pls help me coming to probem i downgraded to 4.0.4 through odin but i cant unlock using the trick which u posted here... hw do u unlocked ur ph with 4.1.1 version. please let me know.. plssssssssssssss

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Thanks for that. I was doing a factory reset from recovery every time before flashing 4.1.1 but what has worked is doing it immediately AFTER as well.

So my exact working steps were:
- factory reset from recovery, flash from desktop Odin, remove battery while rebooting after flashing, another factory reset from recovery.

FWIW - using CWM just wasn't working for me at all. Was getting "E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad) Installation aborted" which google-fu suggests is a bad download, but the same download worked fine for the Odin flash.

pls let me know what do u mean by "factory reset from recovery" can u pls explain me, my mobile is dead for past one month. help me to recover my mobile.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

No, it'll stay unlocked. You can upgrade to any rom, stock or custom. It's up to you ;) I'm glad I could help. ;)

Hit the Button and you're welcome ;)

hi i have s3 unlocked ph 4.0.4 wen i upgarded to 4.1.2 again it get locked and i tried the trick which is posted here to unlock my mobile but that one is not wrked bcoz am geting diff kind of menu, so i downgraded to old version 4.0.4 again, but am stil geting same menu and i cant unlock my mobile, so pls help me to unlock my mobile. plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ksrlokesh89

Apr 15, 2013
thanks, bt stil my mob is locked

Don't use ISC 4.0.4!!! Install JB 4.1.1, unlock your phone and flash latest 4.1.2 afterwards. ;)
thanks for the reply :good: , i installed 4.1.1 but still m geting diff kind of menu only am not getting this kind of menu

Main Menu
[1] UMTS
[1] Debug Screen
[8] Phone Control
[6] Network Lock
Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF
(after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in
[6] Network Lock then choose
[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your ph.

then, i downgraded to 4.0.4 also but stil my ph is showing the diff kind of menu only... plz hlp me to unlock my ph, m getting mad :crying: :crying: ... plzzzz hlp...
(PS : in new kind of menu after selecting "Network lock" option am getting menu does not exist. )

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Screenshots please. How can I help you if I don't really know what is happening with your phone. Did you performed F.Reset after downgrading?
Are you getting this menu after dialing *#197328640#????? uploadfromtaptalk1366190504102.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ksrlokesh89

ksrlokesh89

Apr 15, 2013
hlp me to unlock s3

Screenshots please. How can I help you if I don't really know what is happening with your phone. Did you performed F.Reset after downgrading?
Are you getting this menu after dialing *#197328640#?????View attachment 1890126

thanku vry much for ur reply, here i am attaching the shapshot of my mobile.

Before and after downgrading i did Factory restore .

And i am very sorry my mobile model is GT-I9300 which i bought in UK -3 Network. ( just now i noticed this forum is for I9305).

Do i need to Rooting or custom ROM installation or sumting like that?

PS shopshot order 1)mainmenu--> 2) debug screen --> 3)Phone Control--> 4)menu does not exist

Attachments

• snapshot.JPG
    snapshot.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,463
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have a Samsung galaxy S3 GT-i9305 which is locked on EE, United Kingdom. Can someone help me to unlock it for free. I don't want to pay for something that can be done for free. I am on rooted stock Jelly bean 4.1.2. Another thing voodoo galaxy S3 Sim unlock and all free unlocking app on Google play doesn't work and also these instructions doesn't work cause the last option is not available.

Put a different SIM to your own into the handset and then turn off the handset and switch it back on with that SIM inside.
    Enter *#197328640#.

Can someone help me please?

EDIT 12/27/2013 (Working for 4.3 and up too) See Feedback
    Follow these instructions to unlock your phone. It worked for me.

Edit 19/02/16 I just tried this trick on a friend's I9305 right now, and it worked fine. Don't know why you guys are getting problems downgrading, I was able to downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.1.1 without a hitch.

First you need to downgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1.
    Download the 4.1.1 firmware from the link below or find another one on sammobile
    It is the stock 4.1.1 for S3 GT-i9305 (LTE) United kingdom (EE)

I got the firmware from http://sammobile.com/
    http://terafile.co/e729d5704241/I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_EVR.zip
    there's also another link at the bottom of this guide

Boot into download mode, flash the downloaded firmware through ODIN or Mobile odin if Odin fails.
    Here is instructions on how to flash the firmware with Odin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

Then use these instruction to unlock your phone.

Put a different SIM into the handset.
    Turn off the handset and switch it back on with that SIM inside.
    Enter *#197328640#.

That's it your phone is now unlocked. You can use any sim card.
    You can update, Root, flash custom and stock rom and everything you want. It will stay unlocked
    This is the method I used to unlock my phone. I downgraded from 4.1.2 (the latest at that time) to 4.1.1.
    Feedback is always appreciated. Do comment whether it worked or not for you. There's an amazing community here ready to help.

Here's another repository for I9305 firmware. downloaded the UK (EE) one and the trick worked fine on 19/02/16
    http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/inde...-iii-lte-firmwares&catid=55:samsung&Itemid=82

No, it'll stay unlocked. You can upgrade to any rom, stock or custom. It's up to you ;) I'm glad I could help. ;)

Hit the Button and you're welcome ;)

You need to downgrade JB to 4.1.1 if you want to use the Trick ;)
    solution for those with 4.3 or above roms

hello and tanx for the method
    i have a good news for pepole with 4.3 and higher roms. you dont need to downgrade your roms. all you have to do is to install a modem from android 4.1 (like XXALI5.zip link=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/ffVasYQxOLJgSLioGrKJ6i9imGSAf9DHLDmpymCNByGp7eAUaXGW1iMKGxknzRno/file?dl=1)and do the ]steps of method and now you can see [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ .
    for your information i'm on custom android 4.4 by maho-66 (n4elitelite v15) and my imei is correct and
    sorry for my poor english:p
    Hi,

I used this method to unlock my i9305 and it kind of worked but I'm getting almost no signal now compared to my other phone which gets perfect signal in the same place! ( and its NOT a problem with this phone ), is there some way to undo this so I can use an unlock code from my carrier and get it working again? ( £100 down the drain if I cant...)

No offence but this method did not unlock the other bands or make it work properly at all...

When I got my new I9305, I used this method and it worked perfectly. since then, my phone was completely unlocked. tried 3 different carrier, everything worked perfectly i have almost perfect signal everywhere. I'm sorry it didn't work well for you.

I don't know how to reverse it as I am not the one who find this bug to unlock. Try to find the creator of these instructions and ask him.