Windows Phone 8.1 for HTC 8s would solve all problems

Search This thread

nafnist

Nov 18, 2007
Everytime I try to install the update I get the error 8007000d. I have plenty of space after a hardreset, but still this error.

Anyone had this issue?

mgsstar

Sep 3, 2012
I didn't bother factory resetting to get this update, I was able to delete enough apps to get it done without!

Anyone had any luck with Cortana? I've heard that it's possible by setting device region to US, although I had no luck.

I haven't managed to install any extra apps on 8.1 - it always throws up errors. Anyone else having this trouble?

I don't have any problems installing my apps to SD Card. Did you do a clean install to Windows Phone 8.1 as I did because I ran out of room during installation and make sure you go to storage spaces and set your apps to install to sd card.

nafnist

Nov 18, 2007
Finally got it working! No more Error 8007000d!

This is the steps I took to make WP8.1 work on my HTC 8S. (I'm located in Europe)

1. Download the shipped RUU from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094384
2.Boot into bootloader, connect usb to PC and flash.
enter bootloader by shutdown phone,
then press and hold camera button and vol + and vol -,
then press power button until it starts booting release power button, while not releasing the other buttons untill bootloader is reached.​
3. After flash, go search for HTC updates and install them all until it says phone is upto date.
4. Get Developer Unlocked, and start searching for updates again. It will be Microsoft Updates this itme - install them all.

Done.

Man, that took all night!

Final Note!
Apparently we can not get Cortana on a HTC 8S phones sold outside the US. Using the region/language trick. The shipped ROMs from HTC does not contain the English (US) phone language. So you can change the Region, Speech, Keyboard etc, but not the Phone Language. And
This is also an issue for HTC 8X. Hopefully Cortana will be released to regions outside US.

Last edited:

nikiu

Nov 1, 2007
I managed to upgrade my 8S last night to 8.1 flawlessly via the Preview for Developers App. Everything works fine. No bugs so far, except Cortana which is not available. Phone language is set at English UK since my phone came from London, even though it is unbranded.

If you press the Search button and search for Cortana, swipe from left to right and you will see that it finds Cortana settings but it says that it is disabled. No luck so far.

TheNT

Jul 16, 2008
zagreb
www.mitsubishi.hr
One bug bugs me with 8.1... Advanced settings in IE not working.
Hopefully official firmware and patch will solve that.
I was expecting making google degault search provider as bing in my region Croatia pretty sucks.
But its a no go crashes on clicking advanced settings.
But... 8.1 brought this lil crap new life... Even asphalt 8 runs great with its 1.5gb instalation on class10 card.
Battery drasticly rediced but i expected it as now there is one more drive to read all time with aps on it.
Same was with my last android.
Aerize explorer soft u can use to manage ur files and copy paste delete all file actions u need.
Gps aplications like copilot install on sd card and downloadaps as much u want. 2gb in my case.
After all 3weeks already im happy.
Plus there is more that will probably come some official firmware and patch from htc to solve some we can say minor bugs.
And yup we will have VPN gor business use :)
And nokia drive will vome official free for all on wp 8.1.
Cortana still nothing outside is dont even tty u will just mess ur internal space.
And yeah i hope firmeare will bit improve baterry life.

You all will be very happy.
After all i think this phone needed more then any other around sd card use due to lack of internal memory.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Sorry for typos fat fingers :)

Kami Look

Jul 18, 2014
Shiraz
WP 8.1?

Hi :cool:
I want update my phone to Preview WP 8.1,is this a good idea? :confused:
I'm worry about bugs & Error after Preview update...

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
You have two possibility:
- Install Windows Phone 8.1 via the Preview for Developers (PFD) program.
- Wait for the official deployment.

I do not give you more information on the PFD, because the official deploy Windows Phone 8.1 (and Lumia Cyan) for Nokia Lumia 1520 should soon began. Also, Microsoft currently stopped for the moment (for a indefinitely period) deploying Windows Phone 8.1 on phones equipped with PFD.

So, I advise you to wait.

Reactions: Kami Look

Kami Look

Jul 18, 2014
Shiraz
TNX

I do not give you more information on the PFD, because the official deploy Windows Phone 8.1 (and Lumia Cyan) for Nokia Lumia 1520 should soon began. Also, Microsoft currently stopped for the moment (for a indefinitely period) deploying Windows Phone 8.1 on phones equipped with PFD.

Tnx a lot
I Choose "Waiting"
anyway,HTC support team told me by email:
Official WP 8.1 will be release in August for HTC windows phones

Reactions: DilanChd

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Hi...
Who has received the preview 8.1 GDR1 Update?
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ormation/e804a249-fb06-494e-8802-007a4e14810f ;)

Microsoft said:
Note: If your device is enabled for the update but no new version is made available to you: There are a small set of devices for which we aren’t offering the latest build of the Developer Preview program due to an identified problem that requires mobile operator or OEM driver updates. These will be offered when the official update for your phone is available.

Reactions: Kami Look

Kami Look

Jul 18, 2014
Shiraz
This is the htc support team answer:
Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support.

I can certainly understand how important it is to have your HTC Windows Phone 8S updated with the latest software available. We do not have official information at the moment whether or not this particular phone will receive this update. Please note that HTC does not announce release dates of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. Please stay tuned to our website and social media for future update announcements.
it's continue...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WP8.1 Installed

Cant wait for wp8.1!!! Lets Hope it comes to 8S

Sent from my A620m using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Installed WP8.1 today on my HTC 8S via the Preview for Developers app.
    First impressions are it's very slick and my phone appears to run quicker.
    I needed 704.05 free space on my phone to install WP8.1. Therefore I had to uninstall most of my apps and a couple of games.
    However when reinstalling them they can now be installed to the SD card!!

TNX

Tnx a lot
    I Choose "Waiting"
    Thanks for this information ;)
    Hi...
    Who has received the preview 8.1 GDR1 Update?
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ormation/e804a249-fb06-494e-8802-007a4e14810f ;)

Microsoft said:
    Note: If your device is enabled for the update but no new version is made available to you: There are a small set of devices for which we aren’t offering the latest build of the Developer Preview program due to an identified problem that requires mobile operator or OEM driver updates. These will be offered when the official update for your phone is available.