[Q] Is there anyway to "jump" the touch capability out?

Search This thread

JoshRoss70

Aug 14, 2011
I have an old GS3, and the glass, digitizer and lcd are all shot, but the phone is still functional. I can connect the phone to my tv, via HDMI cable, but have no ability of unlocking the phone, or doing anything with it. Is there any way to basically 'jump" the touch capability to something else, or do I have to have everything replaced?

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I have an old GS3, and the glass, digitizer and lcd are all shot, but the phone is still functional. I can connect the phone to my tv, via HDMI cable, but have no ability of unlocking the phone, or doing anything with it. Is there any way to basically 'jump" the touch capability to something else, or do I have to have everything replaced?

yea I would say take it to get repaired cause theirs apps to lets you control your phone from computer but you need the touch to work on your phone to let it happen....but that's from what I know so far

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
I would get estimates on repair, but also check on the price of a used/refurbished phone. My daughter got her screen repaired for about $120 (don't know what all was repaired/replaced). Broke it again and bought a used replacement for about $110. I think (IMHO) that used s3's are worth the money...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer

Touch won't work without the digitizer... Like said above you can probably buy a used one for what it will cost you to fix it. I got two refurbs for $150 each like 6 months ago... in perfect condition. They're probably even cheaper now.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would get estimates on repair, but also check on the price of a used/refurbished phone. My daughter got her screen repaired for about $120 (don't know what all was repaired/replaced). Broke it again and bought a used replacement for about $110. I think (IMHO) that used s3's are worth the money...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Touch won't work without the digitizer... Like said above you can probably buy a used one for what it will cost you to fix it. I got two refurbs for $150 each like 6 months ago... in perfect condition. They're probably even cheaper now.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png