[ROM][BUILD 4][24/12/2011] Unofficial Oxygen 2.3.2 port for the Desire HD/Inspire 4G

Search This thread

theLofD

Apr 30, 2011
Falun
This happens in nearly every AOSP ROM, it doesn't affect the functions of the phone in any way. I have the same thing on mine and my profile/contact pictures are fine

Just realised I thanked your post instead of reply, so have a thanks :)

I'm on CM7.1 now and there it is possible to set my own phone number. The same function is in Oxygen as well but doesn't work.

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
ive noticed that my wifi is rather slow. and by slow i mean i'm barely getting 1megabit download speed. on sense roms i usually get at least 5-8 from the same hotspot (at home, nobody else is using it)

there's another bug. sometimes when i turn off data, it doesn't turn back on until i restart the phone or go to airplane mode and back

It's worth trying a different kernel.
Please refer to my previous post here for the options:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22675418

Cheers

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
i'm currently using talonice bfs. i've also tried a few lordmod kernels but a lot of them made my phone freeze when playing games. all of them had the same wifi performance though

Strange, if I was you, I would try and change the Wifi channel in the router settings. You certainly have something conflicting there. I had a similar issue, rectified by changing router settings. Download Wi-Fi Analyzer, and see if you have a crowded channel, or change your router output.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

Cheers

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
it is strange indeed. i did try changing channels before, didn't fix it. not that it would since it only happens to me with non-sense roms. i have no idea what could be causing this.

i made a thread in the support section a while ago and people said that it was the non-stock wifi driver. but how can that be possible since it works fine for other people?

If you have the patience, it may be worth full wiping and flashing again.
I use the super wipe zip from mike1986's thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=840040

Sometimes problems can be attributed to a bad flash.

Good luck ;)

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
alright i'll try that.

EDIT: ok so I used the revolution hd superwipe and then installed oxygen. same problem. perhaps it's something in the router ? its obviously not the channel because my hotspot is the only one my phone sees. other phones get like 10megabit download, and so does my phone with the stock/sense rom.

could it be radio? i've been using the one recomended in revolution hd thread

To be honest, it's usually the Kernel that's associated with the Wifi.
I would log into the Router and have a little test session with the settings. Turning it from "N" to "G" for example. And just check channels with the mentioned app.

Cheers

jahred

Jul 3, 2009
Hey everyone,

Do you know how to get battery percentage on the status bar? I don't think this ROM has that feature, so I think we have to manually flash it. Can someone point me to a fully working and tested zip? I just want the battery icon to include the battery percentage level inside.

Klemmer1

Jun 4, 2009
Westfriesland
Hey everyone,

Do you know how to get battery percentage on the status bar? I don't think this ROM has that feature, so I think we have to manually flash it. Can someone point me to a fully working and tested zip? I just want the battery icon to include the battery percentage level inside.

Go to settings- Status Bar , and voila, upper option - Battery percentage

Gr. K

Youngunn2008

Aug 2, 2010
Alton, IL
Hey everyone,

The one that's in the options doesn't have the numbers inside the battery. You'll need to go to the UOT online kitchen and cook up your desired battery mod and then flash the file they give you. Very painless.

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

jahred

Jul 3, 2009
Yes it does, am using it now. Refer to the earlier post about battery option

Actually, I think Youngunn2008 does have a point. I tried that option and what I get is the battery percentage with a very small vertical battery icon next to it. What I really want is a horizontal battery icon with the percentage inside. However, I'm now going to do the UOT kitchen stuff because I don't think it's worth the trouble, the stock solution is fine for me. Thanks a lot everyone ;)

Reactions: Klemmer1

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
I wish this rom had circlemod battery :(

Its nice to have a few options about the battery icon and/or signal of wifi/gps

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
Try cooking what you like in the uot kitchen. Then you can get it whenever and however you want it. Give it a try.

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A3.2

Thanks, I'll give it a try.. but again if it was build in you could change it so it could be enabled or disabled, installing a zip file means that its not one click to disable it :)

hrkfdn

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
Thanks, I'll give it a try.. but again if it was build in you could change it so it could be enabled or disabled, installing a zip file means that its not one click to disable it :)
Hey there! I'll just reply to your PM here, because other users might care about this as well. :)

This ROM will most likely not contain any other modifications. I intend to keep this as close to the Oxygen tree as possible. Sorry about that :(
This was merely intended to be a decent port of Oxygen to provide DHD users a very vanilla-ish AOSP user experience (which this section was lacking, I believe).

However, as mentioned by others, the UOT kitchen seems to provide an easy solution for all your modding needs :)

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
I'm very happy about this rom, although I play with other roms this is the one that I use when I need good battery and stability, I tried kitchen so I have the battery exactly as I like but the am/pm sign disappear(I prefer 12h and not 24h style), probably because I changed also the font(or because the language is Greek).. I'm not sure exactly, I'll find out though

Last edited:

LoVeRice

Mar 14, 2011
Manila
hi any fix for flash videos not playing on the browser? plays audio only.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OXYGEN FOR THE DESIRE HD/INSPIRE 4G - SLEEK AND FAST (UNOFFICIAL)

This is basically a mix of some CyanogenMod commits and device files that have been merged to the Oxygen tree, so all credits go to them. It is very fast! See for yourself..

Oxygen is based on AOSP and very lightweight. It incorporates several fixes and additions from other ROMs. I find it to be a good balance between AOSP and patches.

The last Build (4) has undergone enough testing to say that it is very stable. Battery life is reported to be very good!

This is not a binary port! It is the Oxygen tree compiled for the HTC Ace!

Code:
    CHANGELOG:
    BUILD 4:
    - Add "Hide Hold Button" to call settings as requested
    BUILD 3:
    - Fix sound on the Inspire 4G
    BUILD 2:
    - Fix battery drain
    - Fix video overlay and YouTube
    - Fix camera
    BUILD 1:
    - Initial Release
    BUGREPORTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Flash with CWM. Google Apps are included (which is probably going to change in the near future). Do a full wipe!

The rest should be fine, but I didn't have the time to test the build very thoroughly.

Again, feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Enjoy!
    Thank you guys for the feedback!

Here's build 2:

YouTube/Video fixed
    Camera fixed
    Battery drain fixed (in my tests CurrentWidget reported 4mA)

Please give it a spin and report!

No sound for me either, fast as hell though!

Thanks!

I got no sound

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

I see. You guys don't BOTH happen to be on an Inspire 4G? That's most likely the problem - I built this for the DHD. I will look at this for the next build, but I don't have an Inspire 4G to test it. So bear with me guys ;)
    Ok, now when I installed Cyanogen Mod because of similar problems with Oxygen and PDroid onboard (logcat errors about "invalid debug stream") I can tell some of the differences between Oxygen and Cyanogen.

In short words, Cyanogen has much more features. It's quite rich and to be honest, Oxygen looks like a poor copy without many things onboard. I do not comapred the speed of both, but it seems slightly better for Oxygen, BUT... not that much I would like to have Oxygen, I really prefer Cyanogen. The battery usage is about the same - no usage at all ;P.

So, basically, I see no point using Oxygen until someone will answer my previous post claiming things that can be really compared mathematically. I see no such things for now.

Summarizing, Sense is best for convenient usage but slow and buggy. Cyanogen has no flaws as I see it, and it's quite featureful, but without some functionality I liked, but I can live with this. Oxygen is even less featureful, maybe a very little faster because of this, but has no other advantages over Cyanogen Mod and does not cooperate with PDroid well - same as Sense. So for me choice is obvious.

Relax! ;)
    I'm glad you found your favorite ROM, but just because some differences might not be that obvious doesn't mean they're pointless. No one is forcing you to use this.

From my experience Oxygen is easier on the battery (it was back then when I ported it, esp. standby drain.) and a lot lighter. It's closer to AOSP. That alone justifies its existence - some other people seem to see it that way, too.

Now, I did not create Oxygen. I only patched it to compile for the DHD, but it is most definitely not a "poor copy". Oxygen does not even try to CyanogenMod. Besides, the code is open-source. So is CMs. Everything is perfectly alright here.. :p

By the way.. I have sold my Desire HD and purchased a Galaxy Nexus. That means there will be very little to no updates. Besides, gingerbread is pretty much dying on the DHD. Most people want ICS, understandably so.

Just to let you know: It's been fun and thanks for all the feedback. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. Cheers! :)
    Here is a very small christmas gift (in advance, for some users ;)):

http://diff.cc/roms/update-oxygen-2.3.2-DesireHD-b4_hrkfdn.zip

The only change is a switch that allows you to remove the hold button. I discovered that it took for the changes to take effect (meaning not immediately, but very soon), however it should work. Once people report it to be working I will update the first post.

Thanks for your support and merry christmas! :)
    Thank you, this is the best ROM ever for DHD.. for those who prefers the taste pure droid like me :) I used the older version, but keen to taste the newest.. downloading it now..

I suppose it's okay to inform the OP that I've played a little with this ROM for a while now, to make it a bit to my taste :eek: Should I make a new thread for it?

screenshot-1324879860510.png
    screenshot-1324879968560.png

This is the fastest ROM, from Quadrant numbers, that ever run in my DHD. I almost fainted :eek:

@ 1 GHz:
    screenshot-1324873555671.png

underclocked @ 768 MHz:
    screenshot-1324879676116.png

overclocked @ 1.5 GHz:
    screenshot-1324873462767.png