[Q] Titanium Backup and SD card

Search This thread

ender200j

Jan 27, 2013
Hi,
I can't seem to get TiBu to write to my external hard drive. I checked the old posts but they did not help with this. I used an SD fixer but that didn't help.
Thanks

Reactions: cerobles1

sludge1121997

Nov 19, 2013
Mumbai
Yeah I tried that. Thats why I said it won't let me write to the SD card. It says "This is not a writable folder" on anything on the extSD card

Is it read only or something ?

Can you play files via root explorer ?

What ROM you have ?

What Version of Titanium Backup ?

??Thank Me Up If I Helped You ??

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Yeah I tried that. Thats why I said it won't let me write to the SD card. It says "This is not a writable folder" on anything on the extSD card

1. Using a root-enabled file manager, navigate to /system/etc/permissions*
2. Edit platform.xml and find the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
3. Add an additional group definition for this permission...<group gid="media_rw" />
4. Save the changes to the file.
5. Restart.

Should work

ender200j

Jan 27, 2013

What ROM you have ?

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

3. Add an additional group definition for this permission...<group gid="media_rw" />
5. Restart.

Should work

it has that in there: <group gid="media_rw" /></permission>

Todd727

Jun 19, 2014
I had already used that but it still wouldn't let me write to it. So i restarted. Seems to work now. thanks

You have to restart after you edit a system file so the changes will load. Restarting after you make any system changes is almost always required, including freezing and deleting apps if you want to see the immediate benefit.

cerobles1

Sep 10, 2011
Riverview

galaxy s4 nutjob

Mar 7, 2014
Niagara Falls

What ROM you have ?

5. Restart.

Should work

Thanks work for me

kettir

Mar 31, 2011
Central Ohio
I ran the SDfix app and checked for the permission xml edit. Possibly SDfix did the edit for me since it is there as listed in this thread, but TBup still can't save to the external SD card. I did set up Foldermount and linked so supposedly TBup is saving to the external card but a real fix would be great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda premium

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
I ran the SDfix app and checked for the permission xml edit. Possibly SDfix did the edit for me since it is there as listed in this thread, but TBup still can't save to the external SD card. I did set up Foldermount and linked so supposedly TBup is saving to the external card but a real fix would be great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda premium
Are you getting a write permission error without foldemount, or is it just saving to the phone and not the sdcard?

Top Liked Posts