KitKat and Data roaming: lost data connectivity notification

Search This thread

madner81

Jan 24, 2014
Hi all,
I'm facing a very disappointing bug with KitKat (installed few days ago): I have a G2 with D80220a-ESA-XX firmware (stock, unrooted) and more and more times during the day a popup reporting "You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off" appears. Roaming is disabled on my phone but this popups appears even if data are disabled and if the phone is not really roaming. If data are enabled, a notification with a triangle reporting the same message appears more and more times even if the phone is not roaming. This situation is very frustrating and above all, sometimes when the popup appears, my preferred network is automatically switched from 2G/3G/4G to 2G/3G. With the previous versions of Android this issue never appeared, so I'm here to ask you if somebody also is experiencing the same behaviour and how to report this bug to Google/LG or how to solve it?

Thank you so much for your help

something_new

Jun 10, 2012
Im still on jb and have been having this type behavior from day one also get more dropped calls than any phone i've had i've tried every setting and combinations i can do i think maybe the scan times are set for to long have noticed sometime when in a strong signal area i make a call and the no data pops up then after 30 to 60 seconds data reconnects im hopping that this gets resolved in the kitkat update for sprint

sent from my lg-ls980 there are many like it but this one is mine

madner81

Jan 24, 2014
Im still on jb and have been having this type behavior from day one also get more dropped calls than any phone i've had i've tried every setting and combinations i can do i think maybe the scan times are set for to long have noticed sometime when in a strong signal area i make a call and the no data pops up then after 30 to 60 seconds data reconnects im hopping that this gets resolved in the kitkat update for sprint

This doesn't sound good bro

something_new

Jun 10, 2012
Yea i see complaints all spread out on this subject no one seems to know how to fix it i've talked to my carrier about it more than once and they keep blowing me off

madner81

Jan 24, 2014
The behavior in some scenario is really frustrating: when there is an incoming call, the popup appears above, so I can only press the OK button that brings me to the networks configurations, then I have to go back to home, pull down the notification area, click on the incoming call notification and finally answer. All this just to answer and I let you to imagine how easy is this while driving. Really I hope that somebody can help... :(

Last edited:

something_new

Jun 10, 2012
Been there done that i'm hopeful that might be whats taking so long with our update maybe some of these bugs are getting squashed

madner81

Jan 24, 2014
Little update: it seems that if the phone went in roaming one time, every later time that the data are enabled or disabled, the popup appears. Can anybody else confirm this behavior?

something_new

Jun 10, 2012
Was in roam about 75% of the day yesterday and get this pop up all the time i need data 100% of the time for business ain't got time for lost data connection uploadfromtaptalk1395764116284.jpg
I wish there was a way to turn all the radio's on and force them to stay on i could care less about battery i need my service at 100% if there is lte available it should connect i shouldn't have to reboot just to get lte to connect my battery will last about 4 hours and thats plenty but hey im a heavy user thats why i have a charger and have to keep it on charge 50% of my day now weekends are different can fully charge on a friday night and not need a charge till Sunday night before work so battery means nothing

Last edited:

Nikkelmann

May 31, 2010
Hi all,
I'm facing a very disappointing bug with KitKat (installed few days ago): I have a G2 with D80220a-ESA-XX firmware (stock, unrooted) and more and more times during the day a popup reporting "You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off" appears. Roaming is disabled on my phone but this popups appears even if data are disabled and if the phone is not really roaming. If data are enabled, a notification with a triangle reporting the same message appears more and more times even if the phone is not roaming. This situation is very frustrating and above all, sometimes when the popup appears, my preferred network is automatically switched from 2G/3G/4G to 2G/3G. With the previous versions of Android this issue never appeared, so I'm here to ask you if somebody also is experiencing the same behaviour and how to report this bug to Google/LG or how to solve it?

I'm also experiencing the same bug on my G2 with D80220b-EUR-XX firmware. I have 3 (Hi3G) as my provider.
Sometimes it helps to turn Flight mode on and off, but only for a short while, then it pops back up.

clipper87

May 2, 2014
HTC Desire 601 Kitkat & Dataroaming

Hi all,

I have to select dataroaming in order to be able to use mobile data after the kitkat upgrade. Enabling WIFI intermittently fails & the max volume is about 50% of what is used to be. Done numerous factory resets all to no avail. Seems there will be no 4.4.3 update for the 601 so I'll have to ditch it

ericgl

Apr 16, 2014
I've got the same roaming warning.
I'm using an LG G2 D802 32GB with stock KitKat 4.4.2 + root + xdabbeb's camera mod v3.20.
I've no idea why it's happening. I can still use my phone and I'm connected to my network as usual.

Anybody with a solution?

Last edited:

Lakings12

Jul 23, 2014
Fixed my connection issues

I don't know if this will help everyone, but for me I figured out I had an app that stopped working right after the update. The app I was using was Onovo. Hope this helps someone.

Pseast

Apr 28, 2014
smart network switch

i turned off "smart network switch" and it seemed to stop the persistent message. I dont see the point of that option because phones seem to automatically switch anyway by default, not allowing wifi and data to both be running at the same time.

Pseast

Apr 28, 2014
Nevermind

i turned off "smart network switch" and it seemed to stop the persistent message. I dont see the point of that option because phones seem to automatically switch anyway by default, not allowing wifi and data to both be running at the same time.

Scratch that, premature observation. Still get the notifications at times...