[ROM][19.06.2012]MS2Ginger Gingerbread 2.3.6 for Milestone 2

Search This thread
How come i get an insufficient space message on my phone when i try to install apps. in settings-storage, it says i still have more than 5gb free space. Surprisingly, when i use the disk usage app, it shows my storage as only 2.2gb with around 1.6gb free. Even so i still have a lot more free space than what is needed to install the pacman game for my kid. I am on ms2ginger 3.0. Any ideas?

Try to set boot mode to normal.

Sent from my Motorola Milestone 2 using XDA Premium app

i was on normal. tried with 2nd-init, still the same. any more suggestions?

thanks phoxy84 for trying to help.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

things just got more strange. it seems that installing a 9mb app from the play store will install properly but installing a 6mb app from my sd folder gives that insufficient space message.

phoxy84

Aug 5, 2010
The Hague
i was on normal. tried with 2nd-init, still the same. any more suggestions?

thanks phoxy84 for trying to help.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

things just got more strange. it seems that installing a 9mb app from the play store will install properly but installing a 6mb app from my sd folder gives that insufficient space message.

How is the space in Titanium seperated?

Edit: and perhaps the install location in Cyanogen - Application settings?

Last edited:

xenusr

Jul 4, 2010
Izh
When i use Milestone2patchMS2Ginger4.0withbaseband.zip at 1st boot i need run PlusV1.98 app for change radio to get gsm work. I try to fix this issue in attached patch. It's work for me.

Attachments

• 002ms2g40_ms2fix.zip
    382.1 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: braby

joinwoo

Jan 17, 2010
thx.,, I am usuing 2.3.4 UK sbf , kenral 2.6 ,I try using CWM , many other BOm , like miui ,wiui can not be load , do any one know why? thx

Last edited:

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
Read through, but still unsure

Hey all, I bought a new Milestone2 the other day and I know about the Ms2ginger rom from flashing it to my defy a while ago. But I tried flashing it to my Milestone2, it said that there was a md5sum mismatch. From what I've read here, I need to update my clockworkmod recovery image and flash the fixed sbf file before I do that.
But how do I update my recovery image?? And how to flash the sbf file? I know I have to do it with rsd lite, I've reflashed my defy countless times.
Can I please have a step by step procedure with download links? :) Thanks in advance! :D

Keep up the good work people :)

Edit: I successfully flashed the brazil sbf 2.3. I might not flash the Ms2ginger anymore, since this is basically the same rom (am I right?)
Can anyone tell me if the Ms2ginger is better than the brazil 2.3 Update? A pros and cons maybe?

Last edited:

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Hey all, I bought a new Milestone2 the other day and I know about the Ms2ginger rom from flashing it to my defy a while ago. But I tried flashing it to my Milestone2, it said that there was a md5sum mismatch. From what I've read here, I need to update my clockworkmod recovery image and flash the fixed sbf file before I do that.
But how do I update my recovery image?? And how to flash the sbf file? I know I have to do it with rsd lite, I've reflashed my defy countless times.
Can I please have a step by step procedure with download links? :) Thanks in advance! :D

Keep up the good work people :)

Edit: I successfully flashed the brazil sbf 2.3. I might not flash the Ms2ginger anymore, since this is basically the same rom (am I right?)
Can anyone tell me if the Ms2ginger is better than the brazil 2.3 Update? A pros and cons maybe?

ms2ginger based on stock moto gb rom. check defy thread first post. there is a changelog.

Linuxser

Sep 25, 2009
Buenos Aires
Thanks for this.

Easy than copy bp_nvm_default at hand :D

Sorry to myself but the connection is too weak wit this patch .

I was with 2.3.6 Movistar AR R01 long time. Connection was good.
Then. Moved to CM10 form some weeks without problems.
And when attempt to test MSGinger 4 Iost I GSM or 3G connection. Patch did not work.

After apply this second patch above radio is back but too weak and unstable
-113 dbm most of the time with peaks of -80 at best.

-Danik-

Oct 10, 2012
Sorry to myself but the connection is too weak wit this patch .

I was with 2.3.6 Movistar AR R01 long time. Connection was good.
Then. Moved to CM10 form some weeks without problems.
And when attempt to test MSGinger 4 Iost I GSM or 3G connection. Patch did not work.

After apply this second patch above radio is back but too weak and unstable
-113 dbm most of the time with peaks of -80 at best.

Guys , Check out my thread for MS2Ginger which flawlessly works, no Baseband problems <Universal BB 3.2 libs> plus alot more enhancements! <alot more>
:)
that was due to the ROM came with defy stock baseband .

Last edited:

harisit2005

Dec 14, 2010
Does this support apex launcher or any other similar launcher ?

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I assume no liability for any damage to your phone!

You can use my complete rom or parts of it to make your own rom. Only post a small thanks on your owm thread.

Big thanks to: iaio72, spear1403, tgzw, Quarx, Simondo, ein1002, santimanuel, epsylon3 and ...

Language support for final 4.0 --> da, de, el, en, es, fi, fr, hr, hu, id, it, nb, nl, pl, pt, pt-BR, sv, th, ti, vi, zh_CH, zh_TW + arabic* and ru*

MS2Ginger 4.0

- based on 4.5.2-109-DHT-25 - Android 2.3.6 blur lite rom
    - support for Defy, Defy+, Milestone 2, Bravo
    - MS2Ginger4 can used as 2nd-system (tested on GB kernel only) !! system image file have to be >= 350 MB
    - multibootmanger app by royale1223
    - new bootmenu 1.1.8, CWM 5.0.5/6, multiboot big thanks to m11kkaa
    - 2 way to boot the rom: normal and via 2nd-init (default)
    - new reboot option form cm7.2 --> trigger: all keys at the same time vol- , vol+ , power (only tested on Defy)
    - disabled blurhome rotation
    - button backlight can set from 10-100 % via build.prop
    - mmcfix from CM7
    - CPU settings default safe 30/300 38/600 {48/800} 58/1000
    - Camera will work on SOC and Bayer camera (green* and red)
    - better camera support for bayer camera
    - new 720p record* and play (Milestone 2 - Android 2.3.6 files)
    - 720p record in m4v (h264 can be enabled via build.prop)
    - Milestone 2 froyo camara app for SOC camera (fixed green strips)
    - BlurHome from Milestone 2 - 2.3.6 (no widget updating bug)
    - Battery min. 2-5 mA/h
    - no wifi, apn, vpn bugs
    - wifi channels 12, 13, 14 enabled
    - bootmenu + cwm (vsel4/clk4 added) "did not work for SOC camera with greenbreadMOD"
    - bootmenu with Stable, Custom, Stock-Recovery
    - call record libs
    - init.d support
    - zipalign at boot
    - ramscript
    - backlight button fix for Defy with bayer camera (can removed via optional patch)
    - deepsleep support
    - max 10 finger multitouch
    - support for farsi-arabic, hebrew (thanks to MMarv)
    - CyanogenMod-settings not finished (alpha) - sorry, will try to fix it if i have more time.

(* via greenbreadmod for MS2Ginger4.0 and if you never flashed a Android 2.3.6 full sbf with bl7)
    (* 720p record only for Bayer camera Defy and Milestone 2)

Download: ROM, BlurApps, Greenbread: (MS2Ginger4.0.zip, BlurApps-MS2Ginger4.zip,Milestone2patchMS2Ginger4.0withbaseband.zip )

Mirror 1 (google)
    Mirror 2 (Dev-Host)

More information for BlurApps --> LINK

Soft-sim-unlock for MS2Ginger 4.0

based on Dabb guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1447950

Install View attachment 1129769 via CWM.

If you like MS2Ginger feel free to donate! Donations will be used to purchase a Defy with SOC camera (green lens)

Bugs and problems Reporting: http://code.google.com/p/ms2ginger/issues/list?can=1&q

- wifi bug like all 2.3.6 Motorola roms http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1502817
    (fixed, disable unlimited lease time for IP adress on your rooter)

Timeline:

19.06.12 - MS2Ginger 4.0 released
    05.02.12 - MS2Ginger 3.0 released

Patch and updates for current release

1. none for MS2Ginger 4.0

HOW to INSTALL:

To begin:
    1. Put the Nandroid backup folder MS2Ginger on the SDCard in this folder: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
    2. Put "Milestone2patchMS2Ginger4.0withbaseband.zip" to the root of your sdcard
    3. Put "Milestone2-GB-kernel-update.zip*" to the root of your sdcard (only if you have a froyo kernel)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    1. Root your Milestone 2 and Install BOOTMENU - CWM for Milestone 2
    2. REBOOT
    3. run 2nd-init (voldown on blue LED)
    4. Go to "Recovery"
    5. Go to "Latest or Stable or Custom Recovery"
    6. "wipe data and cache"
    7. Go to "Backup and Restore"
    8. Go to "Advance Restore"
    9. Select "MS2Ginger4.0"
    10. "restore system"
    11. Go to "install zip from sdcard"
    12. select and install "Milestone2patchMS2Ginger4.0withbaseband.zip"
    13. "Install "Milestone2-GB-kernel-update.zip" via install zip" (only if you have froyo kernel)
    14. reboot
    15. Booting up can take a while, max is about 10 minutes.

Team:

- walter79
    - spear1403 (theming)
    - santiemanuel
    - Defy red lens tests spear1403
    - Defy greens lens tests luciferps and Cristi_10
    - Defy plus tests Dollo73 and free2live
    - Milestone 2 tests Carolinux and Motodoido

Translation Team: (each language max. 4 person) View attachment 806172

Brazillian Portuguese: pupiloalpha , Cassinander , filipeazev

Bulgarian Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Farsi: MMarv

Hungarian: szabof1 , balika01

Polish: yackoo , szacuken , Antszej

Serbian: atomskasarma

Spanish espaciosalter20

Spanish-Argentina YaPeL
    After some mods I could get Defy's boot menu to work on Milestone2. Will test it further before trying CM7 + Boot menu.
    Great news

Great News ppl!

I was able to flash my own update.zip into this damned Milestone2 phone. It looks like the /system protection is only engaged when you format /system partition or when you delete recursively the bare /system directory. But it is possible to remove the contents of every single /system sub-directory without being punished by the M logo lockdown. It's very simple indeed and the idea come from the updater-script of Droid2 Fission ROM.

To achieve this result you should remove the following lines of updater-script:
    - any format command issued to /system
    - delete_recursive("/system");

And replace for this lines:
    delete_recursive("/system/app/");
    delete_recursive("/system/etc/");
    delete_recursive("/system/fonts/");
    delete_recursive("/system/framework/");
    delete_recursive("/system/lib/");
    delete_recursive("/system/media/");
    delete_recursive("/system/tts/");
    delete_recursive("/system/usr/");
    delete_recursive("/system/xbin/");

Also my custom update.zip where able to start ADB while the phone is still booting.

Very nice :)
    I had exactly the same problem as yours while flashing roms a while ago

you won' t fix it with the baseband switching app that comes for instance with milestone 2 toolbox (it did not work for me)

you have to follow the full procedure described here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182050

this should certainly work
    From that chinese forum gfan, I used google translate to find the rom heh and suffered a beyond slow download rate on u.115.com, I'm finishing uploading it to a eastern server.

The original file is located at u.115.com/file/bh5durqs#
    click on the button I circled red to download it
    BYs8k.png

edit: I'll update this post with the multiupload.com link as soon as it's done, 10minutes to finish.

edit 2: There we go, the signed gingerbread rom: http://www.multiupload.com/V88C09ZFH5